Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2014, 08:27 PM   #101 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleurycup09 View Post
While Toews was playing against guys from the local pick up leagues
Noted that you said this jibberish. Toews during the WJC was playing against; Malkin, Kessel, Kane,Rask, E. Johnson, etc,etc, lol…etc. So, these are pick up leaguers? Do you even look at statistical evidence to back up such outlandish statements?When, suddenly, did the WJC become on par with a pick up league? Now, I understand that many here defending Sid are Pens fans, Pens fans whom might have invested a huge amount of money into trading cards bearing his picture and the thought of somebody else being deemed the better player just might cause them to get cold feet in terms of their investment, but honestly, relax. That poster on the wall only comes down if Pens fans choose it to. But, no offense, I do enjoy Malkin being deemed a pick up leaguer just on principle.

Quote:
Sid was playing alongside Mario against MEN who wanted nothing more then to bash his head in (see Hatcher Pronger and many more). Still managed to put up 102 points along side an OLD Recchi, Palffy and Leclair.
And, with MEN, couldn’t produce a playoff berth while playing with the likes of a washed up Mario and the rest of the geriatric ward, obviously. Ah yes, he was a marked child the second he laced up his skates, which pretty much every hyped up prospect has to deal with. Blame the Pens front office for not supplying him with protection and maybe he would have beaten OV for the Calder or had more points then OV. A fine rookie season, but alas, not good enough to garner even a playoff chance. Now fast forward to last years playoffs, and what was the excuse then? The Hawks steam rolled the Bruins, while the Pens were swept. Swept, I tell ya. And embarrassed. So much so, that Iggy, who only accepted a trade to play along side Sid and speculate a gift Cup went to the other side the next year to try and actually get a good shot at making a Cup final and lose again to the Hawks. This could be debated, but the fact two star players high tailed it outta Pittsburgh, Hossa and Iggy, when they had a chance says a lot more about the presumption Sid is this mystical leader among men then any C on an Olympic team ever could.
Quote:
Toews was passed up by 2 teams in the draft obviously they saw more talent elsewhere at the time.
Yes, and sure enough, those teams, the Blues and Pens, have been kicking themselves ever since for trying to, in their feeble minds, mind you, taking players with whom valued scouts said had more upside instead of taking the proven winner with a similar, if not better, tool box. Both teams obviously made a mistake, and trying to use such folly is a rather weak argument.
Why, here is some links pertaining to that draft;
A look back at the 2006 Entry Draft - 2011 NHL Entry Draft
2006 NHL Draft Revisited
I mean, lets take the fact Toews was committed to finishing college into context, or that Johnson was considered the second coming of Pronger and Staal was being compared to his brother. Toews was considered the safest pick with the lowest floor. Neither one of those players have come close to replicating Toews success, so hindsight is 20/20 but thank the lord both GM’s were so stupid as to let the best player in the NHL fall to your Champion Blackhawks.

Quote:
Sid on the other hand was waiting to be drafted when he was 13 y/o.
So is every 13 y/o with the dream of playing in the NHL.

Wait, are you trying to say Sid was ready for the NHL as a 13 y/o right after typing out how big meanies like Chris Pronger were “head hunting” him? Double LOL
Quote:
Sid always played levels above his own age. Even now NHLers not Toews Fanbois vote Crosby as the #1 player. His whole career Sid has made every guy on his line better Armstrong, Christiensen, Malone, Dupper, Kunitz ect. Toews has never made a player better.
Already been thru this folly. Sid hasn’t made anybody better when those players he is lined up with were already good(Kunitz), proven to be consistent in production away from Sid (Malone), or had their best season away from Sid (Armstrong). If Sid had this god given talent, then why did two top line players choose to leave him in this day and age of contracts based on performance? One of which chose to play with Toews? And we can go into who has Toews made better, but Mike Babcock said it best when asked last Olympics who the best players were;
”Whoever was playing with Toews
So right there, ill take it from the best coach in the game that Toews makes players around him better….superstar players, no less. It isn’t a surprise to me that Bergeron started becoming the player he is now after playing wing with Toews. Undisputed considering Bergeron didn’t start ringing up Selke votes until after playing with the guy. Now, I know what Crosboi nation will say to counter, but sadly, Toews didn’t play wing on Sid’s line.(chuckles)

Quote:
Cups tell no tale.
They don’t? Why, only a Sid fan with say such blather. Tell this to those players who cry like girls the second they raise that thing over their head and feel their NHL career is complete, like Ray Bourque. Tell this to any kid who dreams of raising the Cup, or the “tale” engraved every single year into the thing itself like a chapter of completeness for the year played. Nah, not worth playing for? Scoring titles tell more, perhaps? Excuses? Injuries? PP points?
Quote:
The Hawks system is a winning system.
Yet, you need players to play that system, with Toews being the main cog in the wheel that makes everything work. Seriously, how many Hawks games have you seen, son? The entire Hawks system was built around strong two way play thru out four lines, speed, and puck possession. Kane, whom somebody stated was the “franchise” player on this team, is a second line player because of this.
Quote:
You can take a handful of the NHL upper talent and win with that system
Oh really? Because the only players I could honestly think that could replace the things Toews provides are only Datsyuk and Bergeron and even then I don’t think either would deliver the total package. Trying to short change a dual Cup winning captain for the sake of propping up Sid is, again hilarious. You cannot play make believe or “what if”. Stick to reality and fact, there isn’t another optional choice considering most NHL “upper talent” cannot play the system the Hawks play. If they could, there would be an abundance of teams trying to copy the winning template of your Champions. Sid cant play that type of game, he isn’t defensively responsible enough to center players like Sharp and Hossa. If he was, why did Hossa leave? It certainly wasn’t money considering the Pens offered him 7.5 million a year.
Quote:
but Penguins Run through Crosby
But a puck possession team that stresses two way play doesn’t run thru the best two way player in the game? (scratches head)
Quote:
. He is hands down the most Amazing talent to watch. His non goals make top 10 lists. Toews cant be #1 in the NHL when he wouldn't be #1 or even two on 3 of the 30 NHL Teams. Toews is a GREAT player and deserving of every award and Championship he has won and he plays the game the right way BUT he himself will tell you he isn't better then Sid.
Of course he wouldn’t. He Jonathan Toews. He just wins Cups.

Good job.
thetheham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:40 PM   #102 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Nick2317 Send a message via Yahoo to Nick2317

Do your knees hurt from constantly servicing toews genitals?

Last edited by Nick2317; 01-21-2014 at 08:46 PM.
Nick2317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:41 PM   #103 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick2317 View Post
Do your knees hut from constantly servicing toews genitals?
I was going to ask if he had carpel tunnel from writing those long, idiotic responses, but I like this better .
Old 01-21-2014, 09:07 PM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:

is sucking his Toews considered a fetish??
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:13 PM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
bazingaaaaaaaaa
Old 01-22-2014, 01:23 AM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejs23 View Post
i hear Toews is being sent to Sochi a week early to use his superhuman abilities to find and kill all potential terrorists... #SuperToews
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
I was going to ask if he had carpel tunnel from writing those long, idiotic responses, but I like this better .
Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
Quote:
bazingaaaaaaaaa
And there it is. The power of a difference in opinion can turn anybody considerably immature. Do try harder. The internets is serious business, it seems, at least give me something other then useless drivel I would expect school aged children to type out. Make a statement Tell me how one Cup is better then having two Cups on your career resume, at least. Keep it interesting.

And for my other fans, no worries, I will respond to everybody in due time. Good job.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:51 AM   #107 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetheham View Post
So much so, that Iggy, who only accepted a trade to play along side Sid and speculate a gift Cup went to the other side the next year to try and actually get a good shot at making a Cup final and lose again to the Hawks. This could be debated, but the fact two star players high tailed it outta Pittsburgh, Hossa and Iggy, when they had a chance says a lot more about the presumption Sid is this mystical leader among men then any C on an Olympic team ever could.

...why did Hossa leave? It certainly wasn’t money considering the Pens offered him 7.5 million a year.

yeah, Hossa left for Detroit and Pittsburgh won the Cup the next year. great call.

as for Iginla, the Pens weren't going to resign him.
ejs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:27 AM   #108 (permalink)

So by your logic toews is just as good as Mario Lemieux cause they both have 2 cups rite? And I would gladly bet you wouldn't find anyone on the face if the earth to agree with that except for you and your warped view of toews rewriting the history books every time he steps in the ice so please tell me how toews is just as good as Lemieux
Old 01-22-2014, 04:41 AM   #109 (permalink)

Quote:
yeah, Hossa left for Detroit and Pittsburgh won the Cup the next year. great call.
Then went to the beloved Champions and won two Cups with Jonathan Toews. Of course its a great call. Hawk fans get to see Hossa in beast mode on a regular basis and be amazed at the best defensive wing in the league. Its not like he made a mistake choosing Toews over Sid, he obviously didn't considering Toews was the person who handed the Cup to Hoss and did the one thing even Sid couldn't do, provide him with his NHL dream of winning a Cup. But then again, that's what men do.
Quote:
as for Iginla, the Pens weren't going to resign him.
LOL, Iggy was all in right after the Pens were embarrassed by the Bruins then jumped ship and took a pay cut to get as fast outta Pittsburgh as he did with an incentives laden contract the Pens could have fit under their cap easily. Why Shero himself stated Iggy had two or three good years left and could be a mentor to Bennett, hardly sounds like they didn't have an idea of resigning him, then after Iggys contract was released, Shero knew he had been had.

Two star players. Both left as soon as they could. Why is that?

Good reply.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:53 AM   #110 (permalink)

Quote:
So by your logic toews is just as good as Mario Lemieux cause they both have 2 cups rite? And I would gladly bet you wouldn't find anyone on the face if the earth to agree with that except for you and your warped view of toews rewriting the history books every time he steps in the ice so please tell me how toews is just as good as Lemieux
This debate isn't about Lemieux, but about Toews/Crosby. That's the title of the thread and considering Lemieux is retired, it isn't fair to compare somebody retired with players who are 25 and 26, respectively who are just entering the primes of their careers.

But I will say this; when Toews wins that third Cup this year he will be a better winner then Lemieux if just by numbers alone.

I also understand you made some disturbing joke about cancer in another thread. Then was so ashamed of yourself you deleted such disgusting text. I really hope you are better then that and understand there isn't anything funny about cancer. If you have a hard time debating somebody who doesn't share the same opinion as yourself, then do the right thing and don't reply instead of bringing down those stricken with a disease that kills people for your own amusement. Men don't need to stoop to such levels.

And I didn't forget my other fans. Ill get to you soon.

As always, good reply.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:28 AM   #111 (permalink)

Quote:
Its not like he made a mistake choosing Toews over Sid, he obviously didn't considering Toews was the person who handed the Cup to Hoss and did the one thing even Sid couldn't do, provide him with his NHL dream of winning a Cup.
except that Hossa didn't choose Toews over Crosby... he chose Detroit. then, when he didn't have an option of going back to Pittsburgh, he chose Toews. and, as we know, had he stayed in Pittsburgh he would have won that Cup.

Quote:
But then again, that's what men do.
seriously... what does that even mean?

Quote:
Two star players. Both left as soon as they could. Why is that?
yeah, because it's so rare for anyone in the NHL to do that.

better question... why is a player like Malkin, who is arguably the 2nd best player in the world behind Crosby, happy to stay in Pittsburgh? he could be THE star somewhere else... or taken more money to play in Russia. but he knows playing in Pittsburgh, with Crosby, is his best chance to win multiple Cups.

Quote:
But I will say this; when Toews wins that third Cup this year he will be a better winner then Lemieux if just by numbers alone.
ok, now this debate has totally jumped the shark.

again, by your logic Bryan Trottier is better than Gretzky or Lemieux.

you're entire argument hinges on 3 things... 1) Toews has 2 Cups and Crosby only has 1, so far... 2) Toews was given the award of "best forward" at the 2010 Olympics... and 3) you like Toews and dislike Crosby.

honestly, point 3 is your strongest argument... cause the other 2 don't hold up.

the completely subjective, almost arbitrary, "best forward" award means little... especially in the face of Crosby scoring the winning goal (and the fact that Toews had 1 single goal during the entire tournament).

the 2 Cups v 1 Cup is a fair argument but it's not proof of anything except that Chicago was the best team those 2 years while Pittsburgh was the best team only 1 year. unfortunately, this isn't a debate over which team is/was better... it's about which player is the best. you seem to be missing that point.

and really, the answer to all of this is in the question itself. to prove that Toews is better, you have to argue that he's better than Crosby... the road has to lead through him. however when arguing that Crosby is best, it's deciding if anyone measures up to him... Toews, Malkin, Ovechkin, Stamkos, etc. and i doubt many would put Toews first on that list.

anyway... if you got nothing other than "2 cups" and "best forward," then i'd say there's no real debate left. let's just wait, watch and see what happens going forward... starting in Sochi.... where Sid is the Captain.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:38 AM   #112 (permalink)

My father died from cancer so you can get bent dude you and your debate is a joke you need to get a life you are turning into one of the more laughable blind fans on this site 300+ posts of stirring the pot with your nonsensical jibber jabber garbage people wait for your replays not to debate with you but to see how out to lunch you are with your reply

Your "stats" are a joke on a team sport as are you. You lost any respect from anyone when your one of the douchebag fans calling people fanbois if cups is the measuring stick to you on greatness then you would be glossing over how many hof players that are leaps and bounds better than your man child Brett hull,teemu selanne, and with your warped logic one more cup makes toews just as good as Steve yzerman which people would be glad to debate you on who's better

So keep up with your pathetic love fest and being the butt of jokes on here from being a delusional narrow minded ignorant jack off.

You start threads on here just to stir up crap or make stupid comments just to rile people up you bring nothing to this site as a hobbyist so in closing I'll let you get back to masturbating in the corner while I will sit here and be proud of my father my team and my player that sucks according to you I'll be a fanboi like you
Old 01-22-2014, 06:51 AM   #113 (permalink)

Here is a FACT by the idiot Op's logic Toews rite now is on a level playing field with what many people consider to be 2 of the greatest players EVER Mario Lemieux and Bobby friggin Orr so let that sink in Jonathan Toews is just as good as those 2 if you go by the Op's argument
Old 01-22-2014, 10:02 AM   #114 (permalink)

There both amazing players and teammates for anyone on their team. I would take Crosby over Toews if I had to choose.
RBKSNIPZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 01:14 PM   #115 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
you're entire argument hinges on 3 things... 1) Toews has 2 Cups and Crosby only has 1, so far... 2) Toews was given the award of "best forward" at the 2010 Olympics... and 3) you like Toews and dislike Crosby.

honestly, point 3 is your strongest argument... cause the other 2 don't hold up.
This is what the op's entire sermon is based upon.

You could drag this thread out for another 10 pages if you so choose, throw in "2 Cups", "best Olympic forward", "leader", or whatever adjective you like but the biggest (and most damning) counterpoint to anything you've had to say here is what Kane said.

Kane has the same 2 Cups that Toews has. He has the same Conn Smythe trophy Toews has.....and he still thinks Crosby is the best player in the league. He's not some schlep 4th liner enjoying the view in between his 5 shifts per game.

Again...opinion....except the guy who voiced it is a teammate of Toews and every bit as talented as the guy you feel is better than Crosby. It's also more meaningful coming from a guy who actually plays in the NHL and has faced Crosby on the ice and watched Toews up close every day.

Unless I missed it somewhere I don't think anyone here has said they dislike Toews yet everyone who thinks Crosby is the better player, according to you, is a "fanboi". That's not objective thinking on your part. It's petty jealousy and dislike for Sid.

You like Toews. We get it. You're argument has reached the point to where you're now declaring Toews more of a winner than Lemieux. That's absurd. Lemieux is among the best to EVER play the game. He's top 3-4 all time depending on where you put Gretzky, Orr, and Howe on your list.

Toews isn't even in the top 3-4 players playing today. That's not a dig at you, it's not rattling your cage, it's simply looking at the whole picture. Toews plays on a stacked team. His success is his team's success as much as it is for Kane, Hossa, or any other 2 Cup winner on that team.

You act as if the 2 Cups he has were earned solely on his will and determination to carry his team on his back. There's only been one instance where that damn near actually happened and that was when Messier did it in New York.

I like Toews. I think he's a tremendous player. I'm not a "fanboi" of Crosby either however I think he's phenomenal but it's time to let this go.

Personally I feel Datsyuk in his prime was better than both of them but that's just my opinion.

Come to think of it......stay tuned for my "Datsyuk vs Crosby and Toews" thread.....or not.

223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:54 PM   #116 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

This thread makes watching paint dry fun. When an op is so blinded there is no reason to go further.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:03 PM   #117 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler281 View Post
This thread makes watching paint dry fun. When an op is so blinded there is no reason to go further.

exactly, just won't listen to reasoning. Practically no one else in the hockey world, including most Hawks fans, would say Toews is more valuable to a hockey team or a better hockey player than Crosby
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:50 PM   #118 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 223 View Post
This is what the op's entire sermon is based upon.
Come on now. I don’t “hate” Sid and think he is a fantastic player. I have stated countless times that I value winning over statistics every day. It was mentioned that Rob Scuderi, from my opinion, is a better player than Sid. Well, Scuderi wasn’t chosen to be the franchise player for his team, Toews and Sid were. As hard as this concept is to grasp,. That I place a premium on winning, the proof of my opinion is in the pudding. Toews has won at every level of competition that he has played at. More so then any other player playing today, including Sid. Its not rocket science, nor should it be. But face facts, isn’t it ironic that whatever team Toews plays upon, they seem to magically win? Whom, in this day and age has a better resume then Toews at doing the one thing teams go out on the ice to do? From the WJC to the Cup finals to the Olympics, Toews has set the standard.
Quote:
You could drag this thread out for another 10 pages if you so choose, throw in "2 Cups", "best Olympic forward", "leader", or whatever adjective you like but the biggest (and most damning) counterpoint to anything you've had to say here is what Kane said.
That Sid is a better player? Its good that he says such things. Acting like such blather isn’t productive to the Hawks as a whole is foolish. Why bring the vultureish Canadian media into the fray with a comment taking away from their poster child and bringing such unneeded folly into the Hawks dressing room where things are workman like on account of Toews leadership? Hopefully come contract time these same words, and the words Toews said saying Sid was a better player than Kane, btw, work their way into negotiations and both sign for a sum lower per year then Sid that keeps the Hawks core intact for years to come. Its not a bad thing and never will be. I have stated countless time Sid can win every award until the end of time and be the flagship player for the NHL so long as the Hawks are the flagship franchise.
Quote:
Kane has the same 2 Cups that Toews has. He has the same Conn Smythe trophy Toews has.....and he still thinks Crosby is the best player in the league. He's not some schlep 4th liner enjoying the view in between his 5 shifts per game.
He is also, if you read the story, talking about Sid’s offensive talents. Toews plays a much more complete game. Sid and Kane are the same type of player, both offensively gifted and defensively challenged. There isn’t a single one way player, and that includes Kane, who would say they are a better offensive player then Sid with the exceptions of Tavares who just might be on the same level as Sid now, and OV, who produces more goals. Kane was also asked, in the video interview, which is on the Hawks website, why he suddenly couldn’t keep up in the scoring race with Sid, which is fashionable omitted from the print article, and gave an honest answer- Sid is a better offensive talent. Nothing wrong with that and how this pertains to Toews, who is a different kind of player, is head scratch inducing.
Quote:
Again...opinion....except the guy who voiced it is a teammate of Toews and every bit as talented as the guy you feel is better than Crosby. It's also more meaningful coming from a guy who actually plays in the NHL and has faced Crosby on the ice and watched Toews up close every day.
Wait. When did Kane become defensively aware? When has he killed a penalty or taken a regular shift on the PK? When has he cracked the top line this year on a regular basis outside of the first three games of the season? And better yet, when has Kane scored a goal in regulation in 2014? There is a huge gap in talent between Toews and Kane which is similar to the gap between Toews and Sid. One is well rounded while the other leans more offensively at the sake of defensive responsibilities. Kane doesn’t win faceoffs, he isn’t out on the ice with the lead and the game on the line, nor is he even a first line forward this year. With the exception of a pre-season game where Kane didn’t even dress if memory serves me, Sid hasn’t played against the Hawks in years.So how Kane can gauge Sid’s skill while on the ice against him when he hasn’t played against him in years makes something seem a bit off.
Quote:
Unless I missed it somewhere I don't think anyone here has said they dislike Toews yet everyone who thinks Crosby is the better player, according to you, is a "fanboi". That's not objective thinking on your part. It's petty jealousy and dislike for Sid.
Fanboi’s take it personally when somebody questions the impact of their idol. Not once have I said Sid wasn’t a great player. He is. In my opinion, I favor Toews and what he has accomplished moreso then the scoring titles Sid has emassed in his career. Not once have I made an excuse or pointed to injuries to back my rock solid claim.Nor have I stooped to name calling or making disgusting jokes to further elevate my opinion. Making fun of cancer and the war on terror? Come on now. It wasn’t you but these things have popped up and in some cases quickly edited away out of shame. I get it. There are a lot of Sid fans here who have probably spent a lot of hard earned money on product and the thought of somebody going against the grain with, get this, their opinion makes them uncomfortable. I don’t really care who has deemed Sid the best player, its just opinion and everybody is entitled to their own. What I care about is fact. Toews and Sid are both in the same boat. Both are the flagships players on their teams. Toews, being the flagship player for the Hawks has won more then Sid. Until Sid can guide his team to another Cup win, which is questionable at best, in my opinion, again, he is looking up at Toews. This isn’t a hard concept to grasp…well, it certainly is to some, but its still a factual concept none the less. If the Pens can somehow win the Cup, it will be Sid leading the way. But when the Hawks win the Cup, it’s a team game. I understand this, but the fact remains both teams tanked, both teams bult their teams around their star players, and one team has won more Cups then the other and that team doesn’t boast the questionable two best players in the NHL. Why is that? Does a player who has done nothing but win in his entire hockey career have less value then whom the pundits deem the best players in the NHL? Pundits were telling everybody how the Pens were the best team in the NHL last year after the trade deadline, and this is with a Hawks team that just didn’t lose too many games. How did that work out, again? Toews had nothing to do with this even when the GM’s of the West deemed him the MVP of the West? The Hawks have lost a total of 15 games from the beginning of last year up onto this point in this years season during the regular season. And Toews, the first line center and catalyst of the team, doesn’t get any type of credit for it? Really?
Quote:
You like Toews. We get it. You're argument has reached the point to where you're now declaring Toews more of a winner than Lemieux. That's absurd. Lemieux is among the best to EVER play the game. He's top 3-4 all time depending on where you put Gretzky, Orr, and Howe on your list.
How, just using basic math, would two be greater than three? This is if/when Toews wins the Cup again this year. Three Cups by the age of 25? Come on. How is that not a more impressive feat? I never said Toews was a better player then Lemiuex, I said the next Cup makes him a better winnerin the NHL. It cannot be refuted.
Quote:
Toews isn't even in the top 3-4 players playing today. That's not a dig at you, it's not rattling your cage, it's simply looking at the whole picture. Toews plays on a stacked team. His success is his team's success as much as it is for Kane, Hossa, or any other 2 Cup winner on that team.
But it’s a team sport. Tell me how the Hawks are more stacked then the Pens? The Pens supposedly have the two best players in the world. That, if true, is a huge advantage. Then couple in the Kunitz’s, Neals, Letangs and they are just as stacked as the Hawks.Iggy, Morrow, Sutter…what happened last year? Sids jaw was the issue against the Bruins? You cannot fault Toews for the team he plays on when the Pens are just as stacked a team.But, I can consider him the best player in the NHL for what he does as the main cog of the best team in the NHL. It runs thru him, just like the Pens run thru Sid.
Quote:
You act as if the 2 Cups he has were earned solely on his will and determination to carry his team on his back. There's only been one instance where that damn near actually happened and that was when Messier did it in New York.
Watch both Cup finals. He was a defensive beast against the Flyers with a one way Kane and a huge black hole in Buff on his wing. Buff has taken his game to the next level after playing with Toews. Toews covered for both of them in the Hawks zone. Watch the games.Toews earned that Smythe on his defensive skills moreso then his offense.
Last year, after Toews epic meltdown against the Wings, he played some of the best hockey of his career. Who set up the goal to eliminate the over rated Kings? Who also set up the spirit breaking goal with a pass thru Chars legs? Two times I have seen Toews take over Cup finals and much of his contributuions don’t show up on the score sheet. The guy makes plays every inch of the ice. I would much rather have a guy who plays both sides of the ice and gets around 70 points then somebody who is purely an offensive player and does very little to stop the other team from scoring. Is Rob Brown better then Toews? Brown has a 100+ point and 80 point season on his resume. Perspective right there.

Quote:
Personally I feel Datsyuk in his prime was better than both of them but that's just my opinion.
Me too, actually.

Good reply.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:14 PM   #119 (permalink)

Yes. Sidney Crysby knows who his master is;

Report: Crosby wanted okay from Toews before accepting 'C'

At least Sid asked his master for permission.

I love it.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:16 PM   #120 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Fleurycup09

See whats Toews said in the article you posted....

"Everybody knows Sidney is the guy," said Toews. "I'm just honored to be in the conversation for the captaincy. One way or the other, I'm excited to accept a role like that. If it's more of a leadership role, I'm excited for the challenge."
Old 01-22-2014, 08:38 PM   #121 (permalink)

Quote:
See whats Toews said in the article you posted....

"Everybody knows Sidney is the guy," said Toews. "I'm just honored to be in the conversation for the captaincy. One way or the other, I'm excited to accept a role like that. If it's more of a leadership role, I'm excited for the challenge."
Of course Toews would say that, he is media savvy. Its doesn't change the fact that Sid asked for permission, like a child asking for a cookie, from his master (Toews). Its ok, Sid Nation, Sid is captain because Toews allowed him to be. But that's just Jonathan Toews for ya and cannot be refuted unless, of course, TSN is just making this up.

I do love what Babcock said about Toews;
"He's earned the right to be a captain with Canada: two Cups, Olympic gold," said Babcock. "I don't know what else he's won. It seems more than that. He's a pro who does it right every day. He's a 200-footer. To me, hes an impressive, impressive man."

Yes, Two Cups, 200 foot player. The same things I have been saying. Great minds do think alike since Babs is the best coach in the NHL.

Oh, such a bitter, bitter pill this must be for Sid fans to take orally, or for the butt hurt, as a suppository. I love it I tell ya, love it.

Good reply.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:02 PM   #122 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Fleurycup09

Fact is Sid IS captain Sid is a Stanley cup Champ and Sid has awards that Toews doesn't have, which means Sid WON them which means he is more of a Winner. He has Won more hardware keyword W-O-N.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:19 PM   #123 (permalink)

Quote:
Fact is Sid IS captain
Only because Toews allowed him to be. (chuckles)
Quote:
Sid is a Stanley cup Champ
Toews is a two time Cup Champion.
Quote:
and Sid has awards that Toews doesn't have,
Toews has awards Sid doesn't have.
Quote:
which means Sid WON them which means he is more of a Winner. He has Won more hardware keyword W-O-N.
Hardware? Like Cups? Or individual awards? More then OV? (snickers)

I love this. Sid actually asked Toews for permission to wear the C. How embarrassing it must be for Sid Nation and how humbling it must be for Team Toews.

Feels good man.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:20 PM   #124 (permalink)

It's awesome watching everyone take the OP's bait...
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:17 PM   #125 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes. Sidney Crysby knows who his master is;

Report: Crosby wanted okay from Toews before accepting 'C'

At least Sid asked his master for permission.

I love it.
Crosby was just showing his class. but, as Toews himself said... "Everybody knows Sidney is the guy, I'm just honored to be in the conversation for the captaincy."

clearly, even Toews knows Crosby is the man.