Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2014, 01:32 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Rangers Penguins Playoff Series Thread

Well the Rangers defeat the Flyers in game 7 as I predicted, so now I'm here to start this thread and say that the Rangers will win in 6 Games against the Penguins. Hope we have some good games to watch. The main question for me is Can the Rangers keep Crosby and Malkin off the board? In order for the Rangers to win they must stay out of the box IMO. 5 on 5 we should be able to keep up if not out skate the Pens. Really like the new Rangers play style, lots of speed.

Looking foward to all the wonderful arguments soon to come

LETS GO RANGERS
RBKSNIPZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:13 AM   #2 (permalink)

I'm glad the Rangers advanced, it should make for a good series.

Pens in 5.

Malkin finally got it going. It took him until the final game of the Columbus series but he looks ready.

Beating Columbus, as ugly as it was, should give Fleury a bit of a boost.

Crosby has played well but quiet. He's due for a big game or 2, or 3....

Looks like Sutter and Vitale are skating. Not sure about Orpik. Good news to as they're about as healthy as they've been all season.

Let's Go Pens!

ejs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:16 AM   #3 (permalink)

Predicting the Rangers in 6.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:45 AM   #4 (permalink)

Do we really need a second thread to discuss this? There is already a discussion thread on all things Penguins.

Blowout's biggest Cardinals fan
SeanieTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:06 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanieTheMan View Post
Do we really need a second thread to discuss this? There is already a discussion thread on all things Penguins.
Having a separate series thread will hopefully keep the Rags fans out of our thread lol.

I have no idea how this series will play out, or how any series involving the Pens will play out, since you never know what Pens team is going to show up. I predicted Pens in 6 so I'll stick to that, but I think your best bet in predicting this series is to ask the magic 8-ball.
rippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:05 AM   #6 (permalink)

I forgot to add this - The Pens better jump on the Rags and win the first two games or they're in trouble. The NHL really d!cked the Rags on this one - 3 games in the last 4 days and after Sunday's game it will be 5 games in 8 days. I usually just tune it out when people whine about the officiating favoring one team or the other (the officiating in the playoffs has just been bad overall but it hasn't favored one team over another), but even though this isn't about officiating the league really did itself no favors with this setup and opened itself up to a lot of legitimate criticism.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:26 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippit View Post
I forgot to add this - The Pens better jump on the Rags and win the first two games or they're in trouble. The NHL really d!cked the Rags on this one - 3 games in the last 4 days and after Sunday's game it will be 5 games in 8 days. I usually just tune it out when people whine about the officiating favoring one team or the other (the officiating in the playoffs has just been bad overall but it hasn't favored one team over another), but even though this isn't about officiating the league really did itself no favors with this setup and opened itself up to a lot of legitimate criticism.
I'm not sure this is any different then any other year...

You finish your series in four or five games and you are rewarded with time off to wait for the other series' to end.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong but this is how it always has been. One round has to end before the next can begin.
BostonNut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:33 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post

You finish your series in four or five games and you are rewarded with time off to wait for the other series' to end.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong but this is how it always has been. One round has to end before the next can begin.
Teams never used to play 3 games in 4 nights in the playoffs until the past few years - the games were generally every other night. I understand the reward for closing out the series early, but playing games 6 and 7 on back-to-back nights and then opening the next series after one day of rest is brutal. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining - I'm a Pens fan. But that's a rough stretch even in the regular season, let alone in the playoffs.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

The scheduling of the next round for Pens/Rangers is way off. All other series have a two day break somewhere in the schedule and the Rangers first home game is the second game of back-to-back games (only back-to-back games this round).
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:09 AM   #10 (permalink)

The reason they couldn't start Saturday is because the Pittsburgh Power have an arena football game at Consol. Plus they wanted to make the Sunday game an afternoon game but the Pittsburgh Marathon will be going on and also the Pirates have a home game at 1:35. If you had the Marathon, Pirates and Penguins all going on at the same time, no one would get to the games since every street will be shut down.

Im saying Pens in 6. It will not be an easy series for either team. As much as I wanted to see the Flyers win, I'm glad the Rangers pulled it out. Growing up the Rangers were a great team in the 90's and seeing these two play in playoff games in those years bring back memories. I just hope for a great series and no major injuries.
crabbygraphs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:13 AM   #11 (permalink)

Ranger fans: Be sure to thank Jayson Megna for getting you into the second round.

Mostly kidding....

Go Rangers!
brewcrew8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:17 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinkwraith View Post
The scheduling of the next round for Pens/Rangers is way off. All other series have a two day break somewhere in the schedule and the Rangers first home game is the second game of back-to-back games (only back-to-back games this round).
I just realized that one I took a second look at the schedule. That's even worse - the Rags will be playing 5 games in 7 days! Wow, two back-to-back situations in a week. B-R-U-T-A-L!!!
Old 05-01-2014, 05:08 PM   #13 (permalink)

Im going to go head and say the Rangers in 7.

I think it will be a close series just like the regular season was. The Rangers Depth will be a big asset to them. If Nash get's to finally putting the puck in the net that will be a huge asset also.

The Rangers also need to keep Crosby and Malkin contained. At least 1 of them if both start going off the Rangers may be in trouble. All and All it will be a fun series and I can't wait til tomorrow
Old 05-01-2014, 05:12 PM   #14 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to pensfan87893

I am thinking Penguins in 5...GO PENS!!!!
Old 05-01-2014, 06:33 PM   #15 (permalink)

Already went on a pointless, self-indulgent prediction in the Pens thread, so I won't chat much here. Picked Pens in 7 in my official ballot. Stickin' to it.
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:36 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippit View Post
It's tough to remember each playoff, but I think it's been like this for the past couple, if I recall correctly.

Quote:

You're probably right. And with the Habs/Broons starting tonight, and the arena game in Pittsburgh Saturday, a Friday game was probably the best option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinkwraith View Post
Yes, very strange. If either team finishes this off early, they'll have lot's of down time till the conference finals, should the other series go to 7.
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:09 AM   #17 (permalink)

Just got offered tickets for tonight. Hopefully I can clear up my schedule and make it down there.
crabbygraphs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:44 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbygraphs View Post
Just got offered tickets for tonight. Hopefully I can clear up my schedule and make it down there.
Dont do it, Rangers are taking game 1
Old 05-02-2014, 07:21 PM   #19 (permalink)

Big first goal there
Old 05-02-2014, 07:25 PM   #20 (permalink)

Thank you Fluery!
Old 05-02-2014, 07:29 PM   #21 (permalink)

Last game same thing happened to pouliot but we got the penalty...
Old 05-02-2014, 07:44 PM   #22 (permalink)

Birthday boy scores, thanks refs !!
Old 05-02-2014, 08:10 PM   #23 (permalink)

solid first period
Old 05-02-2014, 08:16 PM   #24 (permalink)

Taking to many penalties.

Dumb play by Marty
Old 05-02-2014, 08:33 PM   #25 (permalink)

So a player can smack a goalies glove down?