Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2008, 10:53 PM   #126 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

bad outcome thought! Should of watched more of that then the stupid Pistons game. But then again we need to find the guy / guys who weren't smart enough to stager these games instead of having them on the same night! They wonder why ratings are down for each..their competing against each other!
Old 05-28-2008, 10:55 PM   #127 (permalink)

no doubt...how is detroit gonna sell out the tigers/pistons games with a wings game on the same night lol

Photobucket:
http://s985.photobucket.com/user/Matts_cardz/library/?sort=3&page=1
matts_cardz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 10:59 PM   #128 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

I'm actually glad to see the pens win a game. Would actually like to see them win one more as well. I think we're still looking at a 6 or 7 game series... Would much rather see the wings win at home than in Pittsburgh though
Old 05-28-2008, 11:01 PM   #129 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

I have a strong feeling that if the Pens win on Saturday they will steal game 5 next Wed. That 3rd period was fantastic. Hope the rest of the series plays out in a similar fashion.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:13 PM   #130 (permalink)

itll prolly go to game 7 they will both win at home and home ice advantage will win the cup

Photobucket:
Old 05-28-2008, 11:16 PM   #131 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
Hey chief....not talking about college here partner. So it's been 1990, not too shabby then. How about the Browns and the Bengals then? Maybe the Cavs? What about the Indians? Good luck to the mistake on the lake....losers for life.

I love how when you throw up a statement/question about Ohio, then get shut down since you don't know when the last time one of our teams won a championship....then you go to another team/sport to try and prove a point. Well done Cavs and Indians may not have won a championship lately (or for that fact a long time, but atleast our teams have been in the championship game many times over the past few years and I will take that being an Indians fan...I am a Pacers fan though for b-ball so it really doesn't effect me too much there) But my Tribe have been atleast somewhere near winning lately which is more than I can say for Pittsburgh. But either way I am done with this conversation since I really don't live in the past I live now and for the future. What is done is done but if you want to go back years and decades to prove points feel free. And on to something that actually does matter right now.

late in the third was the best hockey I have seen in awhile now. Pens showed heart and deserved to win that game. I loved the intensity from both sides in this game though. And now my game 5 tickets are a good to go so i can't wait for that on next monday. Hoping the Wings win game 4 that way game 5 can be a possbile clinch (that would be sweet to see in person). That was a nice bank-in goal though from behind Ozzy. Franzen's goal was just crazy.

Always Looking For Zetterberg Patch Autos
vortekv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 04:44 AM   #132 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

Quote:
Then you should become a Steeler fan so that you can enjoy winning once in a while.
and cheer for that big oaf of a quarterback (who's from ohio) yeah right.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 06:35 AM   #133 (permalink)
NSCC Booth 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
and cheer for that big oaf of a quarterback (who's from ohio) yeah right.
You must mean the Super Bowl Champion Quaterback who's from Ohio....that's the closest you'll ever get to a Super Bowl in your lifetime.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 07:57 AM   #134 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
bad outcome thought! Should of watched more of that then the stupid Pistons game. But then again we need to find the guy / guys who weren't smart enough to stager these games instead of having them on the same night! They wonder why ratings are down for each..their competing against each other!

Fishy, I hate to disagree with you. According to TV ratings, Game 2 RedWings/Pens, Vs. had their best ratings since Lance Armstrong's last ride at the Tour De France. I hope Wings win in 6 because I want to see some octupi in Pittsburgh.
bloodwings19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 11:39 AM   #135 (permalink)

I WANT SHELLY"S JOB. Who said the Pens needed to open things up against the Wings before the series started because they have no shot of winning by playing that sit back and wait style ? Thats right..ME. I still think they have to play that way to have any shot of making this a series but the Wings have too much skill along the lines for a team like the Pens. Pens seem like they are glad to get shifts over without giving up a goal. You can't play that way and win. Pens got a much needed win but they can't be that thrilled with how they hung on for almost the whole third period. At least they FINALLY opened up their game and made it exciting. Crosby did what a great player is supposed to do and put the two chances he got in the net. If I were a Wings fan with tickets for game 5, I'd be very very happy right about now. Gonna see some history.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 12:01 PM   #136 (permalink)
Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
If I were a Wings fan with tickets for game 5, I'd be very very happy right about now. Gonna see some history.
So you are calling the next 2 to the Wings? I think the Pens take another before the series is over.
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 12:09 PM   #137 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

I still think that if the Pens can take game 4 they will have a good shot at taking game 5 in Detroit. They will have momentum and confidence and won't be intimidated into playing passive like they did in the first 2 games. Despite the fact that the Wings have lots of experience, I think they might get tentative and try not to make mistakes, which most of you well know, leads to making mistakes. Just a gut feeling and not a prediction by any means. Can't wait till Sat for game 4.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:29 PM   #138 (permalink)

As I have said for a month already, Wings in 6. I think Penguins win Saturday night, but then wings win 5-2 at home, and then win 3-2 for game 6.
jacobbigshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 11:20 AM   #139 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
So you are calling the next 2 to the Wings? I think the Pens take another before the series is over.
My original pick was Wings in 5 so I stand by it although I did hedge a bit and throw in a "maybe 6"

BTW Shelly was at his crying best even on an off day. THIS is why I can't stand the friggin whiner and why I still say he isn't the right coach for that team. You don't need your head coach and leader making excuses and crying every time a mic is put in front of him.

Someone please mute him: Pittsburgh coach Michel Therrien was asked Friday about crowd support at home and he answered by complaining that Detroit was still getting away with interference. We’re not kidding. Go to the video. It’s comical at this point. Therrien’s one-man mission to buy a few more calls has gone past the stage of being embarrassing.

The questioner even mocked Therrien by restating his question. Therrien acknowledged the retort, saying, “I understand your question, but I want to say my point, too.” Laughter ensued. “We like our crowd,” Therrien followed. More laughter.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 11:58 AM   #140 (permalink)

The wings have still outscored the penguins in all 3 games, looking at the highlights, the wings got a lot of bad goal breaks, and the penguins got a lot of lucky breaks (like the first goal handed by stuart). I still think it will be wings in 5 or 6.
jacobbigshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 12:34 PM   #141 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobbigshow View Post
The wings have still outscored the penguins in all 3 games, looking at the highlights, the wings got a lot of bad goal breaks, and the penguins got a lot of lucky breaks (like the first goal handed by stuart). I still think it will be wings in 5 or 6.

Go Wings 5k on them tonight if I win cup
!!
Old 05-31-2008, 01:05 PM   #142 (permalink)

Quote:
You must mean the Super Bowl Champion Quaterback who's from Ohio....that's the closest you'll ever get to a Super Bowl in your lifetime.
I went to the super bowl that year Super Bowl is like the least of the chmpionships I like also I think.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:54 PM   #143 (permalink)

WOW all the crying.... why can't they just play hockey... unbelieveable.... I think Sid is a great player... but he is no captain... tell me one captain in the NHL that cry's as much as he does... teammates aren't going to support that in time.. time for him to grow up and just let the coach cry.. which he is doing a lot of
Old 05-31-2008, 11:01 PM   #144 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingin98 View Post
WOW all the crying.... why can't they just play hockey... unbelieveable.... I think Sid is a great player... but he is no captain... tell me one captain in the NHL that cry's as much as he does... teammates aren't going to support that in time.. time for him to grow up and just let the coach cry.. which he is doing a lot of

6k richer!!! Yeah!!
Old 05-31-2008, 11:08 PM   #145 (permalink)

Yeah Crosby bitching to Z didn't look very good.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:33 PM   #146 (permalink)

crosby yelling like a little school girl at one of the cleanest players in the league....crosby is sure the face of the nhl alright...

Photobucket:
Old 05-31-2008, 11:40 PM   #147 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts_cardz View Post
crosby yelling like a little school girl at one of the cleanest players in the league....crosby is sure the face of the nhl alright...

He won't be soon. BABY!! He thinks this is his show and he's pissed because he is getting shutdown and knocked around. He likes to be able to just walk in an score, can't take the hitting.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:44 PM   #148 (permalink)

He is not worthy of being a Captain in the NHL right now. There is more to leading than scoring on the ice. He is a great player, but so much more is to be learned by him.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:09 AM   #149 (permalink)

Yes, Crosby's really getting shut down.
kobemagee29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 12:14 AM   #150 (permalink)

I am glad I got those game 5 tickets. Could be the game clincher, I can't wait till monday. I don't think I am going to be able to sleep till Tuesday now. Anyone else gonna be at the Joe on Monday?

I was not a big fan of Crosby talking crap after the game to Z. That is sissy crap that is not needed on the ice. Take your loss like a man and move on. And seriously if your gonna talk crap to someone, dont talk trash to the man that is possibly going to be the Conn Smythe (well him or Ozzy). Z showed tonight that he is truly the best defensive forward in hockey. Crosby is just pissed because the Wings made shorter shifts tonight so that they could get the line matchups that they wanted easier. And when Z's line is out with Crosby's; they just shut them down.

Always Looking For Zetterberg Patch Autos
vortekv8 is offline   Reply With Quote