Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   Join New Group Breaks Here (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/join-new-group-breaks-here/)
-   -   Monthly Basketball PC Team Box/Case Break (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/join-new-group-breaks-here/121903-monthly-basketball-pc-team-box-case-break.html)

messingaroundok 01-16-2011 12:00 PM

Monthly Basketball PC Team Box/Case Break

Going to blatantly emulate the other monthly box breaks and give basketball some much-needed love. Here are some of the particulars:

1) It will be [SIZE="4"][B]$36.35[/B][/SIZE] a month per team for a net investment of $35 a month from each participant. If the group decides on a higher-end box to be involved, such as NT, we can raise the monthly fee a bit to accommodate.

2) I will only be shipping the hits, unless specifically requested by individual members to ship base. If base is requested, a few extra dollars may be added to the total.

3) We'll keep it at [SIZE="4"][B]15 spots[/B][/SIZE] for the time being. We can then perform a draft or randomly assign the other 15 teams each month, whichever is preferred.

4) Teams are requested on a first come, first serve basis.

5) There is a [B][SIZE="4"]6-month commitment[/SIZE][/B] to this break. Please do not request a team unless you're absolutely positive you can stick to this break for that amount of time. Failure to do so will result in much ridicule from the other members :)!

6) After 6-months, members have the right to renew ownership of teams. If they do so, they must commit another 6 months to that team. Dropped teams will be open to the public on a first come, first serve basis.

7) Boxes/cases will be cracked every last or Saturday or Sunday of the month unless extenuating circumstances are involved. This can be open to debate once the club fills its 15 spots.

7) The breaks will occur live on ustream and recorded for posterity's sake.

8) Players will go to the team most prominently displayed on the card. Multi-player cards will be randomed among the teams featured.

I hope that covers all the basics. Of course, much of this can be tweaked once we have enough members in the club. Hope to get this off and running. I'll start things with my beloved (and until recently, largely ignored):

1. [B]Clippers -----> messingaroundok[/B]
2. [B]Lakers -----> armyatc22[/B]
3. [B]Wizards -----> hester72598[/B]
4. [B]Thunder/Sonics -----> Straw44[/B]
5. [B]Bulls -----> Gohansmy[/B]
6. [B]Nuggets (tentatively for Melo) -----> patchthr33[/B]
7. [B]Celtics -----> Care4Card[/B]
8. [B]Kings ------> canuhandle23[/B]

Back-up:

Nuggets -----> RckyMtCollector

iluvfish2 01-16-2011 12:16 PM

Approved, good luck

armyatc22 01-16-2011 12:53 PM

I'll take the Lakers please

hester72598 01-16-2011 01:00 PM

[QUOTE=armyatc22;997911]I'll take the Lakers please[/QUOTE]

Damn Army took my PC team for the last 20 years.

messingaroundok 01-16-2011 01:14 PM

Updated :)!

hester72598 01-16-2011 01:22 PM

I will take the Wizards.

messingaroundok 01-16-2011 01:35 PM

Updated, thanks :)!

Is anyone opposed to the idea of having a bi-monthly break instead with a roughly $73 contribution for each team? Less of a hassle and also allow us bigger and better products each break. Let me know what you guys think.

hmmdecloth 01-16-2011 01:49 PM

I'll take the heat.

messingaroundok 01-16-2011 01:54 PM

Straw44 01-16-2011 01:55 PM

I'd take Oklahoma City and be indifferent to monthly or bi-monthly.

Gohansmy 01-16-2011 02:15 PM

what year or years is this for?

messingaroundok 01-16-2011 02:16 PM

[QUOTE=Gohansmy;998195]what year or years is this for?[/QUOTE]

It'll be a mixture. The plan will be to offer at least 3 or 4 different options each break and have a vote. Majority will rule.

Gohansmy 01-16-2011 02:17 PM

ok, i'll take the Bulls, come on MJ's

messingaroundok 01-16-2011 02:23 PM

CaptainBOHICA 01-16-2011 02:44 PM

so. the breaker gets first crack at the team of their choice?

my how times have changed.

messingaroundok 01-16-2011 03:12 PM

Yessir. Do you want a team?

Brad 01-16-2011 03:23 PM

[QUOTE=CaptainBOHICA;998322]so. the breaker gets first crack at the team of their choice?

my how times have changed.[/QUOTE]

Funny how that works, right?

And the rubes on here don't have a problem with it. Amazing.

I can only imagine how much profit the breaker is going to make as well with all these breaks...

hmmdecloth 01-16-2011 03:36 PM

I'm actually going to drop out. After looking at the products coming out, I'm not too excited about anything and I can probably pick up my Heat cards on ebay cheaper than joining the group.

messingaroundok 01-16-2011 04:07 PM

[QUOTE=Brad;998491]Funny how that works, right?

I can only imagine how much profit the breaker is going to make as well with all these breaks...[/QUOTE]

Didn't know I was making any profit on this since I have the clippers and not the lakers or bulls and there will be voting options for box selections.

But thank you for your input. I hope we cn get this filled. I'll update after the Clippers game.

messingaroundok 01-17-2011 02:30 AM

[QUOTE=hmmdecloth;998550]I'm actually going to drop out. After looking at the products coming out, I'm not too excited about anything and I can probably pick up my Heat cards on ebay cheaper than joining the group.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's going to be a mix of different years to keep each break varied and give everyone a chance for decent pulls. Several box/case options will be laid out for voting purposes and if a member has a suggestion for a break, that would be great.

But I'll take your name off the list. Let me know if you change your mind or team. Thanks :)!

fitch123 01-17-2011 02:54 AM

[QUOTE=Brad;998491]Funny how that works, right?

[B]I can only imagine[/B] how much profit the breaker is going to make as well with all these breaks...[/QUOTE]

Well you happen to be right because imagining things would be your best bet when they aren't happening in reality. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

tons of profit being made here:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Is your favorite movie [B]2012[/B] or the [B]Da Vinci Code[/B]? I think Scotland Yard has a Head Cynic/Conspiracy theorist position open you should definitely apply:)!

patchthr33 01-17-2011 03:06 AM

I will go with the nuggets for now until we find out where carmelo is going to end up.

messingaroundok 01-17-2011 10:36 AM

Updated, thanks. :)!

[QUOTE=fitch123;1000624]Well you happen to be right because imagining things would be your best bet when they aren't happening in reality. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

tons of profit being made here:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Is your favorite movie [B]2012[/B] or the [B]Da Vinci Code[/B]? I think Scotland Yard has a Head Cynic/Conspiracy theorist position open you should definitely apply:)![/QUOTE]

I really don't hope many expect me to profit off any of these breaks given that the box selections will be from various years and put up for a majority vote. Meh, everyone's entitled to his/her opinion though.

messingaroundok 01-18-2011 02:48 PM

Unless we get more interest, this may be dead in the water unfortunately.

suki24 01-18-2011 06:49 PM

One major problem I see is that you don't know which product is going to be chosen. Sure you have a vote, but what if it goes against the majority? Then you'd be out of luck for that break and money down the drain.