Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2013, 03:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
oldgoldy97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: land of 10,000 letdowns
Posts: 10,870
Default 13-14 Young Guns pricing estimates

One of my favorite threads in years past have been guesses on Young Guns prices prior to release. A couple of the hockey experts on here are really good at getting close. Does anyone want to venture guesses this year? UD 1 is due out in a few weeks.
__________________
99% of my cards are pack-pulled
Collecting since 1987
If you don't have anything nice to say, post it anyway, Sally
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,081
Default

I can't wait for this product this year.
mwash1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 06:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
GoJays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,483
Default

MacKinnon: $150
Jones: $150
Barkov: $60
Monahan: $35 (at which point I will pick up as many as I can!)

Those are the four guys I feel like guessing, and those are release prices. Give it a week, MacKinnon will settle at $100, Jones at $80, Barkov at $40, and Monahan at $20 (at which point I will pick up more!).
__________________
I will leave my signature the same until the Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup. In short, I will never change my signature.
GoJays is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,853
Default

is there a checklist out yet? Those prices seem a bit high for Jones and McKinnon. Dont the top YGs usually go in the 60-80 range the first week?
__________________


anusinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
oldgoldy97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: land of 10,000 letdowns
Posts: 10,870
Default

What about last year's rookies?
__________________
99% of my cards are pack-pulled
Collecting since 1987
If you don't have anything nice to say, post it anyway, Sally
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
GoJays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusinha View Post
is there a checklist out yet? Those prices seem a bit high for Jones and McKinnon. Dont the top YGs usually go in the 60-80 range the first week?
They a high compared to averages of years past, but I'm thinking the hype around the release could drive the prices up that high. I do think they will settle down, and decrease quickly (maybe a week after), but the incredible hype around Jones and MacKinnon could very well bring them up this high, with people thinking prices could get to Crosby/Ovechkin prices.
__________________
I will leave my signature the same until the Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup. In short, I will never change my signature.
GoJays is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Lowell MA
Posts: 886
Send a message via AIM to fergman78
Default

Just a question as far as the YG go, how is the collation? I'm busting 2 cases so that should be 144 YG if there are only 50 in the set should I expect to get 2 Sets? If so, is it best to sell 2 master sets, the YG set by itself, or the YG individually? This is my first time busting base UD so I just wasn't sure how it breaks down.
__________________
Always Looking for Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins and Patriots Cards

Twitter: @scott_NECC
fergman78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
frozenntimesports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: York, PA
Posts: 10,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
They a high compared to averages of years past, but I'm thinking the hype around the release could drive the prices up that high. I do think they will settle down, and decrease quickly (maybe a week after), but the incredible hype around Jones and MacKinnon could very well bring them up this high, with people thinking prices could get to Crosby/Ovechkin prices.
Don't forget last year's rookies, which are Yapukov and company.

Some of these players will be held back for Series 2, but if MacKinnon and Yapukov are in Series 1, these are $100 boxes out of the gate.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
solt0131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 5,645
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
MacKinnon: $150
Jones: $150
Barkov: $60
Monahan: $35 (at which point I will pick up as many as I can!)

Those are the four guys I feel like guessing, and those are release prices. Give it a week, MacKinnon will settle at $100, Jones at $80, Barkov at $40, and Monahan at $20 (at which point I will pick up more!).
Totally wrong. MacKinnon won't come close to $100, he will be $75 at the high point, then settle in around 50 or 60. Jones will be lucky to hit $50 out of the gate.

There is no way these boxes will ever reach $100. It's a solid checklist for sure, but those prices are absurd.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
cruiserdaddy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
Totally wrong. MacKinnon won't come close to $100, he will be $75 at the high point, then settle in around 50 or 60. Jones will be lucky to hit $50 out of the gate.

There is no way these boxes will ever reach $100. It's a solid checklist for sure, but those prices are absurd.
Glad to see someone is a little more realistic here. If these boxes were $100 out of the gate Id flip in a heartbeat. So would most.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,853
Default

Yakupov is confirmed, so is Hertl. Hertls canvas sp shows him scoring the between the legs goal.
__________________


anusinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
ts-jersey1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 118
Default

i can't see UD1 boxes going for much more than $85 > but if someone wants to buy them at $100 per > heck let me know ive got 3 cases coming in
ts-jersey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,534
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts-jersey1 View Post
i can't see UD1 boxes going for much more than $85 > but if someone wants to buy them at $100 per > heck let me know ive got 3 cases coming in


plus its probably gonna be over produced .
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,534
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergman78 View Post
Just a question as far as the YG go, how is the collation? I'm busting 2 cases so that should be 144 YG if there are only 50 in the set should I expect to get 2 Sets? If so, is it best to sell 2 master sets, the YG set by itself, or the YG individually? This is my first time busting base UD so I just wasn't sure how it breaks down.


not sure ,but i remember people reporting only one crosby per case in his rookie year .
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:22 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,853
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
not sure ,but i remember people reporting only one crosby per case in his rookie year .
there are no sp young guns. you should get doubles of a few guys per case
__________________


anusinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:31 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
frozenntimesports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: York, PA
Posts: 10,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
not sure ,but i remember people reporting only one crosby per case in his rookie year .
I got three.

I don't see Seth Jones getting a ton of heat, he's a defenseman. What do Phaneuf and Hedman go for these days?

MacKinnon is an Av, he could be a $100 card. Yapukov is an Oiler, RNH gets $85, why not Yapukov? A checklist with 10-15 $25-30 Young Guns and a couple of big dollar Young Guns and this is a $100 box.

If its overproduced, that is a different story.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:31 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
cruiserdaddy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,272
Default

The times we are in with cardboard I do not see any of these bringing over $75-80 within the first month. Also with the amount of wax produced I am curious when we will see this $100 a box estimate? Are you guys saying immediate on release? In a year or two if someone really pops? I was able to pre-order all I wanted at $58 a box and got a free binder for each 3 boxes ordered. This stuff is not and was not tough to order. Do not fool yourselves into thinking this is going to be $100 a box anytime in the near future.

If it does hit $100 soon feel free to beat me up on here.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:06 AM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 510
Default

Yakupov - 70 (he's not playing well)
Galchenyuk - 75
Gallagher - 65 (could be higher if he stays hot)
McKinnon - 80
Seth jones - 40 (d man and being in Nashville doesn't help, I am being generous at 40)
Hertl - 40
Huberdeau - 60
Barkov - 50 (again, Florida hurts it here)

These will be cracked like Hot cakes at the expo, but it won't hit a 100 per box, probably like 80-85
Nutcracker33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:05 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
edhou1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Edgewater, NJ
Posts: 2,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutcracker33 View Post
Yakupov - 70 (he's not playing well)
Galchenyuk - 75
Gallagher - 65 (could be higher if he stays hot)
McKinnon - 80
Seth jones - 40 (d man and being in Nashville doesn't help, I am being generous at 40)
Hertl - 40
Huberdeau - 60
Barkov - 50 (again, Florida hurts it here)

These will be cracked like Hot cakes at the expo, but it won't hit a 100 per box, probably like 80-85
I think the Hertl (especially if he continues his torrid points pace) is low. I only casually follow the Sharks and I want his cards over anyone not named McKinnon or Galchenyuk above.
Huberdeau I think is high relative to the other guys above.
edhou1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:10 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edhou1 View Post
I think the Hertl (especially if he continues his torrid points pace) is low. I only casually follow the Sharks and I want his cards over anyone not named McKinnon or Galchenyuk above.
Huberdeau I think is high relative to the other guys above.
yep, agreed

lol Yakupov is scratched again , so thats a 65 dollar cards now lol
Nutcracker33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:38 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
edhou1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Edgewater, NJ
Posts: 2,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutcracker33 View Post
yep, agreed

lol Yakupov is scratched again , so thats a 65 dollar cards now lol
haha. Yeah, it's Murphy's law. Whatever cards you have a lot of- those are the cards that go down.
edhou1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:50 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
LGBuffalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 624
Default

Has there been any official release date for this yet? I don't see anything listed on the Blowout release calendar but yet other sites are listing a pre-sale with a release date. Thanks!
LGBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:17 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGBuffalo View Post
Has there been any official release date for this yet? I don't see anything listed on the Blowout release calendar but yet other sites are listing a pre-sale with a release date. Thanks!
it will probably be beginning of november, just in time for the expo in toronto
Nutcracker33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:43 AM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
allhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Northern Virginia Metro DC
Posts: 567
Send a message via Yahoo to allhockey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutcracker33 View Post
it will probably be beginning of november, just in time for the expo in toronto
the release date of this stuff is Nov 5th- earlier than usual by about 2 weeks or so. Panini Select will come out a day or two after, certainly the same week.
__________________
Metro DC's top line source for hockey cards since '89
Proud supporter of USA Hockey
now on Twitter @allhockeyva
allhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:43 AM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
Carlton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Washington
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutcracker33 View Post
Yakupov - 70 (he's not playing well)
Galchenyuk - 75
Gallagher - 65 (could be higher if he stays hot)
McKinnon - 80
Seth jones - 40 (d man and being in Nashville doesn't help, I am being generous at 40)
Hertl - 40
Huberdeau - 60
Barkov - 50 (again, Florida hurts it here)

These will be cracked like Hot cakes at the expo, but it won't hit a 100 per box, probably like 80-85
Yakupov's been a healthy scratch now multiple times, so even though he was a #1 overall pick, I see him settling closer to $40. In fact, I would probably choose a whole lot of Tarasenko cards instead of one Yakupov.

Galchenyuk and Gallagher have less of a fan base in Montreal than PK Subban, so I'll place them at less than Subban in the $20 range.

I can see McKinnon in the Nugent-Hopkins $80 range, at least to start.

I'm sure Nashville thinks the best-case scenario for Seth Jones would be like Ryan Suter or Shea Weber, and we all know how much their RC's are. It may start high, but even if he's a superstar D-man, the price can only go down. It just can't stick around at even Erik Karlsson's $25 value level for very long.

Initial value is based on speculation, but long-term price relies on fan support. That sick Hertl 'showboat' goal is attracting some fans, and probably a $50-$60 tag. More if he keeps getting to play against the Rangers (or Oilers).

Huberdeau and Barkov will have overlooked RC's due to their small market, similar to Jeff Skinner in Carolina, and I see similar prices around $15-$20.

As for Monahan, we'll see if he sticks around after his 9-game junior trial. If he does, I'd say $15-$20 would be my estimate.

Hype is great, but I tend to wait a year or more before finishing my YG sets. Getting the Kreider and Baertschi from last year for pennies now, instead of $40+ when they came out, doesn't bother me one bit.

Last edited by Carlton; 10-15-2013 at 06:45 AM.
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.