Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2008, 01:52 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacardi2 View Post
Good luck!! OVECHKIN is the best player in the NHL hits,scores,assists and is a true team player. Crosby is a one man show and whoever say's different has there head up there xxx. Detroits defense is to good. they will shutdown crosby and malkin.

What exactly do you mean he's a "one man show"?
csun22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 02:06 PM   #27 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

Yea E, I have to completely disagree with you there. If hes such a one man show, why did he lead the league in assists 2 years ago, and would have again this year had he not gotten hurt? He is a pass first player that looks for his shot when the team needs him.
Old 05-26-2008, 02:09 PM   #28 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

Ovie would be the face of the NHL if he spoke better english. He's quite the partier it seems to, I liked when the local news did a episode of Cribs with Ovie and he was all about american style and seemed obsessed with hollywood movies and how they party.

Ovie has a disco ball in one of his rooms. He's a funny dude.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 02:14 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
Yea E, I have to completely disagree with you there. If hes such a one man show, why did he lead the league in assists 2 years ago, and would have again this year had he not gotten hurt? He is a pass first player that looks for his shot when the team needs him.

I'd have to agree. He's got nearly a 2:1 assists/goals ratio over his career. How exactly does that make him a "1 man show" with people like Malkin on his team?
csun22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 02:21 PM   #30 (permalink)

if you want to see a 1 man show...look at Rick Nash hate to say it but thats the only reason I like the Blue Jackets

Photobucket:
http://s985.photobucket.com/user/Matts_cardz/library/?sort=3&page=1
matts_cardz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 02:23 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacardi2 View Post
Good luck!! OVECHKIN is the best player in the NHL hits,scores,assists and is a true team player. Crosby is a one man show and whoever say's different has there head up there xxx. Detroits defense is to good. they will shutdown crosby and malkin.
True team player my ass - it's because of Ovechkin's ego and his contract why the Caps will never make it to the Stanley Cup Finals, ever. Ovechkin is all about one thing - scoring goals = making money. Typical Russian player who could care less about his team and care all about himself.

And if you think I'm wrong about Russians, why have there only ever been 4 Russian players to ever wear the "C" in the NHL?

Yashin, P. Bure, Mogilny and Zhamnov and if not mistaken, none of them have ever won a Cup. (I'm not 100% positive on that one).
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 02:25 PM   #32 (permalink)

And as far as a one man show goes, with Ovie its all about him, he takes the puck up the ice, he demands the puck, and takes what seems like 50% of their shots. I know and agree that he is probably the most talented player in the NHL, however, talent does not make you the best. Period. Once he starts distributing the puck and letting guys like Backstrom get more involved, then I will be comfortable with saying he is hands down the best player in the NHL.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:12 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
And as far as a one man show goes, with Ovie its all about him, he takes the puck up the ice, he demands the puck, and takes what seems like 50% of their shots. I know and agree that he is probably the most talented player in the NHL, however, talent does not make you the best. Period. Once he starts distributing the puck and letting guys like Backstrom get more involved, then I will be comfortable with saying he is hands down the best player in the NHL.
Backstrom passes and Ovy scores. Sometimes, especially during the playoffs, it was the other way around, with Backstrom, Kozlov and Green being the recipients.

I believe Fedorov wore the Captain C in Detroit at some time and also has in Columbus, I wouldn't be surprised to see him wearing the C in Washington next season.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 10:22 PM   #34 (permalink)

Fedorov was never a Captain, only an assistant captain with all 3 teams. (Detroit, Columbus, Anaheim)
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 10:50 PM   #35 (permalink)

KMD Steve Yzerman would like to talk with you
Old 05-26-2008, 10:51 PM   #36 (permalink)

well when you can't score you might as well run around like the movie "slap shot"
Old 05-26-2008, 10:52 PM   #37 (permalink)

another nice game by ozzy....pitt sure has alot of no namers on their team that want to get on camera with their cheapshots...few of them hitting a man who has had concussion like symptoms in the head...real smart there...maybe next year when they grow up they'll win a cup

Photobucket:
Old 05-26-2008, 10:53 PM   #38 (permalink)

easy wingin, no one takes runs a players like Kronwall does out there. few cheap shots yes, but all that guy does is head hunt.

and before anyone says anything about that run in with Ozzy, Petr Sykora has more integrity than that, he did bump him, but it was Ozzys arm that he caught and spun him down.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:56 PM   #39 (permalink)

kronwall cheap shots.... you are kidding right????? his are clean body checks.. not that punching in the face crap...
Old 05-26-2008, 10:56 PM   #40 (permalink)

I did catch that...but Whitney's shot at Franzen's head after the whistle blew was absolutely uncalled for...thats like punching someone in the stomach who has broken ribs

Photobucket:
Old 05-26-2008, 10:58 PM   #41 (permalink)

when a guy takes a strait run across the ice, jumps and puts a shoulder up high on a guy thats a cheapshot. that Roberts play wasn't clean, and I did not say it was.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:58 PM   #42 (permalink)

not going to get into a pi$$in contest in here... just let your boys keep playing that way and come Saturday the series will be over... if they want to play hockey(which I hope they do) then this series will go a little while longer..
Old 05-26-2008, 10:59 PM   #43 (permalink)

I'm not trying to get in a pissing match, just don't want people to make it look like its a one way street.
Old 05-26-2008, 11:01 PM   #44 (permalink)

kronwall who charges into a person cleanly (no penalties) vs Whitney and other Penguins hitting someone in the head whose had concussion like symptoms....I can see whose headhunting ...I will end this by saying YOU CANT STOP THE OZ!

Photobucket:
Old 05-26-2008, 11:02 PM   #45 (permalink)

yea but atleast Kronwalls look nice, thise lil punches to the head are worthless, if you're going to do it, go all out.

Malone, get him out of there, what an idiot
Old 05-26-2008, 11:03 PM   #46 (permalink)

Hey FM8418 get off that redwings bandwagon... fans 10 miles over the boarder can't be wings fans.... HEHEHE
Old 05-26-2008, 11:04 PM   #47 (permalink)

Key word was charges. And on a side note, Whitney is worthless, I've hated him for years. Think hes a liability.

Ozzy played well yet again and the RW's D was stifling. Just disappointed in the overall effort....
Old 05-26-2008, 11:08 PM   #48 (permalink)

Not really worth arguing to tell you the truth. Wings fans will tell you they are clean hits, Pens fans will say they arent. Either way you look at it.......NOT called by refs so play ON. IMO, he doesn't leave his feet until he puts the check on and contact is made, legal hit. But like I said both sides will go with their team. As for it being a cheap shot.....that is just a joke. Everyone in hockey knows that you better keep your head up at all times on the ice. Physical play is hockey and is the Stanley Cup.

But overall that was a good game. Pens showed alittle more at the end, but just too little too late. Ozzy looked great (didn't have to really do too much which I like to see). Gonna be real hard for the Pens to get past the Wings awesome D.

PS: Really was a cheap shot to punch someone in the face, just made it worse that it was Franzen because he just came back from all the head injuries.

Always Looking For Zetterberg Patch Autos
vortekv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 11:10 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Key word was charges. And on a side note, Whitney is worthless, I've hated him for years. Think hes a liability.

Ozzy played well yet again and the RW's D was stifling. Just disappointed in the overall effort....
I can see that for sure. Whitney is a liability for you guys. And if Malone would stop worrying so much about hitting someone and start playing the puck it might help you out. But I can understand the disappointment you got, when your leaders are just playing like crap really. They look slow and out of gas. That and the Wings D is just pushing them around.

Always Looking For Zetterberg Patch Autos
vortekv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 11:14 PM   #50 (permalink)

Don't get me wrong with my previous point, I agree with you that a lot of the time when a guy gets run by someone coming full speed from across the ice its clean, I was referring mainly to the one specific hit that the announcer on VS were calling out.

And quit beating a dead horse on the shots to Franzen. They were unnecessary, period end of story.