Blowout Cards Forums
Start Your Reign of Domination Now with GetTheMachine.com!

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2014, 11:58 AM   #226 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eguthrie View Post
there's a reason or two why the bruins decided to trade jumbo joe and build around bergeron instead He's good at racking up the points but he definitely doesn't appear from the outside to be a good leader
It's amazing how many high-scoring players they've traded over the years (Thornton, Kessel, Seguin) and how they've gotten better while doing it. Chiarelli is an incredible GM.

I'm almost as pumped up for Habs-Broons as I am for Rags-Pens.
rippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:48 PM   #227 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincecumPC View Post
I don't sit here and pretend I know hockey like an expert, but am I wrong to say that both Thornton and Marleau always seem to even keel and don't try to motivate others? I just never see the urgency in these guys, and with their track record, you would think they would be more frantic.
Indeed. Thornton and Marleau, as the best players and leaders of the team, have become so comfortable in their time here that it has contributed to the entire organization's culture and mentality of complacency. The front office and the fan base have become disillusioned with the "success" of merely making the playoffs every year.

The Sharks need a serious, fundamental change - a big shake up of the roster. Especially the defense. This core has been together long enough, and it hasn't worked time and again.

I do put this atrocity more on the players than I do on the coaches or front office. The problem is that due to NMCs and NTCs, Thornton and Marleau likely aren't going anywhere. McLellan is almost assuredly gone in my opinion, and Wilson should be a candidate as well.
jeg2315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 12:37 AM   #228 (permalink)

Kane is god-like
Old 05-11-2014, 12:13 AM   #229 (permalink)

Have to give credit to Bruce Boudreau tonight in making the 'ballsy' call to start the rookie John Gibson in goal, he is rewarded by the kid with a shutout!!

Home ice has not meant much in this series, a big win for the Ducks and they may have found their goalie for the remainder of this series.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:23 AM   #230 (permalink)

The battle for SoCal has been a great one so far. I'm really surprised that each team has been able to go into the other team's house and win both away games so far.
ilovethelakings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 05:55 PM   #231 (permalink)

Jones for LA, Gibson for the Ducks. To quote The Who, "The kids are all right". Good stuff going on here!