Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2010, 06:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default First Look: 2010-11 Donruss Hockey

First Look: 2010-11 Donruss Hockey
September 8, 2010, 4:17 pm

In a hockey trading card season that promises to be full of history-making firsts and grand reintroductions, Panini America provided a sneak peek at the latest one Wednesday afternoon: 2010-11 Donruss Hockey.

Indeed, for the first time since the 1997-98 season, there will be a Donruss-branded hockey set for diehards to devour, complete with its own throwback Donruss logo and everything.

Due out in mid November, the product (five cards per pack, 24 packs per box, 12 boxes per case) carries a $4 pack SRP.

Returning to the product are longtime product standbys (50 Rated Rookies, Press Proof parallels and the Les Gardiens, Elite and Ice Kings inserts) and venerable brand staples such as Fans of the Game. Of course, there are plenty new-generation bells and whistles, too, including the Tough Times insert honoring the most fearsome enforcers of the 1980s (including on-card-autographed parallel versions) and Line of the Times memorabilia cards.

As of now, the Fans of the Game autograph lineup includes such celebrity hockey fans as Pamela Anderson, actor Michael Ontkean and folk singer Stompin’ Tom Connors.

Each box of 2010-11 Donruss Hockey should deliver two memorabilia or autograph cards, six Rated Rookies, three Boys of Winter, two Ultimate Draft, one Press Proof, one Les Gardiens, one Tough Times and one Fans of the Game.

First Look: 2010-11 Donruss Hockey The Beckett Blog
blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:13 AM   #2 (permalink)

donruss hockey sucked back 97-98 and it looks even worse now
it looks like panini's attempt to counter ud series 1
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

As long as the cards are of a thicker stock, this one looks nice.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

I really like that "Tough Times" vintage design. Cards look very good. Definitely getting a set and some hits too.
S.U.I.Z.I.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 05:08 PM   #5 (permalink)

2 hits in a $100 box? Dont get cheap now Panini. UD1 will blow this crap away.

anusinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

Box prices are usually 65%-80% of the SRP per pack price so this would probably be a $70-$75 box I would imagine.

Still higher than UD by $10-$15 so the hits should be of a better quality - which shouldn't be hard to do. I would think there would be more autos than the 1/case Upper Deck. Patches too for that matter.

Interested to see how the Rated Rookies fare pricewise in comparison to the Young Guns. Same per box ratio.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:33 AM   #7 (permalink)

Did that write up really just say that you could pull an autograph of folk singer "stompin' " Tom Connors? What the *@*@*@*@ ? Are you kidding me, UD was bad enough with the ice skaters now this, this product will never be allowed in my house or collection. Stompin' Tom Connors, just let that sink into your brain for a minute before you post. UUUGHHH IT ONLY GETS WORSE BEFORE IT GETS BETTER!!!!!!!!!
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:44 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
Did that write up really just say that you could pull an autograph of folk singer "stompin' " Tom Connors? What the *@*@*@*@ ? Are you kidding me, UD was bad enough with the ice skaters now this, this product will never be allowed in my house or collection. Stompin' Tom Connors, just let that sink into your brain for a minute before you post. UUUGHHH IT ONLY GETS WORSE BEFORE IT GETS BETTER!!!!!!!!!

Do you not know who Stompin Tom Connors is? Have you not figured out why Stompin Tom would be in a hockey set??

Hello....Good Ol Hockey Game....ringing any bells? What's more Hockey than that??
heaterfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:51 AM   #9 (permalink)

'' Les Gardiens ''

Damn, I'm a french canadian and I don't really miss the 'french' cards.

This will be weird and easily forgotten. 6 months from, when Panini is going to be 5 or 6 products deep into hockey, we won't even know the difference between certified, limited, donruss and what ever the ''Pannini set of the month'' name is.

Enough is enough.

Panini are able to do great cards but they overdo everything and the good stuff is diluted in a sea of crap.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:08 PM   #10 (permalink)

Good grief you guys are shoveling dirt on Panini before they have released a product yet. They brought on Al Muir, a big time hockey card guy for years to run the show, the hockey brand should be better than the football and basketball brands.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:34 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
Good grief you guys are shoveling dirt on Panini before they have released a product yet. They brought on Al Muir, a big time hockey card guy for years to run the show, the hockey brand should be better than the football and basketball brands.
I am not ridiculing Panini, I actually think some of there stuff is decent. Really though Stompin' Tom Connors. Lets see if you have the same opinion when you pull good ol' Stompin' Tom Connors and the guy next to you pulls a Yzerman/Lemieux dual patch auto.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:36 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaterfan View Post
Do you not know who Stompin Tom Connors is? Have you not figured out why Stompin Tom would be in a hockey set??

Hello....Good Ol Hockey Game....ringing any bells? What's more Hockey than that??
No I dont know and I dont care, Im buying 'HOCKEY CARDS' I want hockey players not folk singers.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:39 PM   #13 (permalink)

ya not too excited for this
BlueShirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:37 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
I am not ridiculing Panini, I actually think some of there stuff is decent. Really though Stompin' Tom Connors. Lets see if you have the same opinion when you pull good ol' Stompin' Tom Connors and the guy next to you pulls a Yzerman/Lemieux dual patch auto.
That actually has something to do with hockey. It would be better than another one of these stupid fan of the game inserts.

No one likes it when their hit is not a hockey player, but would you rather have an autograph of Richard Park or Tom Connors?

Besides if the guy next to me pulls a Lemieux/Yzerman patch out of Donruss, good for him, I don't get jealous of other guys pulls. If I want to, I can always try to buy one of the aftermarket.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 02:03 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
That actually has something to do with hockey. It would be better than another one of these stupid fan of the game inserts.

No one likes it when their hit is not a hockey player, but would you rather have an autograph of Richard Park or Tom Connors? [/B]

Besides if the guy next to me pulls a Lemieux/Yzerman patch out of Donruss, good for him, I don't get jealous of other guys pulls. If I want to, I can always try to buy one of the aftermarket.

i would like hockey autos in my hockey products not people who sing songs for hockey
gilp11 is offline   Reply With Quote