Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2014, 01:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
223
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 626
Default Paypal label question

Does anyone here use the Paypal shipping labels for sending cards outside the US? They're $1.93 for US to US mailing but wondered how much of a discount there is printing them through Ebay. Never done that before.
223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
hairysasquatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, Central NY
Posts: 2,824
Default

About $6.25 for 1st class 3oz. to Canada with d/c.
__________________
SAVE WRAPPER, CHEW CARDS, THROW AWAY GUM!
hairysasquatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
223
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 626
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairysasquatch View Post
About $6.25 for 1st class 3oz. to Canada with d/c.
I assume you still have to fill out the customs form?
223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
TASS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: RI
Posts: 4,608
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 223 View Post
I assume you still have to fill out the customs form?
It's attached to the label In the PayPal shipping system, so you have the declared/actual value on the label with the 'Customs Declaration', of which you are required to sign and date.

You also now get complete tracking information where it shows that it cleared customs and then ultimately that it was received!
__________________
solt0131 "I told you guys before the Pens as they are aren't as good as the Bruins and can't beat them."
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 02:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
MW Connection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,671
Default

Man Usps is bending people over at this point.
MW Connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 01:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Kraizd11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 58
Default

Yeah its very tough to sell decent cards to Canada and its unfortunate. I only collect hockey and it feels more Canadians buy hockey then Americans. Its a shame it costs so much to ship there and the Global shipping program just seems like a hassle to use to ship there as well
Kraizd11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 01:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
TASS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: RI
Posts: 4,608
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraizd11 View Post
Yeah its very tough to sell decent cards to Canada and its unfortunate. I only collect hockey and it feels more Canadians buy hockey then Americans. Its a shame it costs so much to ship there and the Global shipping program just seems like a hassle to use to ship there as well
Agreed and I typically sell cards that are $9.99 or greater in price so I don't mind absorbing $1.50 on average for shipping, as most if not all of my buyers are north of the border!!

As I said in an earlier post since I have made my Int. shipping fee $4.75, I have had no problem moving my auctions, when I was charging $6.50 I would have a lot of watchers but not much actual bidding!!
__________________
solt0131 "I told you guys before the Pens as they are aren't as good as the Bruins and can't beat them."
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Kraizd11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
Agreed and I typically sell cards that are $9.99 or greater in price so I don't mind absorbing $1.50 on average for shipping, as most if not all of my buyers are north of the border!!

As I said in an earlier post since I have made my Int. shipping fee $4.75, I have had no problem moving my auctions, when I was charging $6.50 I would have a lot of watchers but not much actual bidding!!
hhhmmm, maybe i will have to adopt this same practice and just bite some of the bullet on the shipping charges. i have the same problem with a lot of views and watchers but no one buying and i assume that most dont want to pay the 6.50 for shipping.
Kraizd11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
223
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 626
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraizd11 View Post
hhhmmm, maybe i will have to adopt this same practice and just bite some of the bullet on the shipping charges. i have the same problem with a lot of views and watchers but no one buying and i assume that most dont want to pay the 6.50 for shipping.
I don't really understand why people let this bother them. At this point most people know the shipping cost went up. If I want a card and am willing to pay $20 for it I don't care if it sells for $1 and the shipping is $19. What's the difference? I'm still paying $20 for the card.

I think it's more a mental thing with some people.
223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Kraizd11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 223 View Post
I don't really understand why people let this bother them. At this point most people know the shipping cost went up. If I want a card and am willing to pay $20 for it I don't care if it sells for $1 and the shipping is $19. What's the difference? I'm still paying $20 for the card.

I think it's more a mental thing with some people.
I agree, and i feel the same way. If i want the card, ill pay the shipping. If you are familiar with the shipping, its not like money is being made off the shipping. If you want the card shipped secured and not in a plain white envelope, its about the only way to do it.
Kraizd11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:35 AM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
discostu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 933
Default

Anyone use this consistently?

After getting burned twice a few years ago I have stopped allowing Canadian bidders, but it's tiresome when most of the hockey market is up there.

Roughly $6.50 USPS and DC?
discostu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Kraizd11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu View Post
Anyone use this consistently?

After getting burned twice a few years ago I have stopped allowing Canadian bidders, but it's tiresome when most of the hockey market is up there.

Roughly $6.50 USPS and DC?
How did you get burned??? I havent had any issues shipping to Canada so far, but have only been selling since October
Kraizd11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.