Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Join New Group Breaks Here

Join New Group Breaks Here Hosts post new group breaks here. Participants post here to reserve a spot.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2011, 10:52 AM   #76 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Still no payment or reply from stevejeltz. Pretty sure we had one or two as back ups but don't remember.

Looks like the case will ship out today or Monday. As I mentioned earlier I will travelling for work next week so I will not be able to break until Friday night. Sorry for this but it's Topps fault.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:08 AM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swerve View Post
Still no payment or reply from stevejeltz. Pretty sure we had one or two as back ups but don't remember.

Looks like the case will ship out today or Monday. As I mentioned earlier I will travelling for work next week so I will not be able to break until Friday night. Sorry for this but it's Topps fault.
I listed all the backups in the first post of this thread, but we should offer it to those in the group before opening it up to the public.
gergs1134 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:33 AM   #78 (permalink)

yeah, i noticed you had added it after I posted...

Does any current member want to add the Phillies permanently? Or does anyone want to pay the full $45 or $92.50 for the 6/12 boxes?
Old 09-09-2011, 01:05 PM   #79 (permalink)

I'll take them in the full case of Marquee. I don't want them permanently though.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:35 PM   #80 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Id take them permanently

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:03 PM   #81 (permalink)

If a current member is going to take them I feel it needs to be permanently and in addition to you current team(s). It doesn't help the group to just one off them or switching teams means we still have one less claimed team as well. Our back up seems to be interested too.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:21 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
If a current member is going to take them I feel it needs to be permanently and in addition to you current team(s). It doesn't help the group to just one off them or switching teams means we still have one less claimed team as well. Our back up seems to be interested too.
I was just offering to fill them for this break. So someone else can have them.

When are payments going to be due for TTT and what amounts and has October been thought about at all?
Old 09-09-2011, 03:47 PM   #83 (permalink)

I'd like a vote for 2011 Bowman Chrome for October. Would be nice to have a prospect product after two veteran products (Marquee & TTT).
Old 09-09-2011, 03:57 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gergs1134 View Post
I was just offering to fill them for this break. So someone else can have them.

When are payments going to be due for TTT and what amounts and has October been thought about at all?
I will try to throw up a thread for voting on October on Sunday.

As far as Triple Threads did we already establish the total due for the additional 9 boxes? If not I need to figure that then send out PM's for payment due around 9/21.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:38 PM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
I will try to throw up a thread for voting on October on Sunday.

As far as Triple Threads did we already establish the total due for the additional 9 boxes? If not I need to figure that then send out PM's for payment due around 9/21.
No set price for TTT yet, all those wanting to be in on the full case are listed in the first post as well.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:30 PM   #86 (permalink)

cant wait for some Marquee...

still 9.14 swerve? when does tracking show up?

Raimel Tapia was born to hit baseballs
gunshowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:20 AM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Final count of 22 members participating in the full case of Marquee in August. Hopefully it doesn't get pushed back any further. I have asked swerve to double check the numbers and will post payment amounts when he responds.

Sounds like snake draft is the popular vote for the additional hits. Will need to get a random list once everyone involved in the extra boxes is paid up. Hopefully 08/31/11 will hold as the new release date.
ok so, are we doing the snake draft for the extra box's. stupid question if so, how does this work i have never done one before
colby2611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:37 PM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by colby2611 View Post
ok so, are we doing the snake draft for the extra box's. stupid question if so, how does this work i have never done one before
We need to do a random of all 22 members putting in extra money for the full case. Any hits/base from unclaimed teams will be pooled together as the available draft slots. Then we start picking 1-22 and then 22-1 depending on how money "extra" hits there are.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:39 PM   #89 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Quote:
Soooo ... should I pay for Philly?

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:51 PM   #90 (permalink)

i have no earthly clue what we are doind would someone please shed some light on the situation before the product arrives and we bust a case only to utter confusion

Raimel Tapia was born to hit baseballs
gunshowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:26 AM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunshowboy View Post
i have no earthly clue what we are doind would someone please shed some light on the situation before the product arrives and we bust a case only to utter confusion
I agree. Would like to see who is in/out, paid/unpaid, randomed hit list for unclaimed teams etc. I really just want to know exactly what is going on. Not trying to be rude, just like to be informed.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:29 AM   #92 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

Just got back to Jersey after my trip to Vegas. Lost in terms of what is going on as well. Is the break happening tomorrow night? As far as the snake draft goes, that is pretty self-explanatory. Anything from the unclaimed teams will be listed and we will draft them based on where the randomization puts our names.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:46 AM   #93 (permalink)

From what I understand Swerve is on a business trip until Friday, he will break at that time (post #76). The only person to not pay from my understanding was stevejeltz, but it sounds like mgugs will be picking up another team???? I do think it should only be for the 1st six boxes as he was not included in the price breakdown when we figured it out.

All members are included in the first 6 boxes, all hits from their respective teams will go to the owner (this is what the club fee of $45 is going to). This includes the teams that were won via silent auction.

All of the members that agreed to pay additional funds will be a part of the next 6 boxes. The hits from their team again will go to their respective teams. Those members that did not pay extra as well as the unclaimed teams will be the extra draftable hits. A random will be done at some point and we will start drafting all of the unclaimed hits. The list of teams that are unclaimed for the additional 6 boxes is (list is in post #1 of this thread for Marquee and TTT):

Chicago White Sox, Oakland A's, Houston Astros, SF Giants, TB Rays, Phillies (unless new owner is in for full case), KC Royals, Arizona D-backs.

So the random needs to be done yet for the additional hits and we need to decide prior to the break which are the 6 boxes for the group and which are the 6 boxes for the additional as these should be packed in (2) 6 box inner cases. If it matters???

Last edited by gergs1134; 09-13-2011 at 06:18 AM.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:50 AM   #94 (permalink)

Just a reminder that TTT will quickly follow Marquee. Swerve stated payments would be due around 09/21/11. This will be the $45 for Sept as well extra for the additional 9 box case. Extra case price 1625.00/24 members= 67.71.

Approximate payment for TTT will be 117.00 (this is only an estimate) for those involved in the full case and $45 for those only participating in the first 9 box case.

Last edited by gergs1134; 09-13-2011 at 02:04 AM. Reason: I added wrong
Old 09-13-2011, 02:10 AM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruvydsb View Post
I'd like a vote for 2011 Bowman Chrome for October. Would be nice to have a prospect product after two veteran products (Marquee & TTT).
I think we should do a case of 2011 Bowman Chrome AND a case of 2011 Topps Chrome in October. We have the funds to do it without adding anything to the monthly fee.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:11 AM   #96 (permalink)

i'm good with that
colby2611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:46 PM   #97 (permalink)

Sorry guys I will do my best to get things laid out later today. As Mike said I am on a business trip and won't be home until Friday so that is when we will break.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:52 PM   #98 (permalink)

any open teams?
JDK16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:12 PM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
Just a reminder that TTT will quickly follow Marquee. Swerve stated payments would be due around 09/21/11. This will be the $45 for Sept as well extra for the additional 9 box case. Extra case price 1625.00/24 members= 67.71.

Approximate payment for TTT will be 117.00 (this is only an estimate) for those involved in the full case and $45 for those only participating in the first 9 box case.
This is accurate if the new owner of Philly agrees to participate in full 18 box.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:15 AM   #100 (permalink)

For Marquee, how will we handle a redemption for a player who has been on multiple teams? Marquee has been using multiple teams per player. I have seen Reggie Jackson cards for NYY, Balt and Oakland. I would propose a random of all teams that player has been on. Sounds like a pain, but I can't imagine we'd get more than a couple that fit this mold. Any thoughts?