Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2008, 10:19 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Collector View Post

PS - Doc is one of the best announcers ever.
He looks weird when he talks. I think that you like his voice

Don't forget I am a lowly Islanders fan

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 10:29 AM   #27 (permalink)

Don't know if I agree with the interferance calls on the goalie, but again its part of the game. What I don't understand is like HJ said and that is how can the REF in the neutral zone call that when the REF 5 feet from it doesn't. Just makes no sense to me
Old 06-03-2008, 10:32 AM   #28 (permalink)

I agree with that the other ref should have called it, but then again they weren't in sync a couple times.

One ref waived off icing and the ref at center ice called it anyway. lol

As far as Doc, he actually has a weird voice but I love the way he calls the game. Great Descriptive Action!
Never Forget 9/11, Be Diligent and Safe!
Vintage Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 10:36 AM   #29 (permalink)

I don't have a problem with the 4 minute penalty, that should of been called, but not those not a lot of others.
jacobbigshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 10:41 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Collector View Post
I agree with that the other ref should have called it, but then again they weren't in sync a couple times.

One ref waived off icing and the ref at center ice called it anyway. lol

As far as Doc, he actually has a weird voice but I love the way he calls the game. Great Descriptive Action!
The back linesman who is supposed to initiate the icing called the icing off but the front linesman called the icing anyways. I don't believe he looked back at his partner and assumed it was an icing. They got the call right after they had their conference.

In the leagues I ref if an incorrect icing is called the puck is dropped in the face-off circle the puck was shot in per USA Hockey rules. We do not have touch icing in our likes its automatic until you get to the Junior level.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:42 AM   #31 (permalink)

Pens scored on a PPG!?!?, which is one thing I hate about refs determining the game which could of gone a little longer, but NBC is going to be happy with TV rating bonanza. It was a great game for the Wings, they just totally dominated and I think if Holmstrom would of turned around instead of shooting the backhand, it would of been over. I didn't see the Pens PPG since I fell asleep (for 10 minutes) only to be waken up by the evening news, lol. I might be the only nut here, but I only got 3 hrs of sleep and here I am at work from 5am-?!?!?. I want to see octupi in Pittsburgh, and if... Red Wings is always in my blood.
bloodwings19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 10:43 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobbigshow View Post
I don't have a problem with the 4 minute penalty, that should of been called, but not those not a lot of others.
You have to remember that the Refs are letting the teams play. There are alot of uncalled penalties because of it being the Finals. There were so many obvious penalties that weren't called last night its not even funny.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:45 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodwings19 View Post
Pens scored on a PPG!?!?, which is one thing I hate about refs determining the game which could of gone a little longer, but NBC is going to be happy with TV rating bonanza. It was a great game for the Wings, they just totally dominated and I think if Holmstrom would of turned around instead of shooting the backhand, it would of been over. I didn't see the Pens PPG since I fell asleep (for 10 minutes) only to be waken up by the evening news, lol. I might be the only nut here, but I only got 3 hrs of sleep and here I am at work from 5am-?!?!?. I want to see octupi in Pittsburgh, and if... Red Wings is always in my blood.
That double minor for high sticking was the best penalty call of the game!!!!....Seriously

Old 06-03-2008, 11:43 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodwings19 View Post

How about you let Hudler slice your face and draw blood then and see if you would like a penalty called?
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 12:36 PM   #35 (permalink)

Shame a great game gets decided by just a careless stupid play by Hudler. WTF was he thinking ??? That call HAS to be made even though there was no intent behind the swing. Even so, there was a bad breakdown by the Wings on that PK. HTH does Sykora find himself all alone in the circle while all the Wings forwards collapsed back to within a sticks length of the D ? Once Malkin threads the needle, he can pick a spot because he had lots of time and space. Hate to see a PP end a game but it was the correct call and some poor PK.

The two goalie interference calls were complete BS. You have a ref right behind the friggin net and he sees nothing wrong but Divorsky, from way out in center ice, sees right through players and determines the player could have pulled up or avoided contact. WHAT A JOKE !!! At least the game wasn't decided on either of those half assed calls but killing penalties does take a toll on key players like Zetterberg and Lidstrom plus it costs them 4 minutes of potential attack time.

All this means squat come Wednesday night. Wings don't seem to get rattled this year like in years past so I'm sure game 6 will be no different. Just sucks that my Wings in 5 pick has gone by the boards.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 12:40 PM   #36 (permalink)

Yea the wings have to play the game and not worry about the refs, if you out play the other team you should win, don't worry about what the refs are doing, just play your game and the calls should be evening out your way eventually.
jacobbigshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 12:45 PM   #37 (permalink)

I agree with just play your game BUT if they can't get a fair shake in their own building, they have no shot of getting any calls in MBA. Not saying any games have been ridiculously one way with calls but the questionable calls have gone more the Pens way since Shelly started his post game crying spree.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:01 PM   #38 (permalink)

To answer your question BAMBAM about how he gets so wide open... I believe the shot before went around and hit the REF and came right back to whomever that was(crosby?) who made the pass out to Sykora. So believe that threw off the defense by the Wings. Those things happen and Pen's took advantage of there breaks.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:06 PM   #39 (permalink)

Actually Crosby was along the boards when the puck came to him and he passed the puck down behind the net and whoever that was saw Sykora in the slot, passed it to him and he scored top shelf(I bet Fleury would have made that glove save).

Pluse Sykora called that he was going to score the GWG!!!

Old 06-03-2008, 02:08 PM   #40 (permalink)

Detroit Fans - "Waaaaa, Waaaaaa, Waaaaa, the refs are stealing my Stanley Cup!! WAAAAAAAAAAA"
Old 06-03-2008, 02:11 PM   #41 (permalink)
Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
Detroit Fans - "Waaaaa, Waaaaaa, Waaaaa, the refs are stealing my Stanley Cup!! WAAAAAAAAAAA"
Reason #2 Pens fans are hated.

Pens coach and Cindy are allowed to whine about the refs when they lose.
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 03:07 PM   #42 (permalink)

HEY SOLT don't go throwing all Detroit Fans in on that... I already said the REFs made horrible calls both ways. Pens capitalized on there chance and that's what counted last night.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:48 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingin98 View Post
HEY SOLT don't go throwing all Detroit Fans in on that... I already said the REFs made horrible calls both ways. Pens capitalized on there chance and that's what counted last night.
But they capitalized on the chance that was a good call....that is the difference

Old 06-03-2008, 04:13 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingin98 View Post

Yeah...that's true, you weren't one of the ones crying about the refs. Good call.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:38 PM   #45 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

it's funny because most of the whining has been by the Pitt side. The second goalie interference was so much BS especially since Fleury seemed to be leaning outside of the crease anyways. Hudlers penalty was correct but I kinda hate the whole blood rule, couldn't you say bite you tongue or something on purpose and get that penalty? By this time in the year the players are so beat up it probably wouldn't take much to bleed.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 06:50 AM   #46 (permalink)

You're really reaching there....if you would take out the blood rule, basically you're saying that it's ok to cross check someone across the forehead, draw blood, and you'll get a 2 minute minor. Absurd.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:42 AM   #47 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

...yup

Last edited by fm8418; 06-04-2008 at 11:44 AM.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:03 PM   #48 (permalink)

Not really because if you cross check a guy across the forehead its 5 for intent to injure and a match penalty game misconduct wether the guy bleeds or not.

I've ALWAYS hated the blood rule because thats no way to determine the severity of the penalty. An OBVIOUSLY accidental high stick should always be 2 minutes because its not done with intent, only carelessness like Hudler's on Monday. So Hudler would have been better off chipping the guys tooth then giving him a scratch on the chin ? Thats ridiculous. The call was the right call based on the rulebook but that doesn't make the rulebook right.

I'd also like to see the goalie interfence rule waived off as well. If you have the puck going towards the net full bore then make incidental contact in the act of attempting to score it shouldn't be a penalty ESPECIALLY if the goalie flops like a b*tch like MAF did on the second call or Ozzy did in the first or second game. HTH are you supposed to go from full speed to stopped on a rush when most of time you have a d-man pushing or grabbing you from behind ? IF YOU DON"T HAVE THE PUCK and are in the crease making contact with the goalie or interfering with his attempt to play a puck by contacting him then yes, thats a minor penalty IMO.

Also, if a goalie leaves his crease to play the puck he should be fair game. Hell, he is the most padded player on the ice so let him play by the same set of rules. I'm sick of players having to tip toe around the guys when they are out of their crease. These guys are babied more then QBs in the NFL.

Last edited by BAMBAM; 06-04-2008 at 12:05 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:13 PM   #49 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

I agree whole heartedly about goalies being fair game outside of the crease. I hate when a goalie skates behind the net and plays the puck and blocks off an opponent.

As far as when the goalie is run while in the crease, I have to disagree and say it should remain a penalty. At the very least a blown whistle and stoppage in play depending on the severity of the impact. If the guy skating full boar at the goal shoots the puck then plows the goalie and someone bangs home a rebound, how is that fair? I say leave both rules the same and let the refs use their own discretion to decide if it is a penalty or not, and give a matching minor for diving if it is warranted.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:45 PM   #50 (permalink)

Obviously refs using their own disgression isn't working. You have a guy standing 3 ft. away from the play that sees it as a non-call while some clown standing out at center ice puts his arm up. Thats a joke. I hate the whole 2 ref system anyway because they still can't get it right with 2 of them out there. Sorry but the guy behind the net has to go out and overturn that call wether he makes the other guy look bad or not. The goalie diving call is almost never called or it would have been on the second one with MAF and Cleary. Not saying just MAf is a diver as Ozzy is probably the best along with many others because they know its a cheap way to get a PP these days.

You have to let players that have the puck go to the net. Its pretty obvious if the guy is trying to score and makes SOME contact as opposed to a guy trying to score AND get a shot in on the goalie as well.