Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2014, 01:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Paypal label question

Does anyone here use the Paypal shipping labels for sending cards outside the US? They're $1.93 for US to US mailing but wondered how much of a discount there is printing them through Ebay. Never done that before.
223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

About $6.25 for 1st class 3oz. to Canada with d/c.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairysasquatch View Post
About $6.25 for 1st class 3oz. to Canada with d/c.
I assume you still have to fill out the customs form?
Old 03-19-2014, 07:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 223 View Post
I assume you still have to fill out the customs form?
It's attached to the label In the PayPal shipping system, so you have the declared/actual value on the label with the 'Customs Declaration', of which you are required to sign and date.

You also now get complete tracking information where it shows that it cleared customs and then ultimately that it was received!
Old 03-20-2014, 02:29 AM   #5 (permalink)

Man Usps is bending people over at this point.
MW Connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 01:39 PM   #6 (permalink)

Yeah its very tough to sell decent cards to Canada and its unfortunate. I only collect hockey and it feels more Canadians buy hockey then Americans. Its a shame it costs so much to ship there and the Global shipping program just seems like a hassle to use to ship there as well
Kraizd11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 01:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraizd11 View Post
Yeah its very tough to sell decent cards to Canada and its unfortunate. I only collect hockey and it feels more Canadians buy hockey then Americans. Its a shame it costs so much to ship there and the Global shipping program just seems like a hassle to use to ship there as well
Agreed and I typically sell cards that are $9.99 or greater in price so I don't mind absorbing $1.50 on average for shipping, as most if not all of my buyers are north of the border!!

As I said in an earlier post since I have made my Int. shipping fee $4.75, I have had no problem moving my auctions, when I was charging $6.50 I would have a lot of watchers but not much actual bidding!!
Old 03-23-2014, 12:19 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
Agreed and I typically sell cards that are $9.99 or greater in price so I don't mind absorbing $1.50 on average for shipping, as most if not all of my buyers are north of the border!!

As I said in an earlier post since I have made my Int. shipping fee $4.75, I have had no problem moving my auctions, when I was charging $6.50 I would have a lot of watchers but not much actual bidding!!
hhhmmm, maybe i will have to adopt this same practice and just bite some of the bullet on the shipping charges. i have the same problem with a lot of views and watchers but no one buying and i assume that most dont want to pay the 6.50 for shipping.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraizd11 View Post
hhhmmm, maybe i will have to adopt this same practice and just bite some of the bullet on the shipping charges. i have the same problem with a lot of views and watchers but no one buying and i assume that most dont want to pay the 6.50 for shipping.
I don't really understand why people let this bother them. At this point most people know the shipping cost went up. If I want a card and am willing to pay $20 for it I don't care if it sells for $1 and the shipping is $19. What's the difference? I'm still paying $20 for the card.

I think it's more a mental thing with some people.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:55 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 223 View Post
I don't really understand why people let this bother them. At this point most people know the shipping cost went up. If I want a card and am willing to pay $20 for it I don't care if it sells for $1 and the shipping is $19. What's the difference? I'm still paying $20 for the card.

I think it's more a mental thing with some people.
I agree, and i feel the same way. If i want the card, ill pay the shipping. If you are familiar with the shipping, its not like money is being made off the shipping. If you want the card shipped secured and not in a plain white envelope, its about the only way to do it.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:35 AM   #11 (permalink)

Anyone use this consistently?

After getting burned twice a few years ago I have stopped allowing Canadian bidders, but it's tiresome when most of the hockey market is up there.

Roughly $6.50 USPS and DC?
discostu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:39 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu View Post
Anyone use this consistently?

After getting burned twice a few years ago I have stopped allowing Canadian bidders, but it's tiresome when most of the hockey market is up there.

Roughly $6.50 USPS and DC?
How did you get burned??? I havent had any issues shipping to Canada so far, but have only been selling since October