Blowout Cards Forums
Halloween

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Join New Group Breaks Here

Join New Group Breaks Here Hosts post new group breaks here. Participants post here to reserve a spot.

View Poll Results: August Break
Topps Marquee (if chosen will need to discuss 6 v 12 box case) 15 75.00%
Topps Chrome 5 25.00%
Topps Lineage 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2011, 09:30 AM   #26 (permalink)

How about 6-Platinum, 6-Marquee & 18-TTT. We may all have to add some $, but under your last option we all had to add a mandatory $20 anyway, on top of another $60 for the 20+ teams that wanted the master case of TTT.
Bruvydsb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:32 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruvydsb View Post
How about 6-Platinum, 6-Marquee & 18-TTT. We may all have to add some $, but under your last option we all had to add a mandatory $20 anyway, on top of another $60 for the 20+ teams that wanted the master case of TTT.
This sounds like a viable option.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:36 AM   #28 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
This way could work but you still have to get every team to add funds ($15-20 I assume) or it still falls apart and we have less product and potentially lose out on case hits of multiple products.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:41 AM   #29 (permalink)

It's tough squeezing in 2 high-end products back to back, even with no June break.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:03 AM   #30 (permalink)

I am willing to add extra funds or cut Marquee out. TTT is going to be good this year, and Marquee is a suspect product.

Now Collecting: Ken Griffey Jr. & Kevin Garnett
guru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:10 AM   #31 (permalink)

Where is everybody???

I still am of the opinion that we should do a 12 box case of platinum for July as that was the initial vote in May. The only reason we revoted was because of the price increase and the delay in product.

Guru, why do you think Marquee is suspect?? Just curious.
gergs1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:40 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gergs1134 View Post
Where is everybody???

I still am of the opinion that we should do a 12 box case of platinum for July as that was the initial vote in May. The only reason we revoted was because of the price increase and the delay in product.

Guru, why do you think Marquee is suspect?? Just curious.
This years Topps Unique ... Just a hunch. Topps is notoriously bad with high end products.

Now Collecting: Ken Griffey Jr. & Kevin Garnett
guru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:34 AM   #33 (permalink)

Chirp............chirp..................chirp

Only a couple weeks til Platinum releases. July payments will probably be due within the next week and bidding for unclaimed teams will have to open up soon. Any other opinions on what the group wants to do the next few months as far as quantity goes? Less than 1/3 have responded.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:28 PM   #34 (permalink)

After reading through the May poll again, it was pretty clear that the group favored a 12 box case of platinum. I have asked swerve to contact Chris and see if it is a problem changing. He has stated it shouldn't be a problem.

For August with the limited response it seems like people only want to do a 6 box case of Marquee, but we will again open it up to those that wish to add additional funds to make it a 12 box case. Hopefully we can get 15 and everybody would get 2 teams. If we lock in soon with 15 teams the additional for August would be about $70, this would go down with more teams included and go up for less.

For September, we have a deposit in on the 18 box case TTT. 20+ owners have indicated they will add the necessary funds, but not everybody is willing, so we cannot use club funds to purchase the second 9 box case.

This will leave us with a nice bankroll to do pretty much whatever we want in the last 3 months.

Silent bidding for the remaining unclaimed teams is now open and will close at midnight on July 18 (it will be a 12 box case, so bid accordingly), PM silent bids to me. Payments for July are also due at that time.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:44 PM   #35 (permalink)

ill go with the 12 box case on Aug marquee and pay extra

and TTT depending on cost in sept id prolly do that as well.

Raimel Tapia was born to hit baseballs
gunshowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:46 PM   #36 (permalink)

july pd sir as well

Raimel Tapia was born to hit baseballs
gunshowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:56 PM   #37 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Im in for the 12 box of Marquee

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 06:04 PM   #38 (permalink)

I'm a bit confused. In June we did not break 2010 Bowman Chrome because the majority (1 more vote) wanted to skip the month. However for September, 20+ members (the vast majority) want to do the 18 box case of TTT and we can't use the June funds? I guess I don't understand why in 1 instance the majority rules and in the other it does not.

Last edited by Bruvydsb; 07-12-2011 at 06:20 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:12 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru View Post
I am willing to add extra funds or cut Marquee out. TTT is going to be good this year, and Marquee is a suspect product.
I'm with guru on this one.. I voted for Chrome either Topps/Bowman.. did NOT want Marquee. I always like TTT so I'm good with that one.
Highcheese4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:13 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm a bit confused. In June we did not break 2010 Bowman Chrome because the majority (1 more vote) wanted to skip the month. However for September, 20+ members (the vast majority) want to do the 18 box case of TTT and we can't use the June funds? I guess I don't understand why in 1 instance the majority rules and in the other it does not.
Yes - that is what happened .. and thats why I said this was getting lame!
Highcheese4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:02 PM   #41 (permalink)

Just gonna throw out another option for the remainder of the Year!!!!!!!!!!!

We go through and vote on Aug-Dec Breaks. Once we make the decision it's final and cannot be changed. Majority Rules. We then add up the Cost for all 5 breaks (including supplies and misc expenditures). Minus what we have in the kitty from the Months of June and July etc. Divide the remaining cost by all the participants, divided by remaining 5 months and that's what we pay for the remaining year.

The three additional slots will not be auctioned. We can divide up those slots by the participants. This will be randomed AFTER we decided what we are breaking and what the cost per month will be. There will only be 15 available slots so we can make it to where a couple of months the cards may be divied amongst several participants. (ie Participant A gets All White Sox Cards from Boxes 1-4 in the case, Participant B gets 5-8, Participant C get 9-12 etc etc and do this with remaining 5 breaks to make it where each participant gets additional cards from teams not taken.

Hope this make sense??????

P.S. This can also help us go Lock in Prices for remaining of the Year.

RockyMtCollector
RckyMtCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:11 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
I'll try to make sense of it. At $45/team/month we have/had enough funds to do a case of Bowman Chrome in June. We have always voted by majority for choosing product and the majority chose to skip June and roll the funds over. No matter what we do (that is unless we skip 3-4 months in a row), we will never have enough to cover the entire case of TTT (case price $3250).

Every member in the beginning agreed to only $45/month and some although only a few have expressed their wishes to not put anything more than the $45 in the pot. The choosing of the product has been by majority, the addition of the extra boxes and funds has been by choice. Not everybody has to add additional money, but then they do not partake in the additional boxes.

I believe this good for the club as we have a nice chunk of money that we can use to pretty much do any case or multiple cases the rest of the year.

Again, I realize this sucks. But really there is nothing that could be done when the products got delayed other than take a vote and move on. Hopefully this makes sense.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:18 PM   #43 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

I think TT will do better than Marquee. that being said we know TT will be ordered. Marqee could be a sleeper. Hard to say, even harder to predict.

I'd still rather play with a little Marquee, but if I was the deciding vote being a gambler, I'd probably be found anteing up the extra for a full case. If for any reason to increase the groups odds on someone getting lucky (and for me..maybe for once it would be the Tigers).
Old 07-12-2011, 09:37 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RckyMtCollector View Post
Just gonna throw out another option for the remainder of the Year!!!!!!!!!!!

We go through and vote on Aug-Dec Breaks. Once we make the decision it's final and cannot be changed. Majority Rules. We then add up the Cost for all 5 breaks (including supplies and misc expenditures). Minus what we have in the kitty from the Months of June and July etc. Divide the remaining cost by all the participants, divided by remaining 5 months and that's what we pay for the remaining year.

The three additional slots will not be auctioned. We can divide up those slots by the participants. This will be randomed AFTER we decided what we are breaking and what the cost per month will be. There will only be 15 available slots so we can make it to where a couple of months the cards may be divied amongst several participants. (ie Participant A gets All White Sox Cards from Boxes 1-4 in the case, Participant B gets 5-8, Participant C get 9-12 etc etc and do this with remaining 5 breaks to make it where each participant gets additional cards from teams not taken.

Hope this make sense??????

P.S. This can also help us go Lock in Prices for remaining of the Year.
The problem is we don't know what will all be available in Nov/Dec and at what price. We are locked into TTT and will be having the October vote soon, so hopefully can lock into whatever is chosen. This would be a benefit of having some rollover money to play with. Without it, we can't lock in prices too far out.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:01 PM   #45 (permalink)

I will be adding additional funds for Marquee and paid for July.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:30 AM   #46 (permalink)

Yeah, product delays screwed up a lot of this.

I have confirmed with Chris that we can move the deposit from a 6 box case of Platinum to a 12 box case so we now have the 12 box case coming as originally voted.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:20 AM   #47 (permalink)

I will pay extra for the TTT but NO for Marquee
trubear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:36 AM   #48 (permalink)

Just for ease of access, I have listed all the yes/no for inclusion into the additional 9 boxes of 2011 TTT into the 1st post of this thread. I will update the Marquee as people continue to respond.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:12 PM   #49 (permalink)

Payment sent for July.

I'd prefer 6 box for Marquee but would throw in extra on the Mariners for an optional additional 6 boxes. (note to Topps, while there aren't too many, there are worthy Royal greats - go get them to sign stuff)

My Triple Threads preference hasn't changed. Thanks!
Old 07-14-2011, 03:36 PM   #50 (permalink)

i'm in for the extra on marqee
colby2611 is offline   Reply With Quote