Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   HOCKEY (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/hockey/)
-   -   How do you ship hockey cards to Canada? (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/hockey/608609-how-do-you-ship-hockey-cards-canada.html)

brewcrew8 11-02-2013 01:53 PM

How do you ship hockey cards to Canada?

I want to sell hockey cards on eBay but recently I've had to stop shipping to Canada because the post office won't accept my bubble mailers as large envelopes anymore. I've been getting 2 oz. bubble mailers sent back asking for $4.00 more in postage.

So I was wondering how other people have been shipping to Canada, how much does it cost and how safe are the cards the way you ship it?

Thanks

ncm7772 11-02-2013 03:30 PM

It's a crap shoot, but I will usually put 4 forever stamps on for a single card. Even it's it's a thick one, it usually works. Once you get over a few cards though, you've gotta bite the bullet and ship as a parcel. It's BS, but it is what it is.

I'm also open to hearing other suggestions as well.

hairysasquatch 11-02-2013 07:36 PM

Geez how many threads on this do we need? Check out the search feature, opie...

ejs23 11-02-2013 09:56 PM

ship first class international with a bubble mailer. it costs $6-$7 but i think Canadian buyers expect that.

hermanotarjeta 11-03-2013 01:58 AM

close your eyes and cross your fingers, and pray customs doesn't steal your card and pray the mail service doesn't steal your card, and pray the customer doesn't claim that they never received the card.

it's as simple as that.

chezball 11-03-2013 07:04 AM

I really depends on the postal worker,I trained the workers at my PO.If it's 3 oz. or less I can get it there for under 3 bucks.There's also a way to track it,but I won't be disclosing that info.

ejs23 11-03-2013 12:36 PM

[QUOTE=chezball;5999129]There's also a way to track it,but I won't be disclosing that info.[/QUOTE]

what's to disclose? first class international (to Canada) comes with tracking & delivery confirmation now.... though there still seems to be some confusion around it. the workers at my local post office still don't know that it exists, but every package i've sent recently shows tracking and delivery confirmation.

chezball 11-05-2013 09:32 AM

The simple answer is,you don't.

DetectiveChrome 11-05-2013 10:05 AM

By boat or canoe up the river

DetectiveChrome 11-05-2013 10:06 AM

[QUOTE=chezball;6012929]The simple answer is,you don't.[/QUOTE]

I commend the sellers that ship to Canada.

The ones that don't, I understand (due to past experiences, unrealistic prices). The ones that don't because of the extra paperwork (a few lines on a 5x7 sheet) and the ones that charge more than $7 for regular mail are scum.

brewcrew8 11-06-2013 02:28 PM

[QUOTE=DetectiveChrome;6013064]I commend the sellers that ship to Canada.

The ones that don't, I understand (due to past experiences, unrealistic prices). The ones that don't because of the extra paperwork (a few lines on a 5x7 sheet) and the ones that charge more than $7 for regular mail are scum.[/QUOTE]

I charged $3.99 (maybe a little to high) to ship for Canada earlier in the year in a stamped well packaged bubble mailer, didn't mind the extra paperwork. But then the postal service suddenly stopped shipping them asking for $7+ dollars for a couple oz bubble mailer. I ship for $6.99 now just because I don't want to ship cards in a PWE and it saves a ton of hassle. I imagine most sellers are in the same boat.

chezball 11-06-2013 05:33 PM

Come tomorrow I'm getting 3 boxes of UD.I'll be shipping to Canada for $3.50 for single cards.Any lots I have won't be leaving the US.

cmccart82003 11-06-2013 06:29 PM

[QUOTE=brewcrew8;5995016]I want to sell hockey cards on eBay but recently I've had to stop shipping to Canada because the post office won't accept my bubble mailers as large envelopes anymore. I've been getting 2 oz. bubble mailers sent back asking for $4.00 more in postage.

So I was wondering how other people have been shipping to Canada, how much does it cost and how safe are the cards the way you ship it?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I always ship as first class package and it costs 6.16 or so. I always charge 7.00 for international shipping worldwide unless more than 3 ounces. Free tracking that way too through ebay labels.