Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Join New Group Breaks Here

Join New Group Breaks Here Hosts post new group breaks here. Participants post here to reserve a spot.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2011, 10:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Baseball Club #2 - Opening Thread

I hope jlzinck (or swerve) doesn't mind me "borrowing" his idea and some of his language because I think it is a great one!

If it is possible to fill every team I think that would be optimal. More teams filled means more money for product!

I am really looking for the guys that are in it for PC purposes.

But we will go ahead and offer this up at a flat cost per team:

$45 a month per team.

Teams will be first come first served.

The case or boxes will be cracked on Blog or Ustream and then the cards sent out to all participants. We could wait a little longer and buy a premium case if that's what we wanted.

Again really looking for PC people. Once you reserve a team that is your team that you are committed to for at least a year. After one year you can renew that team or release it, making it available to someone else.

Teams not claimed would be randomed off before each break. But purchases would only be base on the teams claimed.

Shipping, fees and supply costs will also come out of the monthly fee and members will decide BEFORE the break if we are sending out just Hits/Inserts & RC's or all cards.

Now if you decide to do this I want a minimum of 1 year commitment from each member. Less established members will be required to pay for 3-4 months up front.

So if you are interested, and have a PC team please post in this thread that you are 100% in and your PC team.

Please feel free to offer up suggestions, I am more than willing to discuss.

Claimed:

Nationals - canuhandle23
Yankees - Tyler
Red Sox - dimer10
Cardinals - houdini
SF Giants - proughj
Twins - oreo2004
Brewers - Brad
Rangers - Rangers82
Rays - houdini
Phillies - hmmdecloth
Reds - upsbroker06
Braves - Anderdale
Dodgers - Romad97
Cubs - peafor
Royals - trubear
Orioles - stevejeltz
Mets - Reid n Owen
Rockies - DenverSJB
Tigers - Jared
Pirates - thatkidbilly
Marlins - Yanksbillsfan
Mariners - Yanksbillsfan
Blue Jays - dlab85
D'Backs - azdoughboy

Still Available:

Angels
Astros
White Sox
Athletics
Padres
Indians

Back ups:

gompfjc - Reds
gompfjc - Rays
houdini - Nationals
trubear - Brewers
trubear - Braves
bruvydsb - Mets
weddlz - Cardinals
dcn12586 - Dodgers
The700Level - Phillies
MeNardfan - Orioles
mwolfson - Giants
aauball1 - Nationals
aauball1 - Orioles
yanksbillsfan - Yankees

Paid for March/April
houdini - Cardinals
houdini - Rays

peafor - Cubs

Brad - Brewers
hmmdecloth - Phillies
Rangers82 - Rangers
trubear - Royals
Reid n Owen - Mets
canuhandle23 - Nationals
Anderdale - Braves
Romad97 - Dodgers
dimer10- Red Sox
DenverSJB - Rockies
Tyler-Yankees
Jared - Tigers
Oreo2004 - Twins
stevejeltz - Orioles
thatkidbilly - Pirates
upsbroker - Reds
prougj - Giants

Paid for May
houdini - Cardinals
houdini - Rays
Brad - Brewers
Rangers82- Rangers
trubear - Royals
dimer10 - Red Sox
upsbroker - Reds
Denversjb - Rockies
hmmdecloth - Phillies
Anderdale - Braves
Romad - Dodgers
stevejeltz - Orioles
Jared - Tigers
canuhandle23 - Nationals
Tyler - Yankees
thathkidbilly - Pirates
peafour - Cubs

Notes:
Brad Paid Up Through August
Romad Paid Up Through July
canuhandle23 paid up through june

Left over after purchase of Gypsy Queen....$131.69
Add:
Sale of Auctione Teams.........................$219.74
June Payments collected........................$564.07 ($43.39 x13)
Less:
Down Payment for Platinum.....................$200

Total Budget SO FAR.............................$715

Add:
Pending June Payments..........................$390.51 ($43.39 x 9)
Less:
Estimate for Shipping and Supplies............$85
Remaining Balance Owed on Platinum.........$800

Expected Carry Over Balance for July.........$220.51

Proposed rules:

1. Products will be proposed and chosen by members.

* Products can come from previous years.
* High End products will be included when the budget permits.
* Over time breaks need to cover the entire spectrum from prospects products to HOF driven products.

2. Unclaimed teams will be auctioned off on a PER PRODUCT basis.

3. Unclaimed teams can be purchased by new members at anytime for the duration of the year.

4. Non-sport items or cards with no affiliation (USA) will be assigned at random. A random list will be developed once applicable.
This list will be valid until all members receive an item. (So, this list could span multiple breaks). Once everyone on the initial list gets an item the process will start over with a new list being generated.

5. Cards with multiple teams. These will be randomed off among the teams shown on the card. IF, during the same break, an identical card is pulled (identical meaning same set, same level of serial number such as xx/99) then it will go to the other team meaning both teams will get a copy. If the card is a different level ( one xx/99 and one xx/49) both versions would be subject to random. If my team is involved a non-interested party will conduct the randomization.

6. Cards will be distributed to the team that is named on the card at the time the product was produced.

7. Simple majority will determine product. However, considerations will be made to ensure all product types will be busted.

8. Cards from franchises that no longer exist will go to the current franchise that they are associated with. If, for example, a Montreal Expos card is pulled then it will go to the Washington Nationals.

9+ Additional rules as they arise.

There is a lot to go over so lets get the discussion going.

Last edited by Nodie27; 08-01-2011 at 02:08 PM.
Nodie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Break is now open. Format and slot pricing are within the guidelines and the host has provided verification for the age requirement. Please do your own due diligence and only join if you are comfortable with dealing with the host.
admin_blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

Alright, finally approved! Way to go Nodie!
Old 03-14-2011, 02:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

So if I were wanting to join I'd have to pay 3-4 months worth?
tehchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks Pat and Robert for all your help. To everyone that has shown interest from the previous thread please start posting your input. The list has been transfered from the previous thread but please let me know if anything is missing or wrong. I excluded myself from the break so the Cardinals and Orioles are now available.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehchamp View Post
So if I were wanting to join I'd have to pay 3-4 months worth?
This is one of the things that we need to figure out. Nothing against you since i don't know you personally but this will go smoother with established members that have transactions. pm sent
Old 03-14-2011, 02:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

I'm definitely still in for the Rangers. I personally don't have a problem with you participating in the break if you decide you want back in.

I definitely qualify as a less established member so I know I'll owe 3-4 months at once. Hopefully we can fill this fast and get to breaking!
Rangers82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:43 PM   #8 (permalink)

I'm in for sure for the Cubs, need to think if I'm going to be in for the Twins as well.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

If other members are okay with me starting on a month by month basis, I would like the Cardinals.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:03 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peafour View Post
I'm in for sure for the Cubs, need to think if I'm going to be in for the Twins as well.
got you down for the cubs. thanks
Old 03-14-2011, 03:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

I will be the back up for the Cardinals and if Nodie wants them, I think he should get them. Nodie, if you want your teams, both of them, you should get them. I am guessing everyone feels this way or they would not have joined.

Also, what constitutes a new member? I will pay the 3 or 4 months in advance. I consider myself a new member obviously. But what is the cut off line? Nodie, if you are not sure, how about a poll for us to pick? Also, is it join date, posts, ebay fb, itrader? I think it should be time, but that the other items may weigh in... (for instance, Tyler has 9 months on the forum and 36 trades - personally, I think that he should NOT be considered a new member.)

Sorry for rambling and thank you Nodie and the original OP.

1 last thing, I am concerned about HOF products. It is great for teams that have been aroun d since the 1800s, but what about the Rays, Marlins, DBacks...? Those team owners will have no love.
houdini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:35 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
I will be the back up for the Cardinals and if Nodie wants them, I think he should get them. Nodie, if you want your teams, both of them, you should get them. I am guessing everyone feels this way or they would not have joined.

Also, what constitutes a new member? I will pay the 3 or 4 months in advance. I consider myself a new member obviously. But what is the cut off line? Nodie, if you are not sure, how about a poll for us to pick? Also, is it join date, posts, ebay fb, itrader? I think it should be time, but that the other items may weigh in... (for instance, Tyler has 9 months on the forum and 36 trades - personally, I think that he should NOT be considered a new member.)

Sorry for rambling and thank you Nodie and the original OP.

1 last thing, I am concerned about HOF products. It is great for teams that have been aroun d since the 1800s, but what about the Rays, Marlins, DBacks...? Those team owners will have no love.
good questions. These are all things we have to decide before hand. As for the Cardinals, thanks but you can have them. I need to see how busy i'm going to be with the breaks and if i'm going to need to cover any emergency costs. Again, thanks.

New Members: Yes that's hard to categorize and it's ultimately up to everyone involved. My fear is that people will sign up just for this break and drop out if they don't see great results. That will leave us all scrambling to fill the vacant spots. Long time members can drop out just as easily but i think their reputation will keep them in longer (until a replacement is found)

We can start getting the conversations going once we have more participants. (also i think we need a name for the group as to avoid confusion)
Old 03-14-2011, 03:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

houdini can have the Cardinals, I'd feel I'd be getting special treatment being still a new member and not required to pay the advance as some others are willing to due with the same join date.

I do feel it will be tough to get people to take some of the newer teams such as the Rockies, Marlins, Rays, DBacks, those teams have hardly anything in a lot of the high end stuff that focuses on retired guys.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:02 PM   #14 (permalink)

Just only want the nationals for now. I'm going to look into some other teams. Take me off the Astros please
canuhandle23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:07 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuhandle23 View Post
Just only want the nationals for now. I'm going to look into some other teams. Take me off the Astros please
Ok i'll free up the Astros.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:22 PM   #16 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodie27 View Post
As for the Cardinals, thanks but you can have them.
I will take them gladly.

Quote:
New Members: Yes that's hard to categorize and it's ultimately up to everyone involved. My fear is that people will sign up just for this break and drop out if they don't see great results. That will leave us all scrambling to fill the vacant spots. Long time members can drop out just as easily but i think their reputation will keep them in longer (until a replacement is found)
I agree, I certainly do not want this to falter at all.

Quote:
We can start getting the conversations going once we have more participants. (also i think we need a name for the group as to avoid confusion)
The name should be different and yet simple. We need to differentiate, but generally you can just look at the poster - if it is swerve, it is the other club. If it is Nodie, it is us.

What about: MLB Club or NEW MLB CLUB? I mean, we know we are breakers, we are in the breakers forum. And instead of "Baseball" we say MLB. That does not imply a restriction to only Topps/Bowman products either. haha

Quote:
houdini can have the Cardinals, I'd feel I'd be getting special treatment being still a new member and not required to pay the advance as some others are willing to due with the same join date.

I do feel it will be tough to get people to take some of the newer teams such as the Rockies, Marlins, Rays, DBacks, those teams have hardly anything in a lot of the high end stuff that focuses on retired guys.
Thank you for the Cardinals. You may be right about some of the newer teams. Rays are PC though and this is a great opportunity to get a case worth of PC cards for my favorite two teams every month. Yes, I may lose one from time to time with the Rays and maybe we will have to consider that for the HOF breaks. Maybe some special inserts can be randomed between the newer teams... like negro league inserts or political DNA cards or whatever... You know what I mean...
Old 03-14-2011, 04:31 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
Thank you for the Cardinals. You may be right about some of the newer teams. Rays are PC though and this is a great opportunity to get a case worth of PC cards for my favorite two teams every month. Yes, I may lose one from time to time with the Rays and maybe we will have to consider that for the HOF breaks. Maybe some special inserts can be randomed between the newer teams... like negro league inserts or political DNA cards or whatever... You know what I mean...
You're welcome .
As far as the newer teams, I mean, there is a reason why the other club doesn't have all the spots filled in that break, and I doubt every team will be filled. Its a tough sell for some of those teams unless you have absolute diehards that don't care about forking up $45 and getting almost nothing in return. This should fill up to 20 teams though at least.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:31 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:

well we haven't really decided on the 3-4 month request. it's something we can possibly change. But if you want to give up the Cardinals i understand
Old 03-14-2011, 04:44 PM   #19 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
You're welcome .
As far as the newer teams, I mean, there is a reason why the other club doesn't have all the spots filled in that break, and I doubt every team will be filled. Its a tough sell for some of those teams unless you have absolute diehards that don't care about forking up $45 and getting almost nothing in return. This should fill up to 20 teams though at least.
You make a good point. I think they do auction off the other teams though and the club appears successful. I think this will work. A lot of guys are at work and cannot respond until later. I work from my laptop anywhere.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:03 PM   #20 (permalink)

I'll take the Twins
Oreo2004 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:10 PM   #21 (permalink)

I'll take the Brewers
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:16 PM   #22 (permalink)

ill take florida

http://s987.photobucket.com/albums/ae360/cashis11/
Cashis11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:18 PM   #23 (permalink)

just posting to confirm the giants lmk where to send paypal payment for the first month also what are we breaking first?
Old 03-14-2011, 05:24 PM   #24 (permalink)

confirming that i still want the braves 100%. So excited for this club.

we should call just call it "The Club" and there should be some rules to the club. can you guess rule #1?
Old 03-14-2011, 05:31 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreo2004 View Post
I'll take the Twins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
I'll take the Brewers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashis11 View Post
ill take florida

got all 3 of you! thanks