Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2013, 12:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default G4: ANH contest 6 (2 entries)

Welcome to the Griswold annual contest. This is contest #6 good for two entries to the winner's circle of the main Griswold page. All valid entries will be randomed and spots #1 and 2 will be the winners. This contest will run until 12/4 at 12pm EST. Good Luck!!

The shopping season is upon us as BF has kicked off. This got Clark into his old reminiscing mindset and he began thinking of gifts from holidays past. Specifically, he thought about what great traditions holiday gifts can be if there is a yearly theme or tradition you follow.

1) What gift traditions do you enjoy with your family/friends?
2) Is there a gift from your childhood you still fondly remember? Describe.

Answers should look like this;
1) I always enjoyed my grandparents' stockings. They were long 3 foot stretch material so you always had to put your whole arm in to grab the goodies contained therein. Kids always got a Mad magazine and adults got a Playboy in theirs. Always a couple solid gifts stuffed in them too not just stuffers.
2) GI Joe USS Flagg aircraft carrier...the box too big for under the tree.
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isnít that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16
Rinkwraith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 12:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

Gifts were traditional-under the tree with stockings stuffed with candy and a few small things

2. Knex Roller Coaster was certainly memorable. Thing took forever to build then you play then rip it apart and start over

Old 11-29-2013, 01:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

1 none
i remeber getting this as a kid

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 01:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

1) white elephant with close friends. Select group, it gets personal, and it's always a good time. Held at annual holiday party at friends house. Other than that your standard christmas.

2) my 7th christmas, red schwinn. First official bike that wasn't a hand mdown. Super geeked, my first taste of freedom.
amdrewrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 03:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

1. Just spending Christmas eve with all of our friends and relatives
2. Opening my first Daisy pellet gun on Christmas morning
eb12057 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 03:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Nick2317 Send a message via Yahoo to Nick2317

1. Every year on Christmas eve my aunt deep fries a turkey and has a party at her house that is a cant miss event esp now that Im older and my family has gotten smaller unfortunately

2. have 3 gifts from my childhood that I still have to this day the board game mouse trap that I LOVED growing up ...always played it with my dad......second is a Tamiya falcon rc car that you had to build ....it was a big gift back in the early 90's I think it was $300.00 back then and my dad sat up all night building it for me Christmas night so I could play with it the next day ....and lastly my first ever .22 gun .....just a small kiddie rifle but I still have it and hope to pass it on to a child of my own someday ...
Old 11-29-2013, 07:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy

1. Don't have too many gift traditions, but my grandfather always bought my father paper plates for Christmas, each year. I never knew why, but the first Christmas after they both passed away I bought them for everyone

2. I remember getting my first DVD player back when I was in college, thought it was super cool

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Jason Pierre-Paul, Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
SethMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 07:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

1. New pajamas for my kids on Christmas Eve is a tradition that I have kept from when I was a lad.
2. Death Star playset from the original Star Wars. It was the biggest gift I ever received up to that point in my life.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:59 PM   #9 (permalink)

1)Christmas eve evening looks like this - Go to church , then for dinner to olive garden , drive and see some christmas lights , come home sit by fire place and open christmas gifts , Christmas morning wake up open stockings and have a early Christmas dinner .

2)Paajarvi Timera Sweden jersey from my dad .
cjrw83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

1. The best tradition I remember is opening 1 gift of Christmas Eve after coming home from my Aunt Pat's house.
2. My gift I remember the most was a baseball encyclopedia that have every player that ever played in a major league game through the 1975 season. The book had to be 8 inches thick. and I spent dozens of hours going through and looking up everything!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:07 PM   #11 (permalink)

1. I remember my grandmother would always give me $8. Never more, never less (this was when $8 could get you something, of course). $8 every year (except one, when she gave me underwear instead ).

2. I remember getting a new hockey stick, going out the next day, and breaking the stick in two. I spent weeks trying to fix it before my parents caved and got me a new one, which would end up lasting for a while (although it too did break!).
Old 11-30-2013, 08:50 AM   #12 (permalink)

1. we open gifts as a immediate family at least a week before christmas because all of us are too busy. my parents have the tradition of hosting christmas lunch and dinner with all our extended family and it gets too hectic around that day to open gifts with everyone.
2. i got a tickle me elmo back in the 90s. that toy was the best for me. never seen a toy that could be so wild at the time. still have on my man cave shelf.
bertsplace820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:31 AM   #13 (permalink)

1. My grandmother used to get me/siblings/cousins all the same thing: Money in some kind of puzzle or maze that you had to solve in order to reach it. Very clever, and fun competing to see who could open it first!
2. Best gift ever was when I was a kid obsessed with star wars, my mom got me a HUGE millenium Falcon Spaceship toy. It seemed so big when I was a kid, but if I saw it now it would prolly look tiny.
password- jetscollector
jetscollector10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 03:19 PM   #14 (permalink)

I dont know if I can enter this after making it into the winners circle last contest but i want to post anyways cause its a great fun topic

1. I enjoy stocking gifts the night before. We always get these unique little gifts we exchange and between my nephew and I we do a funny one. One year he got me a Hannah Montana ornament, the following year I got him Justin Bieber pencils. Just fun. I hang the Montana ornament up for fun every year on the tree

2. My first Madden game. My parents usually got me the same presents. A notebook since i loved to write and some form of clothing. One year was different . They got me a Playstation and a Madden game. Was a Christmas i will never forget
Old 11-30-2013, 09:41 PM   #15 (permalink)

#1 chrismas eve with the whole family at my grand parent house (now my parents house)
#2 the year was 86 i was 6...years og joy when i saw that !

But after a week 99% of the time i was only playing with

Thanks for the contest you make me bring back memories that no prize can match !
sykopat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:26 AM   #16 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Bumt this mother up

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:10 AM   #17 (permalink)

1) Although it is often stressful, in the end I do enjoy spending time with my family on Christmas. Moreso my father's side. My grandmother rules, and I have a ton in common with my dad's brothers, and my aunt's current boyfriend is a character and a joy to be around. Although I love my grandparents, aunts/uncles and cousins on my mother's side, there is always BS and drama at family gatherings, and my aunt's new husband is a true, true a$$hole, and I can't stand to be around him. It's bad when you're 28 and your 52 year-old aunt's new husband bothers you. That's how much of a supreme douche this guy is.

2) I'm proud that my parents didn't raise me to be a materialized person. I didn't care how much my parents spent on me when I was a kid. It was about the thought and the important. When I was a freshman in HS, my father drove me to a hockey equipment store outside of Montreal (I wish I could remember the town and store name because it was incredible), and allowed me to pick out whatever skates and shin guards I needed. I got some plush ass Koho's, and still use them 14 years later, LOL. Best skates I ever owned.
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!

Last edited by ncm7772; 12-02-2013 at 09:13 AM.
ncm7772 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:34 PM   #18 (permalink)

↑↑↑ rouseau sport in laval ?
sykopat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:20 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sykopat View Post
↑↑↑ rouseau sport in laval ?
No idea man. If I saw a picture I might be able to recognize. I remember there was a PFK/KFC right near by, haha!
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!
ncm7772 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:09 AM   #20 (permalink)

Noon approaches, great chance to got a spot here.
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isnít that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16
Old 12-04-2013, 12:03 PM   #21 (permalink)

There were 15 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

1.amdrewrj
2.natbornkiller

3.sykopat
4.Giantsphan
5.ilovethelakings
6.cjrw83
7.bassking511
8.eb12057
9.jetscollector10
10.bertsplace820
11.GoJays
12.jlzinck
13.nick2317
14.ncm7772
15.SethMurphy
Timestamp: 2013-12-04 17:02:21 UTC

You have randomized this list 3 times.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:26 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinkwraith View Post
There were 15 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

1.amdrewrj
2.natbornkiller

3.sykopat
4.Giantsphan
5.ilovethelakings
6.cjrw83
7.bassking511
8.eb12057
9.jetscollector10
10.bertsplace820
11.GoJays
12.jlzinck
13.nick2317
14.ncm7772
15.SethMurphy
Timestamp: 2013-12-04 17:02:21 UTC

You have randomized this list 3 times.

WINNER WINDER CHICKEN DINNER

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:05 PM   #23 (permalink)

HUZZAH!

A Christmas goose for everyone!
amdrewrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:00 PM   #24 (permalink)

Congrats to the winners. So close again........
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:07 PM   #25 (permalink)

Congrats guys!