Blowout Cards Forums
Draft Kings NBA

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2015, 09:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default National Treasures - All Star Treasures

I hit the Toews /2 and the Yzerman /10 in a group break.... so I thought I'd make a run at this set, which wasn't going to be easy considering the low numbered cards.

I was able to pick up the Tavares 1/1 and the Lundqvist /3.

I've only seen one each of the Hull /8 and Ovechkin /4.

I haven't seen any of the Datsyuk /3 or Brodeur /9.

The real problem is I missed the Crosby 1/1. That may be the closest I've ever come to crying over a card. it was on ebay for a 3 day auction closing on a Sunday night. I checked often but it slipped by me.... I saw it the day after it sold. Ridiculously cheap too... I think it was just over $250. I reached out to the seller, asking him to connect me to the buyer, but he ignored me. My only hope is that once redeemed the Seller tries to flip it. But I expect it's gone forever.

Anyway.... if you have or know where the Crosby is, I'd love a shot at it. Same for the Hull, Ovehckin, Datsyuk and Brodeur... though without the Crosby I'll probably just give up and sell what I have.

thanks very much!

ejs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 10:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

wow beautiful...
Old 02-28-2015, 10:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

Absolutely stunning, man. That is a gorgeous set. Hope you can finish it.

Bummer to hear about the Crosby. $250 is a big chunk of change to spend on a piece of cardboard, but considering what I've seen his 1/1's sell for, that's not bad at all.

There are 2 Barrasso's that I was legitimately mad at myself for missing. They were both BIN/BO, and I sent low offers on both. Not a lowball or insulting offer, but one that I honestly thought I'd be lucky at. Of course, the offers were denied and both were sold to someone else. One of them had a high BIN which I refused to pay, but in retrospect the other had one that I would gladly pay now. But hey, when you collect guys who's cards sell for big $, it happens!
#1 Collection : Barrasso
Other : Lemieux, Ron Hextall

Last edited by ncm7772; 02-28-2015 at 10:42 PM.
ncm7772 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 11:00 PM   #4 (permalink)

Dude, I've figured out your angle. Stop using the football forum as your personal source of entertainment. Clearly, you're one of us Panini supporters (or, as you love to call us over in the football section, "FANBOYS").

Obviously, whatever you state in the football forum isn't how you truly feel about Panini. You just like going in there and swatting the ol' wasp's nest, huh?

I mean, seriously, 90% of what you post in football:
Panini are still using FAKE patches - in Immaculate!
Panini redemption replacement and solidifying why I do and will buy their products
2014 NT football! wow

BTW, I don't collect hockey, but those are some incredible beauties you have there! I wish I could give you a lead on that Crosby - I can relate to the pain of missing out on a 1/1 for a set. Best of luck finding the Crosby and finishing your set!
crac0018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 11:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crac0018 View Post
Dude, I've figured out your angle. Stop using the football forum as your personal source of entertainment. Clearly, you're one of us Panini supporters (or, as you love to call us over in the football section, "FANBOYS").
you did figure it out... at least half the reason I jump in those threads is for the entertainment. LOL

Quote:
Obviously, whatever you state in the football forum isn't how you truly feel about Panini. You just like going in there and swatting the ol' wasp's nest, huh?
Honestly though, I really do hate Panini. My experience with their customer service and their redemption process is what did it for me. I think they're rewards program is a joke. I think all the stickers and parallels suck. I'm suspicious that they don't pack out all the big hits (see, the Eisenhower cut auto /4 in Heroes & Legends). And the "mislabeled," aka fake, relics just puts it over the top.

I thought National Treasures hockey was a great product... but I was very happy they lost their NHL license.

Quote:
BTW, I don't collect hockey, but those are some incredible beauties you have there! I wish I could give you a lead on that Crosby - I can relate to the pain of missing out on a 1/1 for a set. Best of luck finding the Crosby and finishing your set!
Thanks very much... I appreciate it.
Old 02-28-2015, 11:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncm7772 View Post
Bummer to hear about the Crosby. $250 is a big chunk of change to spend on a piece of cardboard, but considering what I've seen his 1/1's sell for, that's not bad at all.

There are 2 Barrasso's that I was legitimately mad at myself for missing. They were both BIN/BO, and I sent low offers on both. Not a lowball or insulting offer, but one that I honestly thought I'd be lucky at. Of course, the offers were denied and both were sold to someone else. One of them had a high BIN which I refused to pay, but in retrospect the other had one that I would gladly pay now. But hey, when you collect guys who's cards sell for big $, it happens!
Honestly I expected that Crosby 1/1 to sell for bigger money. His /10 and /25 autos in NT sold for near that or more, though they've dropped off lately.

The reason I would have been willing to pay up is because I thought it would be cool to have the only complete NT All Star set.

I hear you on those BIN/BO... it's hard to pull the trigger sometimes but frustrating when you miss out. We can't get them all though!