Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Join New Group Breaks Here

Join New Group Breaks Here Hosts post new group breaks here. Participants post here to reserve a spot.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2011, 11:45 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natsfan82 View Post
Yeah I've heard he was ridiculously hard to get. I've sent a card and a ball to him and nothing. Hopefully one day though.
It's not that hard if you know what you are doing. The trouble I had, I've never asked for an autograph before. So I didn't know where to stand. I didn't know what time to arrive. Etc. The tricks of the trade.

Also, I caught him between his time in Hagerstown and Harrisburg. So timing was really critical for me. Once I figured out what I was doing, it's all about being in the right place at the right time. Harper has a little bit of a routine. He tends to go for the kids, but will sign for adults too.

Anyway, I'm all about the chase. I think a lot people play it down "Oh..a grown man is asking some kid for his autograph." or "You're just going to sell that ball on ebay." But honestly, when I set my mind on something, I pursue it till the end. By the time I actually got the graph, I didn't even care about the actual ball. I just cared about accomplishing what I set out to do. And having a lot of fun in the process. I've found a new love for minor league games. I had never even been to a minor league game before in my entire life (30+ years). Now I plan to go whenever I get a chance...and bring my kids with me. I can honestly say I have more fun at a minor league game then at a major league game...AND it's cheaper for good seats!!!
pakman916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:33 AM   #77 (permalink)

I would do football breaks only if that's ok
aandbcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:55 AM   #78 (permalink)

Yeah minor league games are great. We go see the Pelicans play whenever we can and I can't wait until my little girl gets old enough to enjoy them.

http://s1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd461/natsfan82/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ20
natsfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:06 AM   #79 (permalink)

when is the next break and the product?
Junebug1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:38 AM   #80 (permalink)

So what are we doing this month?
addicted36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:56 PM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebug1003 View Post
when is the next break and the product?
Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted36 View Post
So what are we doing this month?
The next break will probably be 2011 Bowman Draft Picks. I have 4 cases coming in for myself, but I might just do 2 for myself and 2 for a group break. Haven't decided yet. I need to finish the 2 breaks I currently have open before I can do a third...so the signup won't be up for another week or so. I will PM you all.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:23 AM   #82 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to jfoto757

count me in, I'd like to join.. I'm still a newbie, so I don't really know the products that well, but I don't think theres a better way to learn, so I'm in.. I like baseball, football, basketball, and non-sports. I'm wanting to get in on some 2011 Topps Chrome Football at the moment..hoping you guys bust more of that.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:07 AM   #83 (permalink)

I'll join for football If there is a spot open
nacowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:49 AM   #84 (permalink)

I'd like to join for football only.
matt roberson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:31 PM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfoto757 View Post
count me in, I'd like to join.. I'm still a newbie, so I don't really know the products that well, but I don't think theres a better way to learn, so I'm in.. I like baseball, football, basketball, and non-sports. I'm wanting to get in on some 2011 Topps Chrome Football at the moment..hoping you guys bust more of that.
Welcome to the hobby. Let me know if you need help with anything. I mostly do baseball and football, so I can give you some tips if you need them.

And yes, this is a great way of getting cards without investing heavy. I find that group breaks give you the best bang for the buck. When you buy boxes from a hobby store, you take a huge risk, but when you pay $20-$40 for a group break, you have a good chance of at least getting something you want.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:17 AM   #86 (permalink)

I see you got a decent sized list of reserves for baseball, but I'd still like to get on the reserve list if that is possible. I have never done a group case buy, but it looks interesting and fun.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:49 PM   #87 (permalink)

Im in. Put me on the football reserve list. Thanks
Andy Dalton Auto's
cincyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:27 PM   #88 (permalink)

Please put me on back up slot for football.
pcarr04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:54 PM   #89 (permalink)

I will go in as a reserve for football. Thanks. Looking forward to your future breaks.
"A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers." ~Plato
henacypimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:56 PM   #90 (permalink)

Default The next 2 club breaks!

I just wanted to give you guys a heads up. I'm currently finishing 2 breaks right now, but my next 2 breaks will most likely be:

1) 2011 Bowman Draft Picks and Prospects (2 Cases) Player Draft
- 110 Rookies
- 92 Future Stars (Prospects)
- 18 USA Baseball 16U
- 1 Auto per box/12 per case
plus
- USA Baseball 16U Team Autograph Cards!
- 2011 Futures Game All-Star Patch Cards!
- AFLAC All-American Autograph Cards!
- PLUS BRYCE HARPER Autographed and Autograph Relic Cards!

2) Playoff Contenders Football Player Draft. (2 Cases) Player Draft
**Product info has not been posted yet, but I'll post what was listed from last year**
- 4 Autographs (at least one on-card)
- 1 Parallel
- 2 ROY Contenders
- 2 Draft Class
- 2 Rookie Roll Call
- 2 Legendary Contenders
- 6 Super Bowl Tickets
- 2 Other Insert/Parallels

For BDP, we will probably do a player draft. But here's the twist.

1) Rather than do a straight player draft, here's what's going to happen. I will have 2 list. 1 for the players and 1 for the participants. I'm going to have the mods rand BOTH list. Once the list are set, I'm going to break both list into 2 groups. Group 1 (Draft picks 1-110) will get to draft players that fall 1-110 after the random. Group 2 will draft players that fall 111-220. Both drafts will run simultaneously which should speed up the time it takes to complete the draft.

2) Draft picks will be sold in LOTS. There is no option to buy 1 pick. You will have to buy multiple picks to participate in this draft. Each LOT gets you 4 draft picks. This will help me with shipping cards because I only have to worry about 55 participants. My guess is, a Lot will cost $30ish.

3) There will only be a default draft list. If you are unable to draft, you will default to the master list. The draft will run every day from 12PM-12AM Eastern time. You have 30 minutes to draft. I am going to depend on the group to keep the draft moving along. I will not allow personal draft list to be sent to me.

For Contenders, I'm not really sure how to break it down. I may just do the Autos/Team Lots. It's 4 autos per box, 48 per case, 96 in 2 cases. We'll have to see. But we may do things similar to the BDP above. 96 autos, 100 rookies. Panini is usually pretty good about getting you EXACTLY 1 base set in a box, so I may just bundle the box cards as 1 lot. So pull out the hits and leave the box as a lot. That would put us at 120ish slots. Anyway, we'll have to see what Panini does with Contenders this year.

I'm also debating doing Gold Standard. That's $3000 a case with 15 boxes per case. 3 autos per box plus 2 memorabilia. 30 hits, plus the parallels and others which I would bundle as team lots. 62 total slots. Comes out to roughly $53 per slot (includes shipping and fees).

Anyway, let me know what you think. I should have these 2 breaks finished sometime this week and have the next breaks posted shortly after.

Also, I haven't forgotten about the free boxes. I just haven't had a chance to order them. 1 Box of Bowman Chrome and 1 Box of Topps Chrome Football. I should have them sometime this week.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:58 PM   #91 (permalink)

Default Taking a break...

Hey guys (and gals?),

Just wanted to fill you guys in on this Club.

I originally intended on doing 1 break each month. Then 2 things really hit me hard. My job and my house flooding. My job is keeping me super busy...and when I'm not busy with my job, I'm spent because of my job.

Next, in November, a hose on a water filter in my kitchen popped off while we were out and flooded my main level and basement. I typically do all my card stuff in my den, but the insurance company will be replacing the hardwood on my entire main level. This means I need to move my cards to another location in my house while they are working. Having two kids, this is not going to be easy to find a place where they won't destroy my stuff.

Because of these 2 major events, I am forced to hold off on doing anymore breaks. I expect to have the hardwood replaced in January, so there's a chance we can do something in February, but I'm not going to schedule anything yet since I just don't know how things will be during that time.

Anyway, I'm really sorry folks. It was really hard getting stuff out for the 2 breaks that I was able to pull off in Oct/Nov. Hopefully in February, I'll be better prepared and have more time on my hands.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:14 AM   #92 (permalink)

Default Super Bowl Promo

I've been away for a few weeks, but I love participating in the Blowout Cards Super Bowl Promo every year...I figured we can do a group break in the process.

I just submitted a break to the mods, we'll see what comes back. As promised, the club gets first dibs at reserving slots, so I'm announcing this now. When the break goes to live, I will post your spots. You have 48 hours to respond after I send out the PM (when the break goes live). After which time, I will open the break to non-club members.

Here is the list of club members participating in football:
1. BucksBandit
2. Lexus2903
3. wscws2008
4. sportsamerica
5. mmondayjr
6. spookowl1004
7. Prospect_Man
8. addicted36
9. Orangetree00
10. The700Level
11. padsfan10
12. greenjdo
13. smkelly1
14. doobypenguin
15. jpitten
16. offthecharts
17. possaw
18. Fl916
19. trubear
20. lloydchristmas
21. colby2611
22. bravesballer
23. itsjustcardboar
24. Andrew Jones
25. shsscr
26. jetsmets150
27. Harris2033
28. kukawbubuh19
29. tigerace55
30. lilkeithw
31. mrmike79
32. aandbcards

Here is what I submitted:

I've been away for a while, but I didn't want to miss this year's Super Bowl Promo because they are a lot of fun. Here are the details.

SUPER BOWL PROMO - Sportscardmojo's Club Break #3

2010 Donruss Rated Rookie 5 Case Break - PLAYER RANDOM!!!
Hosted by pakman916 (aka sportscardfanatic aka sportscardmojo)

HIGHLIGHTS:
100 Rookies from the 2010 Draft Class
1 Autograph per box, 20 boxes per case, 5 cases = 100 autos

RANDOM Breakdown:

THIS IS A PLAYER RANDOM. The random will take place before the break. Once all of the slots are filled and paid for, I will have the mods random both the slot list and the player list. As this is a RANDOM, you get what you get and you don't get upset. Of course you can trade or sell your slots.

Super Bowl Promo:
Here's how this is going to work. If we happen to win anything from the promo, it will count as a second break. The only problem we'll have is, there are 100 slots in this break, but there may not be 100 slots in the cases we end up winning. I will have to come up with a way to break it down in a fair way. I'll break this down at the end of this post. If we hit the grand prize, we'll vote on a product. Ideally, we need a product with at least 100 slots and we'll random any extras.

Some other things to note:

- This is a club break, meaning I have the option to participate in the break. Also, club members have first dibs on slots. Once the club member deadline passes, the break will be open to the public.

- I haven't secured 5 cases yet, so there is a possibility that there will not be enough cases for this break. If that happens, the slot prices will be reduced and you will receive fewer cards for the player. Keep in mind, you are guaranteed at least 20 base cards for a player per case. If we get all 5 cases, that's 100 guaranteed base cards. If you check ebay, you'll see that this alone is worth the price of admission. Throw in the possibility to hit a auto and you will be golden.

Cost Breakdown:
Case Price = $249.95 X 5 = $1249.75
# of Slots = 100 Player Slots
Cost Per Slot = $12.50
Shipping w/ Delivery Confirmation = $3.00
Supplies = $1.00
Paypal Fees = $0.80 (2.9% + $0.30)
Total Cost Per Slot = $17.30

$17.30 for the first slot and $16.00 per additional slot.

1 Slot = $17.30
2 Slots = $33.30
3 Slots = $49.30
4 Slots = $65.30
5 Slots = $81.30

Rules/Disclaimers:
1) In the event we pull a high value card, I will require that you pay for upgraded shipping (priority mail, insurance and possibly signature confirmation).

2) I would like to receive payment 48 hours (2 Days) after going active. The faster I get paid, the faster I can do the break. If you do not pay in time, your slots will be giving to members on reserve.

3) Once the break is paid in full, slots and players will be randomized by the MOD.

4) If we are shorted a HIT, I will try to get a replacement. If we have a damaged card, you are responsible for getting it replaced. I will try to help you the best I can, but I make no promises or guarantees.

5) This break will be held live and recorded on one of the web blog sites (UStream, BlogTV, etc). Information will be provided ahead of the break.

7) This is a Club break. The club can be found here: pakman916's SportsCardMojo Break Club - Official Thread!!! You do not have to be a club member to participate, but club members have first dibs. I may have to give up your spot to a club member if the break fills.

If you have any questions, please ask. Thanks all! And good luck!

Here's how I suggest we handle the break if we happen to win one (or more) of the Super Bowl Promo Prizes.

Each person that participates in this break is guaranteed at least 1 spot in the future break. Any participant that has multiple spots in this break will get first dibs at extra slots in future breaks, but in the order of most slots to least. For example, if John has 10 slots, Mark has 8, Kevin as 2 and Chris has 1, John is guaranteed an extra slot. Mark and Kevin will get one if they are still available. John will not qualify for an extra slot since he only had 1 slot in the previous break.

If we have more than 100 slots, everyone will get the same number of slots as they did in this break. All extras will be randomed or we'll do a snake draft.

Also, we'll vote on the "type" of break we do: Player Draft, Hit Draft, Player Random, Team Random, etc.

If we hit the Grand Prize, I'll take a poll on which product(s) to buy. It will be a football product since this is a football themed break.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:52 PM   #93 (permalink)

I am in for 1
The700Level is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:18 PM   #94 (permalink)

im in for 1
tigerace55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:40 PM   #95 (permalink)

Not sure how far we'll get with this. I sent an email to the mods today and they didn't seem to like my idea. I'm not sure why since I see others doing something similar. I think this is a great idea for a break. Maybe I should shrink it down to fewer cases to bring the price point down. Is $17.30 too high? You get 100 base cards and the potential for an auto. Victor Cruze 10 card lot ranges from $10-$20 on ebay. 100 cards breaks down to $100-$200. That's insane. 20 card Tebow lot sold for $100. 100 cards would come out to $500!!!!

Of course, you could end up with some bum, but isn't every break the same?

And don't forget the autos AND the chance to break more stuff if we win one of the prizes.

Hopefully, the mods push this one through. Can't wait.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:22 AM   #96 (permalink)

I think I'm going crazy. I just submitted another break, but this time baseball. Here's what I sent to be approved:

SUPER BOWL PROMO - Sportscardmojo's Club Break #4

09 UD Signature Stars 20 Box Break - HIT DRAFT!
Hosted by pakman916 (aka sportscardfanatic aka sportscardmojo)

HIGHLIGHTS:
4 Memorabilia Cards and Autographs per box (80 Total)
20 boxes of base and inserts
Chance of pulling a case hit! (Too many to mention, please check out the breakdown on BO's site)
2009 Upper Deck Signature Stars Baseball Hobby 20 Box Case - $894.95 : Blowout Cards - Sports Cards and Trading Cards Wholesale Online Store

Hit Breakdown:

- 80 Memorabilia or Autograph Hits
- 20 Boxes of Base and Inserts (You get everything in the box except if it's a Memorabilia or Autograph Hit.)
- Any case hit or extra hit will be added to the 80 guaranteed hits.

100 slots total.

Draft Breakdown:

Once the break is full and everyone has paid, a MOD will random the list 3 times to determine the draft order. The break will be held live. Once the break is over, I will post the hits online for all to see and produce a "default list". The draft will start at a predetermined time. Everyone will be given 30 minutes to draft. Because my work keeps me busy and it's hard for me to get on the forums from work, I ask that everyone be courteous and try to keep the draft moving along. You will be responsible for sending a PM to the next person in the draft. The draft will run from 12PM-12AM Eastern time until all hits have been drafted. If there are cards still left to draft, we will snake back down the draft order until all cards are accounted for. I could really use some help keeping track of everyone's picks, so volunteers are welcome.

Super Bowl Promo:
Here's how this is going to work. If we happen to win anything from the promo, it will count as a second break. The only problem we'll have is, there are 100 slots in this break, but there may not be 100 slots in the cases we end up winning. I will have to come up with a way to break it down in a fair way. I'll break this down at the end of this post. If we hit the grand prize, we'll vote on a product. Ideally, we need a product with at least 100 slots and we'll random any extras.

Also, I am running two different breaks right now. I'd like to keep them separate. Meaning, if the 2 slots we get from this break wins something, we won't be sharing with with the other break. And likewise, if the other break wins something, then they won't be sharing with this break.

Some other things to note:

- This is a club break, meaning I have the option to participate in the break. Also, club members have first dibs on slots. Once the club member deadline passes, the break will be open to the public.

Cost Breakdown:
Case Price = $449.00 X 5 = $898.00
# of Slots = 100 Player Slots
Cost Per Slot = $8.98
Shipping w/ Delivery Confirmation = $2.00
Supplies = $1.00
Paypal Fees = $0.67 (2.9% + $0.30)
Total Cost Per Slot = $12.65

Because I'm not charging extra for shipping the 20 Boxes of Base, I'm going to round out the slot price to $12.50 per slot with no discount for multiple slots.

1 Slot = $12.50
2 Slots = $25.00
3 Slots = $37.50
4 Slots = $50.00
5 Slots = $62.50

Rules/Disclaimers:
1) In the event we pull a high value card, I will ask that you pay for upgraded shipping (priority mail, insurance and possibly signature confirmation).

2) I would like to receive payment 48 hours (2 Days) after going active. The faster I get paid, the faster I can do the break. If you do not pay in time, your slots will be giving to members on reserve.

3) Once the break is paid in full, slots will be randomized by the MOD.

4) This break will be held live and recorded on one of the web blog sites (UStream, BlogTV, etc). Information will be provided ahead of the break.

5) This is a Club break. The club can be found here: pakman916's SportsCardMojo Break Club - Official Thread!!! You do not have to be a club member to participate, but club members have first dibs. I may have to give up your spot to a club member if the break fills.

If you have any questions, please ask. Thanks all! And good luck!
Old 01-19-2012, 01:23 AM   #97 (permalink)
Banned

Don't forget to add me to basketball on the first page.

Thanks
JOHNJOHNNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:15 PM   #98 (permalink)

can you put me down for the Basketball club and reserve for Baseball /Football
Old 01-23-2012, 07:07 PM   #99 (permalink)

Um football.....
RavensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:48 PM   #100 (permalink)

Spot in the Basketball please
cwbennett is offline   Reply With Quote