Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Join New Group Breaks Here

Join New Group Breaks Here Hosts post new group breaks here. Participants post here to reserve a spot.

View Poll Results: June/July - New Vote
12 box Platinum/9 box Triple Threads* 0 0%
12 box Platinum/18 box Triple Threads** 12 75.00%
12 box Platinum/ vote July later 3 18.75%
6 box Platinum/9 box Triple Threads 1 6.25%
6 box Platinum/ vote July later 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2011, 03:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Default Baseball Club - June/July Poll - **NEW**

Ok guys -

Based on updated information we are going to look at the new scenarios for June and July. The consensus seemed to be Platinum and Triple Threads so most of these will be based on those products.

The remaining funds after May project to be about $300. Two members still have not paid for May so this amount is projecting all payments and includes a ruff estimate of shipping and supply cost for May as well.

Three payments have already been received for June so that leaves $945 to be collected.

All of these amounts do not factor in bids in June/July for unclaimed teams or any of the other expenses.

So, we appear to have enough of a budget to do a 12 box case of Platinum for the group, no additional fees needed.

However, if we do the 12 box case of Platinum then we will be short on funds for a 9 box case of Triple Threads. We will probably be about $300-$400 short.

So, if you want 12 Platinum and 9 Triple Threads you would need to add roughly $13-15 to your July payment. This could end up being less depending on how bidding and expenses go. I would hope everyone would be willing to do this, this isn't much for a one time addition to ensure a high end product.

If this is done there would still be the option to purchase the additional 9 boxes for those that want to.

So, I think this is pretty good news for the group.

* - I am willing to add the necessary funds for the 9 box Triple Threads break in July. Expected to be $13-15.

** - I will add my portion of the necessary funds stated above for the 9 box case plus the amount required to purchase an 18 box case of Triple Threads. This amount will depend on the number of members willing to participate. The additional 9 boxes will be broken separately and the contents will only go to those that added funds for the additional 9 boxes. Those that participate will receive their normal team plus they will be assigned at least one additional team from those that chose not to participate (this is contingent on having 15 or less that want 18 boxes). We will have to consider other options for non-participating teams if more than 15 choose this option. Based on 15 participant the high estimate of additional cost would be about $130-$140 per person which should include the additional $10-15 noted above.

Each fee is PER TEAM. So if you own two teams you can still participate if you only pay for one of your teams but your other team would be randomized.

Last edited by swerve; 05-16-2011 at 02:21 PM.
swerve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 04:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to slugger82685

i voted for the 12/18....i have some extra funds and would like to be involved in the extra 9 boxes
slugger82685 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

I voted...

12 box Platinum/18 box Triple Threads**

Now Collecting: Ken Griffey Jr. & Kevin Garnett
guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

Sorry ... I clicked on the wrong one ...

I meant to click on 12 and 18.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

Are those options *, ** per team? So since I have 2 teams would the estimated extra payments be double that amount?
Bum Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bum Dawg View Post
Are those options *, ** per team? So since I have 2 teams would the estimated extra payments be double that amount?
* - I think this is going to need to be per team.

** - This can be done per member BUT if you are a member that owns two teams, then those would be your two teams for the additional boxes.

So, if you own two teams then I think $145-155 max if 15 members want to participate in the additional 9 box case.

Again I think these amounts would be worst case scenario.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:21 PM   #7 (permalink)

The only disagreement I have with ** is the owners with two teams being able to keep these teams as a 2 for 1. Essentially they are getting to hand pick their two teams for the same price as the rest of us being randomed. It should either be the extra payment for both teams or choose 1 or no teams to participate IMO. If more than 15 teams want to participate, then random all the extra hits from non purchased teams.
gergs1134 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gergs1134 View Post
The only disagreement I have with ** is the owners with two teams being able to keep these teams as a 2 for 1. Essentially they are getting to hand pick their two teams for the same price as the rest of us being randomed. It should either be the extra payment for both teams or choose 1 or no teams to participate IMO. If more than 15 teams want to participate, then random all the extra hits from non purchased teams.
valid point.........
Old 05-16-2011, 12:32 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
I would have to agree with this. I think the extra payment needs to be per team. If you only want to pay 1 extra, then select which team you want to keep and the other is randomed.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:43 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
I agree with this. One for one.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:08 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
I agree as well!
mwolfson22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 06:58 PM   #12 (permalink)

When I first agreed to join up I thought we were going to keep it at $45 per team a month. I don't have a big problem every now and again putting in a little extra for higher end breaks.

However since I have 2 teams I am putting in a lot of money each month and then factor in the extra money for June and July. The Indians are my pc team and the Mets are not(my wife likes them). So I will throw this out there...does any one want to take over ownership of the Mets the rest of the year(June onward)?

I would stick with the Indians the rest of the year and pay the extra June and July for the extra boxes. I will do what is best for the group if no one wants the Mets I would keep them or if they go to the unclaimed team pile that is ok too.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:07 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bum Dawg View Post
When I first agreed to join up I thought we were going to keep it at $45 per team a month. I don't have a big problem every now and again putting in a little extra for higher end breaks.

However since I have 2 teams I am putting in a lot of money each month and then factor in the extra money for June and July. The Indians are my pc team and the Mets are not(my wife likes them). So I will throw this out there...does any one want to take over ownership of the Mets the rest of the year(June onward)?

I would stick with the Indians the rest of the year and pay the extra June and July for the extra boxes. I will do what is best for the group if no one wants the Mets I would keep them or if they go to the unclaimed team pile that is ok too.

There is no extra money required for June, everyone would participate in the 12 box case. However, July would be different. So far, halfway in, this would be the first time any additional funds have been considered being added.

Last edited by swerve; 05-16-2011 at 07:10 PM.
swerve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:15 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swerve View Post
there is no extra money required for June. It is only July at this point.
I only was saying June since I am paid through May. So if someone wanted to take over the Mets it would be starting with the June break. lmk if anyone has interest. Like I say I am fine holding on to them, but if someone wanted to take them over I wouldn't mind.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:17 PM   #15 (permalink)

I would say keep both your teams and only claim one of them for the "extended" portion of July's break or neither of them for that portion. That way you keep both your teams and you shouldn't have to pony up extra funds for the "extended" portion of that months break.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:15 AM   #16 (permalink)

Looks like there was a run on Platinum so this whole thing may be screwed anyway.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:10 AM   #17 (permalink)

Whats are break for June gonna be???
mwolfson22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:36 PM   #18 (permalink)

Wow, we need to get this train back on the track and figure out what we are breaking for June, July, and August here fast.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:45 PM   #19 (permalink)

Sorry guys, I have a lot going on right now and when prices keep jumping it just creates more to do. Not to mention some of you know my feelings about this. Feel free to start discussing June since Platinum increased before there were funds to put down a deposit. I will TRY to get something going tomorrow.

For those wondering - I am trying to buy, actually close, on the purchase of a home and it is taking a lot of my time between different things that different people need. Getting insurance in place and figuring out the logistics. Thankfully we are not moving far but still my time is and is going to be very limited over the next month or two.

It would be a lot of help if there was someone that wanted to head up the discussions for the next break or two. Again, that would help a great deal!

Dave
Old 06-05-2011, 03:53 AM   #20 (permalink)

Why don't we back off to a 6 box case of platinum for June and continue with TTT for July. If the rollover is around $300 that should keep us in the ballpark throguh July. Marquee looks really nice ala Tribute, but again expensive for August. Lineage and Topps Chrome also come out in Aug, these would be more realistic.

I also wouldn't be opposed to doing something like 2010 Topps Chrome or Bowman Chrome for June. Something cheap, but with decent possibilities. We could even still sell off the wrappers to get additional funds or send them in.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:40 PM   #21 (permalink)

How about
June 2010 Bowman Chrome or 6 box Case of Platinum
July TTT
August Topps Chrome

Realistically this club looks to be about dead in the water unless things change. It looks like about half want to spend more than we agreed on to start and the other half are quitting or will be forced out.
alsjunk2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 02:33 PM   #22 (permalink)

I don't think it's dead in the water, people either just aren't reading or want someone to make a decision. As far as adding extra money, this has always been a choice. Some want to do a full case of TTT, others don't want to spend the money, which is fine. There shouldn't be any hard feelings, we are all getting the fun of busting cases of cards. We have backups for some teams and the MLB draft is going to make other teams more attractive for the next year.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:31 PM   #23 (permalink)

I am dropping the Mets into the unclaimed team pile. I am keeping the Indians though as my lone team.