Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

View Poll Results: What should I do with the case?
Open the Case for the fun (loosing money isnt fun to me...lol) 3 25.00%
Open the Case because its worth it 2 16.67%
Sell/Trade the Case 7 58.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2013, 03:19 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Need help deciding on what to do with a case!

I won a 2012-13 Certified Hockey 8-Box Case in a BO Promo, and I receive it today. I only do a little hockey and just go after a couple nicer cards I want.

My question for you guys is if I should open the case , or sell/trade it. It doesnt sell for much and I looked up alot of the cards and I dont really see any "Big" hits. I want all of your feedback and opinions on this as I really need the help. I dont know much about the product only what I see from recent sales on ebay and theres nothing really big that I can see. Please post your honest opinions thanks!

Also if you are interested in the case or anything from it please post it or pm me and we can try to figure something out
sportzkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:48 AM   #2 (permalink)

12-13 is pretty dead as far as hockey cards go, but you can get some nice ones in there..some nice torey krug rookies in there but the nicer cards are harder to hit in certified in my experience anyway..never done a case before though..personally I would probably sell if I were you and buy singles that you like. I'd love to open a case of anything alas I can't really afford that (college loans )
eguthrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:53 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eguthrie View Post
12-13 is pretty dead as far as hockey cards go, but you can get some nice ones in there..some nice torey krug rookies in there but the nicer cards are harder to hit in certified in my experience anyway..never done a case before though..personally I would probably sell if I were you and buy singles that you like. I'd love to open a case of anything alas I can't really afford that (college loans )
I know how you feel. I have never really opened a case before except razor baseball and historic autographs but never a case like this. With the exception of Krug and Kryder (I know spelt wrong) I don't see any value in it. And I think I would get about $400 for the case
Old 12-10-2013, 04:10 AM   #4 (permalink)

@ 400 there's value if you hit the right cards, but there's always that risk....I guess it just depends on how much fun you'd have ripping..if you like hockey as much as me, I would probably rip even though I know I would probably lose..if you mostly collect other stuff then probably better off with the safe bet of cold hard cash

yeah kreider, krug, baertschi, silfverberg are really the only rookies worth getting out of 12-13
eguthrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:19 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eguthrie View Post
@ 400 there's value if you hit the right cards, but there's always that risk....I guess it just depends on how much fun you'd have ripping..if you like hockey as much as me, I would probably rip even though I know I would probably lose..if you mostly collect other stuff then probably better off with the safe bet of cold hard cash

yeah kreider, krug, baertschi, silfverberg are really the only rookies worth getting out of 12-13

Don't really buy too much hockey. I do a lot IP autos so I buy my yearly OPC and usually 2 other boxes. Nothing really high end like I do for other sports I amulet look for investment cards/players an I am not sure there's much of tha here. Or HOF autos of star players I like. I bought one pack of cert and got a pat lafontaine auto lol
Old 12-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

plenty of this product was left on the shelves, leaving it open to being full of really nice cards. i'd rip it in a hot second.
PensFan29 is offline   Reply With Quote