Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2014, 09:09 AM   #151 (permalink)

Both sides looked idiotic: excessive celebration when down by 2, and then the water spray.

Of course, you'll never get a fan of either team to admit that.
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 09:28 AM   #152 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncm7772 View Post
Both sides looked idiotic: excessive celebration when down by 2, and then the water spray.

Of course, you'll never get a fan of either team to admit that.
Instead we get the endless parade of Penguins fans preaching what it is to be the perfect hockey fan and how to cheer for the most perfect, God-blessed hockey team to ever grace the land.

Of course, you'll never get a Penguins fan to admit they do that in nearly every thread not involving their team.

Anyway, oh how I wish Thornton, Lucic, and Marchand would just grow the hell up and just go out and PLAY! I can't stand that they feel they have to do this crap. It's embarrassing, childish, and not needed. If they would just go out and use their talent they could have so much more impact on the game!

And where is the outrage for Gallagher? He went from being unconscious on the ice to wildly celebrating in a matter of five seconds. That was odd to say the least!
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 09:52 AM   #153 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Instead we get the endless parade of Penguins fans preaching what it is to be the perfect hockey fan and how to cheer for the most perfect, God-blessed hockey team to ever grace the land.

Of course, you'll never get a Penguins fan to admit they do that in nearly every thread not involving their team.

Anyway, oh how I wish Thornton, Lucic, and Marchand would just grow the hell up and just go out and PLAY! I can't stand that they feel they have to do this crap. It's embarrassing, childish, and not needed. If they would just go out and use their talent they could have so much more impact on the game!

And where is the outrage for Gallagher? He went from being unconscious on the ice to wildly celebrating in a matter of five seconds. That was odd to say the least!
Being from Mass originally I find it counterintuitive to root for any team from New York.

With that being said I REALLY hope the Rangers crush the Pens tonight.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:28 AM   #154 (permalink)
Banned

Tyler Who?

I think I like having Reilly and Louie on their lines?
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:57 AM   #155 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejs23 View Post
watch the replay, not hard to see. then again it was just a few games ago a Boston fan hit Subban in the head with a water bottle... so no surprise. i'm sure it's pure coincidence that all the tweets, thrown bottles and sprayed water are targeting the black guy. maybe the Bruins will put out another statement telling us how not-racist they are.
Maybe if you actually watched some games you'd know why people don't like Subban. And it's not because of race. It's because he's a diver, embellisher (see the penalty last night he dove on), taunts the bench down 4-1 (yet never answers the bell to fight) and showboats on a 6 on 4 goal down 4-2. Guy is a punk. BTW, that statement you made is absolutely ridiculous. Ever seen the photos of the Habs fans in blackface? Google it.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:26 AM   #156 (permalink)

Quote:

The bottom line it PAINS these guys to see the Bruins play a solid game, especially when they can't post in the thread that so and so made the B's their weak a$$ beeyotch

I guess until they can acknowledge that Crosby continues to do his typical 'stick work' after every whistle and proceeds to 'scoot' to his bench we will all just have to disagree!

One can only hope that the actions of Thornton can get to the Canadians as well as it has to some of these Pens fans LOL but I'm sure their just a wee bit smarter

This is #@#@#@#@ing playoff hockey and with the intensity comes #@#@#@#@ most teams have grown used to I don't see anything in this series that is not occurring in others, just some fan bases not willing to admit it!

Last edited by TASS; 05-11-2014 at 11:41 AM.
TASS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 12:37 PM   #157 (permalink)

what we've learned here is that Boston fans will defend their team, players and fan base no matter how bad their actions.

i'm certain that if the Bruins decided to burn a cross at center ice after their next game these fans would make excuses for it.... "they were just trying to keep warm".... "Crosby blah blah blah...."

Thornton has the mentality of an immature high school thug. next to him, guys like Neal and Cooke are contenders for the Lady Byng. hell, he makes McSorely look like a good sport. so the league will give him a token fine as the Bruins and their fans continue to embarrass the NHL with their antics.

Thornton fined after squirting water on Subban
ejs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 01:16 PM   #158 (permalink)

All we've learned is that pens fans seem to be just like their players....they talk the talk but when you call them out they turn tail and hide in a corner...thornton did a silly thing, but its hardly the first time a hockey player has done something to mess with another, again no comment about perry watering carters glove, does that make perry worse than neal and cooke?

Seperate note: completely agree with the guy above who talked about the way subban plays...hes not hated in boston because of his race...its the way he dives and showboats while his team loses....

Quote:
what we've learned here is that Boston fans will defend their team, players and fan base no matter how bad their actions.

i'm certain that if the Bruins decided to burn a cross at center ice after their next game these fans would make excuses for it.... "they were just trying to keep warm".... "Crosby blah blah blah...."

Thornton has the mentality of an immature high school thug. next to him, guys like Neal and Cooke are contenders for the Lady Byng. hell, he makes McSorely look like a good sport. so the league will give him a token fine as the Bruins and their fans continue to embarrass the NHL with their antics.

eguthrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 01:37 PM   #159 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
Thornton was a riot pretty #@#@#@#@ing funny...
really, that was funny? i guess poor sportsmanship and d-bag moves are hilarious when that's what defines your team.

Quote:
...had nothing to do with the outcome of the game and that's pretty much what Subban said...
maybe Subban was being gracious and showing some class. as the league tries to legitimize itself as a top tier sport in the US it needs guys like Subban to counter thugs like Thornton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdrewrj View Post
Maybe they as an organization don't need to. Maybe what happened (if it happened)...
if it happened? so, it's on video and the league has fined him for it.... but you're still not willing to admit it happened? LOL
Old 05-11-2014, 01:49 PM   #160 (permalink)

Corey Perry filled Jeff Carter's glove with water during a break in one of the earlier games in the Kings/Ducks series, and no one said a word here...
lambeauleap87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 01:55 PM   #161 (permalink)

Quote:

Quote:

Can you not read? Or do you just like to argue incessantly? Where did I defend those players "no matter what?"

Your comment about the Bruins burning a cross and nobody caring is completely over the line and one of the most hateful, racist things I have ever heard on a message board. My friend, you appear to have serious issues in that you cannot separate real life from sports. If I were a Penguins fan I would be utterly ashamed and embarrassed by your posts...
Old 05-11-2014, 02:09 PM   #162 (permalink)

A few things:

1) I'm cheering for Montreal, but Habs fans need to get over the Thornton water squirt. It wasn't the classiest move, but that type of silliness happens all the time. No different than knocking a guy's stick out while he is away from the play, which happens all the time even in men's rec leagues.

2) Some Pens fans do seem to fill the need to weigh in on these events while turning a blind eye to their own team's transgressions.

3) A Bruins-Pens series would make for some fun threads here.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 02:11 PM   #163 (permalink)

ejs23]really, that was funny? i guess poor sportsmanship and d-bag moves are hilarious when that's what defines your team.

Typically I would not waste my time with someone who has no bearing on my life and quite frankly has some issues in dealing with reality but since you ask here is how I see it.

We all have our opinions and for the most part they are reasonable regardless of weather you agree or don't, now take the time to read your last few posts not only are they confusing but I must say there an embarrassment to yourself and all Pens fans in general.

You should be aware that your obvious hatred for Boston fans and Shawn Thornton is in all actuality a form of racism, to label a guy a scumbag for 'squirting' a water bottle at an equally antagonistic player and then attempting to call it a racist action is quite concerning and appears to come from some underlying issues that I don't care to get into. SMH

If I found Thornton's childish behavior 'comical' does not mean I defend said actions and believe the leagues fine is warranted as it was just that childish and foolish, but what really concerns me is if you truly believe what you say, if so I suggest you seek counseling, secondly PLEASE don't ever consider yourself the voice of reason for the sport of Hockey as your previous post's would put this sport back over a decade!
Old 05-11-2014, 02:17 PM   #164 (permalink)

Quote:
Your comment about the Bruins burning a cross and nobody caring is completely over the line and one of the most hateful, racist things I have ever heard on a message board.
LOL, you must be joking. nice try though... defend racism by trying to make others sound racist.

BOSTON FANS attacked Subban as a "n*****r" on twitter after he scored a winning goal.

a BOSTON FAN hit Subban in the head with a water bottle.

a BOSTON PLAYER squirted water from the bench on Subban while he was on the ice playing.

BOSTON FANS used racial slurs against Joel Ward when he scored a game winning goal against them a few years ago.

BOSTON FANS broke into Bill Russell's home, trashed his trophy case, spray painted racist graffiti on his walls and took a dump in his bed.

the BOSTON RED SOX were the last team in baseball to integrate.

THESE THINGS are over the line. THESE THINGS are racist.

Quote:
My friend, you appear to have serious issues in that you cannot separate real life from sports. If I were a Penguins fan I would be utterly ashamed and embarrassed by your posts...
when people feel the need to slur an athlete by calling him a "n****r" that is real life. maybe Boston fans need to realize that. you don't get a pass on your racism because it's tied to a sporting event.

keep making excuses though... it's what racists do.
Old 05-11-2014, 02:19 PM   #165 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
A few things:

1) I'm cheering for Montreal, but Habs fans need to get over the Thornton water squirt. It wasn't the classiest move, but that type of silliness happens all the time. No different than knocking a guy's stick out while he is away from the play, which happens all the time even in men's rec leagues.

2) Some Pens fans do seem to fill the need to weigh in on these events while turning a blind eye to their own team's transgressions.

3) A Bruins-Pens series would make for some fun threads here.
Craig it's refreshing to read a post from someone who is for the most part neutral, and has voiced his opinion from the outside looking in!
Old 05-11-2014, 02:25 PM   #166 (permalink)

Quote:
You should be aware that your obvious hatred for Boston fans and Shawn Thornton is in all actuality a form of racism...
so, calling Subban and Ward "n****rs" is not racist, or can at least be excused... but calling a Thornton a scumbag is racist?

LOL. some boston fans are wallowing so deep in their own bs that they've completely jumped the shark.
Old 05-11-2014, 02:30 PM   #167 (permalink)

Quote:
when people feel the need to slur an athlete by calling him a "n****r" that is real life. maybe Boston fans need to realize that. you don't get a pass on your racism because it's tied to a sporting event.

Are you SERIOUSLY calling me racist?
Old 05-11-2014, 02:31 PM   #168 (permalink)

Quote:
LOL, you must be joking. nice try though... defend racism by trying to make others sound racist.

BOSTON FANS attacked Subban as a "n*****r" on twitter after he scored a winning goal.

a BOSTON FAN hit Subban in the head with a water bottle.

a BOSTON PLAYER squirted water from the bench on Subban while he was on the ice playing.

BOSTON FANS used racial slurs against Joel Ward when he scored a game winning goal against them a few years ago.

BOSTON FANS broke into Bill Russell's home, trashed his trophy case, spray painted racist graffiti on his walls and took a dump in his bed.

the BOSTON RED SOX were the last team in baseball to integrate.

THESE THINGS are over the line. THESE THINGS are racist.

The Most Racist City In America: Pittsburgh?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highsc...131740578.html

Racial History of American Swimming Pools : NPR

Mountain Dew releases arguably the most racist commercial in history | New Pittsburgh Courier

Here is the 1st few articles that popped up searching 'Pittsburgh racism history'
Labeled the most racist city in America & most segregated. Spew your race baiting elsewhere. Squirting water isn't racist. What the twitter idiots did isn't as bad as your banana suit fans
yourmyboyblue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 02:39 PM   #169 (permalink)

Quote:
so, calling Subban and Ward "n****rs" is not racist, or can at least be excused... but calling a Thornton a scumbag is racist?

LOL. some boston fans are wallowing so deep in their own bs that they've completely jumped the shark.
Kid your crossing the line, I nor anyone I associate with or other B's fans in this thread have used the N word when referring to Subban, knock the #@#@#@#@ off NOW your comments are not appreciated and quite frankly are getting old!

I also don't find any of this #@#@#@#@ your spewing funny so keep the LOL to yourself, I don't know who the #@#@#@#@ you think you are but I'm only going to say this once stay clear of me, I don't wish to go down your road any further so I suggest you keep to yourself when it pertains to me, trust me I'll do the same!

You have a nice day now.
Old 05-11-2014, 02:57 PM   #170 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourmyboyblue2 View Post
Here is the 1st few articles that popped up searching 'Pittsburgh racism history'
Labeled the most racist city in America & most segregated. Spew your race baiting elsewhere. Squirting water isn't racist. What the twitter idiots did isn't as bad as your banana suit fans
you really need to do better "research." as for the Gawker article, they did a series on every city... including Boston. The Most Racist City In America: Boston?

of course you missed that when Gawker decided on the top 5 racist cities in America... Boston was #2 on the list. Pittsburgh was NOT on the list. ouch. The Search for the Most Racist City in America

the mountain dew commercial? has nothing to do with Pittsburgh, other than it was being reported in a Pittsburgh newspaper.

public swimming pools in the 20's and 30's weren't fully integrated? shocker. the article wasn't about Pittsburgh, though it was used as one example. i'm happy to condemn that sort of racism.

racial slurs at a high school basketball game? horrible. i'll readily condemn that racism as well. see how that works? when you aren't a racist you condemn it, you don't defend it because it's from your own city.

Quote:
Kid your crossing the line... knock the #@#@#@#@ off NOW your comments are not appreciated and quite frankly are getting old!

I also don't find any of this #@#@#@#@ your spewing funny so keep the LOL to yourself, I don't know who the #@#@#@#@ you think you are but I'm only going to say this once stay clear of me, I don't wish to go down your road any further so I suggest you keep to yourself when it pertains to me, trust me I'll do the same!
stop with the holier than thou, internet tough guy routine. you personally attacked me, instead of the issue being discussed, and are angry that i responded.

i questioned Thornton's poor sportsmanship, and probably racism, as being funny? and you turned it into an attack on me. you started down that road.

i'm happy to keep to myself when you can do the same. but keep your threats to yourself. i'm not impressed.
Old 05-11-2014, 03:01 PM   #171 (permalink)

and now that the internet threats and tough guy stuff has started, i'll take a break. just not impressed with that kind of obnoxious behavior.

if Boston can move on, and that's a big if, i look forward to the next thread.
Old 05-11-2014, 03:08 PM   #172 (permalink)

Quote:
you really need to do better "research." as for the Gawker article, they did a series on every city... including Boston. The Most Racist City In America: Boston?

of course you missed that when Gawker decided on the top 5 racist cities in America... Boston was #2 on the list. Pittsburgh was NOT on the list. ouch. The Search for the Most Racist City in America

the mountain dew commercial? has nothing to do with Pittsburgh, other than it was being reported in a Pittsburgh newspaper.

public swimming pools in the 20's and 30's weren't fully integrated? shocker. the article wasn't about Pittsburgh, though it was used as one example. i'm happy to condemn that sort of racism.

racial slurs at a high school basketball game? horrible. i'll readily condemn that racism as well. see how that works? when you aren't a racist you condemn it, you don't defend it because it's from your own city.

stop with the holier than thou, internet tough guy routine. you personally attacked me, instead of the issue being discussed, and are angry that i responded.

i questioned Thornton's poor sportsmanship, and probably racism, as being funny? and you turned it into an attack on me. you started down that road.

i'm happy to keep to myself when you can do the same. but keep your threats to yourself. i'm not impressed.

Hahahah, well, so racism in your city is ok because it was just high school kids & you condemn it? Racism in Pitt in the 20's & 30's is different than your Red Sox history comment? Keep trying to spin your argument all you want.(oh, and i never called it 'research'. I flat out said it was the first few results from that search)

Race baiting is just as bad as racism, get over yourself. Spraying water on someone doesnt make you racist. What your fans say doesnt make you racist. This is hockey, a Bruins/Canadiens matchup thread, keep your racism to yourself and stick to hockey!
Old 05-11-2014, 03:13 PM   #173 (permalink)

Quote:
and now that the internet threats and tough guy stuff has started, i'll take a break. just not impressed with that kind of obnoxious behavior.

if Boston can move on, and that's a big if, i look forward to the next thread.
Ya, Im sure WHEN they move on, you'll be in here or the next thread talking racism & how thats why they won. As for indirectly calling me & others on here racist, you may want to learn a little more about us & our families before you talk that crap.
Old 05-11-2014, 03:22 PM   #174 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Who knew penguins and cardinals fans were the same people.

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 04:15 PM   #175 (permalink)

Jonathan Toews is way better at being racist than Sidney Crosby is.
amdrewrj is offline   Reply With Quote