Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2014, 10:42 PM   #126 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetheham View Post
Toews plays a much more complete game.
aka... he's a jack of all trades, master of none. i mean, he's only 20 points behind Crosby at this point in the season. not to mention that Crosby has more face off wins, hits, blocks, power play points, etc.

but please, tell us again how Toews is a "more complete" player.

and Pittsburgh has also won more games than Chicago... so Sid is winning the "wins" too. indisputable.

and, despite his being polite and "asking permission" (some reporters words, not Sid's), Crosby is the Captain of Team Canada... as Toews said, "Crosby is the guy."

hardware? let's see... Stanley Cup, Gold Medal, Hart, Art Ross, Messier, Richard, Lindsay, etc. but yeah, Toews was mvp of his pee wee league or something... that's cool too. let us know when Toews gets a Lindsay... then we'll know his peers feel the same way about him you do. clearly they agree with the rest of us about Crosby. but what do they know, they only share the ice with them.

popularity? no brainer... look in the stands at any Pens away game. measure it by jersey or card sales. whatever you want, Crosby is the face of the NHL.

Quote:
I love this. Sid actually asked Toews for permission to wear the C. How embarrassing it must be for Sid Nation and how humbling it must be for Team Toews.
not sure why, but there was a point where i thought the OP actually wanted to engage in a serious discussion/debate... now i realize he's just repeating nonsense which even he can't actually believe.

Last edited by ejs23; 01-22-2014 at 10:46 PM.
ejs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:58 PM   #127 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejs23 View Post
not sure why, but there was a point where i thought the OP actually wanted to engage in a serious discussion/debate... now i realize he's just repeating nonsense which even he can't actually believe.
I saw early on that he was just baiting everyone, but it's fun to watch.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:56 AM   #128 (permalink)

Quote:
Of course Toews would say that, he is media savvy. Its doesn't change the fact that Sid asked for permission, like a child asking for a cookie, from his master (Toews). Its ok, Sid Nation, Sid is captain because Toews allowed him to be. But that's just Jonathan Toews for ya and cannot be refuted unless, of course, TSN is just making this up.

I do love what Babcock said about Toews;
"He's earned the right to be a captain with Canada: two Cups, Olympic gold," said Babcock. "I don't know what else he's won. It seems more than that. He's a pro who does it right every day. He's a 200-footer. To me, hes an impressive, impressive man."

Yes, Two Cups, 200 foot player. The same things I have been saying. Great minds do think alike since Babs is the best coach in the NHL.

Oh, such a bitter, bitter pill this must be for Sid fans to take orally, or for the butt hurt, as a suppository. I love it I tell ya, love it.

Good reply.
Of course Babcock would say that, he is media savvy.

Funny how when Kane said Crosby was the best player in the NHL, you immediately disregarded that statement and just passed it off. Yet when Babcock compliments Toews (he never says he is better than Crosby, just compliments him), you immediately present it to everyone as proof that you are right. You only care about things that support your statements and of course ignore everything that goes against your argument.

Nice reply though!

Blowout's biggest Cardinals fan

Last edited by SeanieTheMan; 01-23-2014 at 02:29 AM.
SeanieTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:27 AM   #129 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanieTheMan View Post
Toews own teammate, Patrick Kane, himself said Crosby is the best player in the NHL and hopefully he can become as good as Crosby one day.

NHL.com - Blackhawks' Kane sees Crosby as measuring stick - At the Rink blog

If you're too lazy to read through the article, here is what Kane said,

""He produces every night," Kane said of Crosby (25 goals and 43 assists). "He's fun to watch. Even on nights where he maybe doesn't have his best game, he still comes out of there with two assists or a goal and an assist. Then there's games where it seems like he's determined, and he's the best player in the world and just dominates the game. You're like, 'Wow, this guy is amazing.' I think he's the best the player in the League for sure.""

If Toews was truly the best player in the NHL, you could expect that his own teammate Kane would be the first one to say so. Guess not though! Aw shucks, too bad!

Nice try though!
I LOVE how you have avoided this reply.

Can't figure out a way to twist this one??
rhcardinals3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:30 AM   #130 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhcardinals3 View Post
I LOVE how you have avoided this reply.

Can't figure out a way to twist this one??
Scroll up. I already replied to it.

Good job, tho.
thetheham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:31 AM   #131 (permalink)

Quote:
Crosby was just showing his class. but, as Toews himself said... "Everybody knows Sidney is the guy, I'm just honored to be in the conversation for the captaincy."
LOL, in this world of politically correctness I wouldnít expect Toews to say anything else, thatís just who he is.
Quote:
clearly, even Toews knows Crosby is the man.
And from the looks of it, after asking for Toews permission, it looks like Sid knows who his master is.
Quote:
aka... he's a jack of all trades, master of none.
Yes. That Selke award Toews has surely says he isnít the best defensive forward in the league and just wings it in his own zone.(chuckles)
Quote:
i mean, he's only 20 points behind Crosby at this point in the season. not to mention that Crosby has more face off wins, hits, blocks, power play points, etc.
Great points, but then again, Toews has a higher FO win percentage, his on ice shot differential is an ungodly 21.14 compared to Sidís 10.78, rendering Sid blocked shots mute, he averages almost one whole minute more on the PK then Sidís .30 average while Sid compensates his defense by averaging almost a whole minute more per game on the PP. Which is funny considering at ES Sid only has 9 points on Toews. I mean, if Toews had one more minute on the PP per game, lord knows how many more points he would have. But alas, Toews doesnít pad stats. His +/-, compared to Sid, is getting laughable, while their QoC is almost identical. Sidís 3 more hits then Toews really pushes him into the bruiser category. Toews, btw, has 10 more takeaways while Sid truly shines in giving away the puck compared to Toews, which, if you look at puck possession averages.
Shall I go on? Or are advanced stats just a little too complicated?
Quote:
and Pittsburgh has also won more games than Chicago... so Sid is winning the "wins" too. indisputable.
Well, the Hawks have more points and five less losses. Indisputable evidence that the Hawks just donít lose. Couple in last years stats, and the Pens, only this year in a little more then half a season, have almost as many losses as the Hawks have had in two years combined. Now I know last year was a shortened season, but facts are still facts.
Quote:
and, despite his being polite and "asking permission" (some reporters words, not Sid's), Crosby is the Captain of Team Canada... as Toews said, "Crosby is the guy."
Toews also said;
"For Sidney to ask guys for approval, I don't think he needed to do that, but it shows the kind of guy he is,"
Is Toews a liar now?(snicker)
Quote:
hardware? let's see... Stanley Cup, Gold Medal, Hart, Art Ross, Messier, Richard, Lindsay, etc. but yeah, Toews was mvp of his pee wee league or something... that's cool too. let us know when Toews gets a Lindsay... then we'll know his peers feel the same way about him you do. clearly they agree with the rest of us about Crosby. but what do they know, they only share the ice with them.
"He's held in high regard, to say the least, and he's a huge part of the reason why they win as much as they do."- Mike Babcock
ďHe is a truly special playerĒ- Henrik Zetterberg (just last night)
Just two current instances of the opinion of Toews that goes beyond the boys club mentality of the Lindsay award.
Quote:
popularity? no brainer... look in the stands at any Pens away game. measure it by jersey or card sales. whatever you want, Crosby is the face of the NHL.
Never said he wasnít, and might be the biggest reason Toews allowed him to be captain.
Quote:
Actually, Sid fans donít want to hear any type of debate. They just want to hear how Sid is the best and thatís it repeating the same things like the ďgolden goalĒ and so forth. I mean, it isnít like without Toews playing above everybody else, chances are Sid doesnít even get the chance, but I degress.
Sid asking Toews for permission to be Captain says an awful lot about how, even Sid feels about Toews. Toews is the best player in the NHL and that basically confirms it. It feels good right now, I have to admit.

I will get to the rest of my fans in a bit, don't worry guys.
thetheham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:56 AM   #132 (permalink)

Agree to disagree I guess
/thread
brewcrew8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:40 PM   #133 (permalink)

Quote:
Scroll up. I already replied to it.

Good job, tho.
Twisted well. Nicely done.

Good job.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:51 PM   #134 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleurycup09 View Post
See whats Toews said in the article you posted....

"Everybody knows Sidney is the guy," said Toews. "I'm just honored to be in the conversation for the captaincy. One way or the other, I'm excited to accept a role like that. If it's more of a leadership role, I'm excited for the challenge."
Yes...yes he is Jonathan. You are correct. Everyone knows that except for thehamham it would seem...
Old 01-23-2014, 03:49 PM   #135 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew8 View Post
Agree to disagree I guess
/thread
No kidding.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:08 PM   #136 (permalink)

Since this has been the top thread in hockey for what seems forever (please make it go away) I will give my opinion. I preface it by saying I'm from the MD area and despise all sports Pittsburgh and I especially can't stand Sidney Crosby. But I respect him as.....wait for it.........the best player in the NHL. Toews is great in his own right and to bring Lemieux(who I also despised) into the conversation is laughable. Lets see where Toews is in 5 years - then MAYBE he could be in a conversation with someone such as Messier.
If theham wants to base the arguement off the 2 Cups, well OK if you want to base it off just that. All these stats you bring up and then add what ifs to them mean very little, what if Sid were given more ice time as well or put into different situations? You sucked me in - good for you - I never in my lifetime would expect to defend a Penquins player, but I guess that shows you how much in the minority you are.
I pull scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:52 PM   #137 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Nick2317 Send a message via Yahoo to Nick2317

This thread deserves this anymore

Old 01-25-2014, 12:06 AM   #138 (permalink)

Quote:
Well, the Hawks have more points and five less losses. Indisputable evidence that the Hawks just donít lose.
i don't know... maybe you're a product of "common core," cause i'm not sure how Chicago's 21 losses are "five less" than Pittsburgh's 15 losses.

i know math is hard but seriously, spinning this one is just silly.

in the real, non delusional, world, the Pens have 4 more wins and 6 less losses than the Hawks. but hey, why let facts get in the way. after all, if you believe Toews is better than Crosby you might as well believe 21 is "five less" than 15.
ejs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:41 PM   #139 (permalink)

Since everyone else chimed in, I guess I will too......

Hard to compare these 2, totally different players. Crosby is more talented offensively, Toews is a far better 2 way player (see the save he made last night?). The fact that Toews is in the discussion at his age with Crosby, has to be considered (maybe this debate should take place in 2025). If I were the Pens, I would have a hard time trading Crosby for Toews. If I'm the 'Hawks, I would never trade Toews for Crosby and break up that core, just too much chemistry with Sharp and Hossa. Toews style is perfect for the team he is on, and the same for Crosby. Just so hard to compare in a sport that is so team oriented.

The only other thing I would say in Toew's behalf is the west is far superior to the east. More points to be had vs. east opponents.
Tylerg30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 03:22 PM   #140 (permalink)

Toews TOI for his country against Fin- 18:24

Sids- 16:23

Oh dear........... That's three games in a row Toews had more ice time then Sid.

Just for his country.....with the best players in the world.......(chuckles)
Old 02-17-2014, 12:27 AM   #141 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to pensfan87893

Oh my! I had no idea this debate was still rollin!
pensfan87893 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 12:36 AM   #142 (permalink)

Attachment 199230 Can I wear the A jonathan?

Last edited by pensfan87893; 03-30-2014 at 02:16 PM.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:18 AM   #143 (permalink)

Crosby has never been given a fair shake at showing the possibilities of his talent with all the massive, dirty injuries he has sustained in his career.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:08 AM   #144 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
Crosby has never been given a fair shake at showing the possibilities of his talent with all the massive, dirty injuries he has sustained in his career.
agreed!.....
Old 02-17-2014, 09:04 PM   #145 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pensfan87893 View Post
Oh my! I had no idea this debate was still rollin!

it isn't, there is no debate. Thetheham is just acting childish

Last edited by duwal; 02-17-2014 at 09:12 PM.
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:50 PM   #146 (permalink)

Toews racks up a golden goal to his resume while having more ice time per game then Sid.

Toews proves once again he is the best player in the game.

LOL!!!!
Old 02-23-2014, 02:04 PM   #147 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Nick2317 Send a message via Yahoo to Nick2317

don't feed the troll......

Last edited by Nick2317; 02-23-2014 at 02:19 PM.
Nick2317 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:19 PM   #148 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick2317 View Post
Your one of the most pathetic people on here dude
Old 02-23-2014, 02:21 PM   #149 (permalink)

Quote:
Toews racks up a golden goal to his resume while having more ice time per game then Sid.

Toews proves once again he is the best player in the game.

LOL!!!!
Yes a golden deflection. Toewsbag isn't even in the top 15 NHLers or the best player on his team.
bigbensbff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:26 PM   #150 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbensbff View Post
Yes a golden deflection. Toewsbag isn't even in the top 15 NHLers or the best player on his team.
Now now. Lets not get upset that Toews is the best player in the game.

I mean, if leading all forwards in total ice time for his country wasnt proof positive, and all....golden goal.......chuckles)