Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2008, 12:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Crosby Cup lot

check out this guys Crosby collection!!! currently sitting at $41,300 with 6 days left!! How high will this one go?

2005-06 The Cup SIDNEY CROSBY Rookie Lot - eBay (item 320255885561 end time May-31-08 12:05:51 PDT)
mcq91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 01:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to coaltowncards

Thats the way to sell High end. Ebay is offering 15% off Final value fee if the seller offers free shipping. looks like a $50,000 lot soo... seller saves $7500 Smart move
Old 05-25-2008, 03:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coaltowncards View Post
Thats the way to sell High end. Ebay is offering 15% off Final value fee if the seller offers free shipping. looks like a $50,000 lot soo... seller saves $7500 Smart move

??? ebay is not taken anywhere near 7500 even if he doesn't ship free the most on 50k is 2500. I think around 50k-56k 8k-9k each. If thia guy really thinks Crosby is going to do all of what he says in his description, then why the hell is he selling it. Because Crosby is Overated... If he was not from Canada his cards would be 3-4k each.
Old 05-25-2008, 04:12 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to coaltowncards

Yeah, I was just trowing numbers around. I didn't take any caps or figures into concideration but still a good time to sell high end on ebay.
Old 05-25-2008, 06:03 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacardi2 View Post
??? ebay is not taken anywhere near 7500 even if he doesn't ship free the most on 50k is 2500. I think around 50k-56k 8k-9k each. If thia guy really thinks Crosby is going to do all of what he says in his description, then why the hell is he selling it. Because Crosby is Overated... If he was not from Canada his cards would be 3-4k each.

If Patrick Roy wasn't from Canada....

If Mario Lemieux wasn't from Canada....

If Wayne Gretzky wasn't from Canada.....

If all the players that are from Canada, weren't from Canada, we would haven't any value in hockey cards.

If Alexander Ovechkin wasn't from Russia and playing only for a contract and a Hart Trophy, maybe the Capitals will one day have a shot at a Stanley Cup.

You can call Crosby overrated, call him a diver or call him whatever you want, but the fact of the matter is, either this year or within the next couple of years, you can also call him a Stanley Cup Champion.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 08:53 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
If Alexander Ovechkin wasn't from Russia and playing only for a contract and a Hart Trophy, maybe the Capitals will one day have a shot at a Stanley Cup.
Anyone who saw any of that Flyers-Capitals series knows that Ovy is not playing just for a contract. He has a 13 year deal and he isn't slacking off.

As for the Crosby lot, if I had the money I'd be seriously considering this, but some of those are weak patches so it might be at its ceiling.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 10:47 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
If Patrick Roy wasn't from Canada....

If Mario Lemieux wasn't from Canada....

If Wayne Gretzky wasn't from Canada.....

If all the players that are from Canada, weren't from Canada, we would haven't any value in hockey cards.

You can call Crosby overrated, call him a diver or call him whatever you want, but the fact of the matter is, either this year or within the next couple of years, you can also call him a Stanley Cup Champion.
You are seriously on something. Canadian players Yes there are alot of great Canadian players past and present. I was only saying that Crosby is overated and only gets this love (card price wise) because he is canadian. All the other people you mentioned have proven themselves, in my book crosby has not and if you don't think so, well then they got to you to and brain washed you. Check the points over the next 5 years if Ovechkin doesn't have more then hell has frozen over. Watch he won't win the cup this year. They will be swept, and he will probably not win one in the next few years. I can't say to much about crosby because I am going to buy this lot for $41,500. I hope for an investment its a good one. Later E

Last edited by ebacardi2; 05-26-2008 at 10:51 AM.
ebacardi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 05:32 PM   #8 (permalink)

Sorry, but i've watched alot of Peniguin games this year and last year and don't see how you can say Crosby hasn't proven himself.
No, I don't think the Pens will win the Cup this year either, but that doesn't take anything away from what they have accomplished playing this year.
My simply opinion is that I would take Crosby over Ovie, but thats just me.

How can you say Crosbys a one man show, you kidding me .

Last edited by kobemagee29; 05-26-2008 at 05:34 PM.
kobemagee29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 05:40 PM   #9 (permalink)

This is a great lot...as someone else said, it is too bad that the patches are mostly one color.

In terms of the Ovechkin/Crosby debate, I would say that they are both excellent players and will make the NHL very entertaining for the next decade plus. I think the big difference between the two is that Crosby has been surrounded by talent whereas Ovechkin doesnt quite have that yet. Look what the Penguins did when Crosby was injured...everyone thought they would drop off but Malkin and others stepped up.

Checkoutmycards ID: kelleys1
kelleys1 is offline   Reply With Quote