Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Join New Group Breaks Here

Join New Group Breaks Here Hosts post new group breaks here. Participants post here to reserve a spot.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2011, 02:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
gergs1134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,977
Default Baseball Club #1 August Break

Marquee is due out 08/24/11. The club will be doing a 6 box case. Below is the list I have of all responders as to whether they want to pay additional funds for the additional 6 boxes. Please refer to the list and if I have made a mistake or you have changed your mind, post in the thread. But please do so in the next few days so we can set this in stone I don't want to be changing the numbers around any more than I have to, but the more the merrier. I am not sure if Swerve has put a down payment on the case, but it is at 1999.95 right now for the 12 box case.

We have 22 right now that wish to do the additional 6 boxes.

12 box case 1999.95-
6 box case 1009.95
----------------------
990.00 owed by 22 members = $47.50 (I added in paypal fees and about $1 extra for shipping, but someone please check my numbers) Can increase shipping if people think it is needed.

47.50 + 45.00(monthly dues)= 92.50 owed by those wanting to do the full case. All others will only owe the $45 monthly dues.

We also need more input as to what to do with unclaimed team hits and base for the additional 6 boxes. I propose we have a random list made with the owners names prior to the break and go down the list. As the unclaimed team cards (whether base or hit) get pulled, they go to the next name on the list. Once the list is gone through (If it does) then we just start all over again.

This is what i have as the list for teams:
Claimed:
Team Username (add funds for 12 box case Marquee August)
Nationals - Rambel (yes)
Pirates - pskell02 (yes)
Yankees - upsbroker06 (yes)
Red Sox - mgugs46 (yes)
Cardinals - swerve (yes)
SF Giants - mwolfson22 (no)
Twins - alsjunk2002 (yes)
Brewers - sd_navarre (yes)
Rangers - slugger82685 (yes)
Rays - meyer9977 (no)
Phillies - mgugs (no)
Reds - Guru (yes)
Orioles - mgugs46 (yes)
Braves - gergs1134 (yes)
Royals - Straw44 (no)
Marlins - mgugs46 (yes)
Tigers - iluvfish2 (yes)
Indians - Bum Dawg (yes)
Mariners - Straw44 (yes)
Rockies - RckyMtCollector (yes)
Dodgers - Houdini (yes)
Mets- Bruvydsb (yes)
Blue Jays- colby2611 (yes)
D-Backs - cardinalscards4 (no)
Cubs- trubear (yes)
LA Angels- HighCheese4U (yes)
Padres-gunshowboy (yes)

Unclaimed:

White Sox
Athletics
Astros


Back ups:

Twins - stumpfreeman
Rays - rjs83
Brewers - meyer9977 (will drop Rays for Brewers)
Phillies - hmmdecloth
Reds - cincyboy
Rangers - rambel
Braves - sd_navarre, JDK
Cardinals -thatkidbilly, cardinalscards4
Yankees- YanksBillsFan, thatkidbilly
Dodgers- JDK
Royals- barob
Orioles- Beardy, teodesserts

Please send payments for June to ds0023@yahoo.com

Yes for additional funds 2011 TTT (24): Rambel, Pskell, upsbroker, mgugs (3 teams), swerve, mwolfson, alsjunk, slugger82685, meyer9977, stevejeltz, guru, gergs1134, Straw44 (1 team), iluvfish2, bum dawg, houdini, gunshowboy, highcheese4u, trubear, bruvydsb, colby2611, sd_navarre.

No for additional funds for 2011 TTT (3): straw44 (1 team), RckyMtCollector, cardinalscards

Rollover through July $1026.68 (+200 down payment for TTT)

Last edited by gergs1134; 09-20-2011 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Dues change +1
gergs1134 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Moderator
 
iluvfish2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lansing, Michigan
Posts: 22,302
Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2
Default

Make me a yes...I'll get payment in shortly.

As for the extra cards - I do like this idea since this would be of the members that paid the extra for the extra boxes

Quote:
I propose we have a random list made with the owners names prior to the break and go down the list. As the unclaimed team cards (whether base or hit) get pulled, they go to the next name on the list. Once the list is gone through (If it does) then we just start all over again.
edit - payment sent 08-01-11 @ 2106
__________________
Blowouts Resident Wade Boggs Super Collector
iluvfish2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
BlowoutTV
 
houdini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: East Coast
Posts: 19,426
Default

Hi, I am not sure I understand how the list would work. I would want an equal chance at an unclaimed hit - I would not want to land a base lot... would we be able to split up the unclaimed teams equally (within reason) somehow?

I guess what I mean is, say unclaimed team #1 gets three hits and unclaimed team #2 gets no hits. I would prefer that three different people get those three hits as opposed to one person getting the three hits and another person getting the team with no hits. See what I mean?

We could collect all the unclaimed hits and then random them or assign them per hit as fairly as possible. (all hits/participants) Then we could break up the base so that each person in the second half of the case gets something... (all base/participants)
__________________
Ustream Link
Breakers.TV Link
houdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
rambel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,185
Default

Please change me to a Yes for additional funds.
__________________
Always looking for current Texas Rangers relics / Autos
rambel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
gunshowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Stonewall, LA
Posts: 8,066
Default

Quote:
We could collect all the unclaimed hits and then random them or assign them per hit as fairly as possible. (all hits/participants) Then we could break up the base so that each person in the second half of the case gets something... (all base/participants)
i vote for this -- collect all the hits and randomize them. i dont collect base cards so i have no interest in them
__________________

Raimel Tapia was born to hit baseballs
gunshowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 1,261
Default

My extra fund choices are accurate. I'm fairly indifferent on the unclaimed teams, so I'd be fine with the suggested idea.
__________________
Darryl PC: photobucket.com/DarrylStrawberryPC
Interesting Things for Trade: photobucket.com/straw44Trade
Straw44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
gergs1134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,977
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
Hi, I am not sure I understand how the list would work. I would want an equal chance at an unclaimed hit - I would not want to land a base lot... would we be able to split up the unclaimed teams equally (within reason) somehow?

I guess what I mean is, say unclaimed team #1 gets three hits and unclaimed team #2 gets no hits. I would prefer that three different people get those three hits as opposed to one person getting the three hits and another person getting the team with no hits. See what I mean?

We could collect all the unclaimed hits and then random them or assign them per hit as fairly as possible. (all hits/participants) Then we could break up the base so that each person in the second half of the case gets something... (all base/participants)
I hear what you're saying, but with 20 people so far wanting to participate, it is impossible to distribute the unclaimed teams, so we have to distribute the hits/#'d cards/base. There is no guarantee that we will even get enough unclaimed team hits/base to get through a random of 20 people once. My guess is we will, but can't say for sure. The random prior to the break would be the chance, the cards would come out as they fall.

We could knock out the base and just random the hits/#'d cards, but again, maybe not everyone would get something. Then do the base separately.

Looking for other ideas as well, we have a couple weeks to hash this out, then we can use the same idea for the TTT break.

Last edited by gergs1134; 08-02-2011 at 12:59 AM.
gergs1134 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:39 AM   #8 (permalink)
BlowoutTV
 
houdini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: East Coast
Posts: 19,426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gergs1134 View Post
I hear what you're saying, but with 20 people so far wanting to participate, it is impossible to distribute the unclaimed teams, so we have to distribute the hits/#'d cards/base. There is no guarantee that we will even get enough unclaimed team hits/base to get through a random of 20 people once. My guess is we will, but can't say for sure. The random prior to the break would be the chance, the cards would come out as they fall.

We could knock out the base and just random the hits/#'d cards, but again, maybe not everyone would get something. Then do the base separately.

Looking for other ideas as well, we have a couple weeks to hash this out, then we can use the same idea for the TTT break.
Ok, so my recommendation is to wait until after the break and then create 20 (or whatever # we end up with) lots that are as equal as possible. Some would clearly be better (autos and rare hits) whereas others would be base lots that are as nice as can be managed... you see what I mean?

In the event that we can create a lot that includes a hit/relic/rare card for everyone, that would be ideal.

Anyway, I think I understand now. Thanks!
__________________
Ustream Link
Breakers.TV Link
houdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
gergs1134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,977
Default

I would prefer to do a snake draft of all unclaimed team cards (including base), but that didn't seem to get much support. So whatever the majority that respond think.
gergs1134 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:58 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
sd_navarre's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,163
Default

I actually like the draft idea. It's not like we are rushed for time and this way each person has some say as to what they are going to receive.
__________________
Collecting: John Navarre Auto's
sd_navarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:18 AM   #11 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
mgugs46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,081
Send a message via AIM to mgugs46
Default

I like the draft idea as well. Random the list, and then draft the hits.
__________________
Buying rare 90's inserts of Pedro Martinez, Nomar Garciaparra and other Red Sox/star players

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:46 AM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
guru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Central, KY
Posts: 16,053
Default

I will agree with whatever the majority wants to do.
__________________
Follow me on Twitter - @ebayguruEric

Now Collecting: Ken Griffey Jr. & Kevin Garnett
guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
BlowoutTV
 
houdini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: East Coast
Posts: 19,426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_navarre View Post
I actually like the draft idea. It's not like we are rushed for time and this way each person has some say as to what they are going to receive.
Yep, good points. Snake draft makes a lot of sense!
__________________
Ustream Link
Breakers.TV Link
houdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:54 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
alsjunk2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 809
Default

Draft sounds good to me as well
alsjunk2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Bruvydsb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,512
Default

I have had a change of heart and am in for the 12 box case of Marquee
Bruvydsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:52 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
gunshowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Stonewall, LA
Posts: 8,066
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru View Post
I will agree with whatever the majority wants to do.
repeat that for me
__________________

Raimel Tapia was born to hit baseballs
gunshowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:40 PM   #17 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: AUSTIN, TX
Posts: 2,957
Default

just want to make sure I am clear - are u guys suggesting that we do one of the individual player or card draft things like they do for Bowman products all of the time?


i have no problems with the idea but what happens if there are checklist changes of some sort?
__________________
checkoutmycards.com/users/0023
swerve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:45 PM   #18 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
mgugs46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,081
Send a message via AIM to mgugs46
Default

No, I think they are talking about post break, having a snake draft for whatever the leftover hits are - ie, those not assigned to any of the people in on the extra boxes.
__________________
Buying rare 90's inserts of Pedro Martinez, Nomar Garciaparra and other Red Sox/star players

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:02 PM   #19 (permalink)
BlowoutTV
 
houdini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: East Coast
Posts: 19,426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post
No, I think they are talking about post break, having a snake draft for whatever the leftover hits are - ie, those not assigned to any of the people in on the extra boxes.
Yep, this is what I mean.
__________________
Ustream Link
Breakers.TV Link
houdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:05 PM   #20 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: AUSTIN, TX
Posts: 2,957
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post
No, I think they are talking about post break, having a snake draft for whatever the leftover hits are - ie, those not assigned to any of the people in on the extra boxes.
ah, got it
__________________
checkoutmycards.com/users/0023
swerve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:29 AM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Highcheese4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,751
Default

I'll go along with the majority on this.
Highcheese4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:59 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
gergs1134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,977
Default

After PM'ing Swerve, we are going to set a deadline for being included in the additional 6 boxes of Marquee of 08/07/11 at midnight. Just want to get the payment information set up and at that time we will know the exact extra that will be included.
gergs1134 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:33 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
cardinalscards4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,679
Default

I Might change my mind on the extra funds for TTT. How long do I have to make that decision?
__________________
Donate this Easter
cardinalscards4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 03:31 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
gergs1134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,977
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalscards4 View Post
I Might change my mind on the extra funds for TTT. How long do I have to make that decision?
Probably early-mid Sept sometime.
gergs1134 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 02:42 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: connecticut
Posts: 471
Default

here we ago again. Marquee pushed back to august 31
colby2611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.