Blowout Cards Forums
MEM MADNESS

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2014, 11:19 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourmyboyblue2 View Post
I agree with you on Price. Not so much on Rask. There is a reason he is the front runner & likely winner of the Vezina award. Marginal? Best save %, most shutouts, 3rd? I believe in GAA. Do you watch the same games as the rest of us?
It's the team in front of him period. Teams do not get any shots to begin with, when they do they are clearly viewed by the tender. Our backup goalie was less than stellar but posted a career year. Why? Because our defence understood if the goalie sees the puck he saves it. Have a look at Chad Johnson's stats, I guess he deserves runner up, lol.

Shots atm- Bos 51, Mtl 31.

Anyway, this is blowout, couch quarterbacks know better than those that actually play and coach.

Last edited by Major_League; 05-01-2014 at 11:26 PM.
Major_League is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:27 PM   #27 (permalink)

WINNER!!!!!
Old 05-01-2014, 11:27 PM   #28 (permalink)

Didn't know this series started, turned the game on thirty seconds ago...good timing. Perfect opportunity for Subban to win it there, and he took advantage of it.
lambeauleap87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:29 PM   #29 (permalink)

Woooooooooooooooooooo
RBKSNIPZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:31 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_League View Post
It's the team in front of him period. Teams do not get any shots to begin with, when they do they are clearly viewed by the tender. Our backup goalie was less than stellar but posted a career year. Why? Because our defence understood if the goalie sees the puck he saves it. Have a look at Chad Johnson's stats, I guess he deserves runner up, lol.

Anyway, this is blowout, couch quarterbacks know better than those that actually play and coach.
The team in front of him? In what aspect? Blocked shots? Not even top 10. Shots against? He has the 8th most shots against. Clear lanes to shoot? That's the opposite of what you want. Blowout coaching? You have no idea about my hockey experience. You must coach pee wee, bantam if you're lucky.
yourmyboyblue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:31 PM   #31 (permalink)

That was one of the best games you will ever see by a goalie.
Price was amazing.
Oilers1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:33 PM   #32 (permalink)

Great game Canadiens! Solid win. Phenomenal goaltending by Price!
Old 05-01-2014, 11:39 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
The team in front of him? In what aspect? Blocked shots? Not even top 10. Shots against? He has the 8th most shots against. Clear lanes to shoot? That's the opposite of what you want. Blowout coaching? You have no idea about my hockey experience. You must coach pee wee, bantam if you're lucky.
Ya, Rask looked good with all that traffic. Much better he doesn't see it. I'll admit I should have written "quality shots" in my post. Should have known you would run to bruins.com to grab shots against stats.

How's Junior doing in tyke coach? Does Johnson win MVP?

Last edited by Major_League; 05-01-2014 at 11:44 PM.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:43 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_League View Post
How's Junior doing in tyke coach? Does Johnson win MVP?
I get it, youre a Bruins hater.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:09 AM   #35 (permalink)

What's up with Krejci tonight man he played like he was sniffing too much Almers glue. Just bizarro.
ZappBrannigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:42 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZappBrannigan View Post
What's up with Krejci tonight man he played like he was sniffing too much Almers glue. Just bizarro.
Yea he really should have ended this game in the 1st OT, but it was not to be.

I agree Price played great but the Bruins did themselves no favors by not finishing a few plays that they should have, also not the best game for Rask as he let a few in last night that he typically gets.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:44 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
I get it, youre a Bruins hater.
He's from north of the border and would not expect him to be backing the Bruins.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:43 AM   #38 (permalink)
Banned

Bruins missed way too many opportunities to bury the puck. Saw the Iginla misses in the second period (and laughed my a$$ off at the TV commentary saying Price's quickness intimidated him to shoot wide) and those just have to be put in the net in the playoffs.

Not going to point out any individual calls made or missed, but once again noticing that Bruins first power play opportunity came after half the game was over, hate that in any hockey game.

I expect the Bruins to lose 1-2 more games, but if they keep getting 50 shots on goal and making Canadiens block 30 shots per game, the Canadien D won't have any legs left after game 3.
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:17 AM   #39 (permalink)

Canadiens in 6 in this series. Canadiens are the hot team in the NHL right now and will ride the wave all the way to the Stanley Cup.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:13 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinkwraith View Post
Not going to point out any individual calls made or missed, but once again noticing that Bruins first power play opportunity came after half the game was over, hate that in any hockey game.
I think the lack of Bruins' powerplay chances early in the game had less to do with questionable officiating than it did with the Canadiens playing a disciplined style. It seemed to me that they did their best all night to avoid going to the box, because they know how dangerous the Bruins can be.

The Bruins still had that game in their grasp, if they'd been able to finish their opportunities. If Montreal wants to steal another one in Boston, they need to put forth a better effort next time out.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:26 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
I think the lack of Bruins' powerplay chances early in the game had less to do with questionable officiating than it did with the Canadiens playing a disciplined style. It seemed to me that they did their best all night to avoid going to the box, because they know how dangerous the Bruins can be.

The Bruins still had that game in their grasp, if they'd been able to finish their opportunities. If Montreal wants to steal another one in Boston, they need to put forth a better effort next time out.
I agree that the Canadians were smart and avoided any 'questionable' calls from the get-go, and the Bruins had some breakdowns and took penalties that ultimately led to their demise.

Very interesting comments from Tuukka after this one where he said about his play "When you suck, you suck" t's what you would expect to hear from a guy who typically does not let some of those goals in, the B's have been here before and know what they need to do!
Old 05-02-2014, 10:45 AM   #42 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post

Agreed but to me "disciplined" is more you only took 1-2 penalties that period not 3-4. Anyone who's been on the ice knows that at any time there is something going on (hold of the stick there, interference there, slash everywhere etc.) that is in the judgment of the ref to call. I am much more a person who would rather see both teams use their PP and PK in a given period rather than a referee "see a perfect period". And I fully realize the Bruins do not try to draw penalties and stay on their feet (also the type of hockey I want to watch) which minimizes their PP chances.
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:05 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinkwraith View Post
Agreed but to me "disciplined" is more you only took 1-2 penalties that period not 3-4. Anyone who's been on the ice knows that at any time there is something going on (hold of the stick there, interference there, slash everywhere etc.) that is in the judgment of the ref to call. I am much more a person who would rather see both teams use their PP and PK in a given period rather than a referee "see a perfect period". And I fully realize the Bruins do not try to draw penalties and stay on their feet (also the type of hockey I want to watch) which minimizes their PP chances.
Yeah, I see what you're saying. There could have been more PP chances on bot sides, for sure. Like you, I would also rather see some calls made - assuming they're justified and not ticky-tacky calls - because special teams are a huge part of a game, and not making any calls can be a disservice to the game. Interesting comment about the Bruins staying on their feet. They're definitely not divers, and I sometimes think their physical strength works against them because they're tough to knock down.

As a fan of a Western Conference team, I'd think that every team in that conference is cheering for Montreal because Boston is not a fun Final matchup.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:07 AM   #44 (permalink)

Bruins just need to stay out of penalties and do a better job when they have opportunities. Plenty of chances for the Bruins.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:38 PM   #45 (permalink)

Very nice racist tweets at Subban after the game winner - same treatment Joel Ward got a few years ago. Stay classy Boston fans!
rippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:07 PM   #46 (permalink)

The people who tweet that sh&$ are not bruins fans....dont get me wrong i despise subban for the way he plays (whiny SOB) but lets just say way too many bandwagoners on twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippit View Post
Very nice racist tweets at Subban after the game winner - same treatment Joel Ward got a few years ago. Stay classy Boston fans!
eguthrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:16 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eguthrie View Post
The people who tweet that sh&$ are not bruins fans....dont get me wrong i despise subban for the way he plays (whiny SOB) but lets just say way too many bandwagoners on twitter
17,000 of them apparently:

P.K. Subban targeted by racist tweets after Habs win - Montreal - CBC News
Old 05-02-2014, 01:24 PM   #48 (permalink)

" although not all of them were negative"

interesting to see but like I said....been to plenty of games and never heard anything like this....then again people tend to say some pretty crazy #ish online that they would never say in person...

Down with Twitter?
eguthrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:25 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippit View Post
Yeah because Penguin fans have never done that.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:30 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
Yeah because Penguin fans have never done that.
Go ahead and post a link to an article showing where Pens fans have done that. Let alone where they've done it twice.