Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   Join New Group Breaks Here (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/join-new-group-breaks-here/)
-   -   Any willing to start up a 2011 Leaf Rookie Retro Break? (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/join-new-group-breaks-here/219829-any-willing-start-up-2011-leaf-rookie-retro-break.html)

DetectiveChrome 11-16-2011 03:44 PM

Any willing to start up a 2011 Leaf Rookie Retro Break?

I'd start one but the brokerage costs alone from UPS would be over 200 a case! I'd be interested in a slot or two. Thanks!

[url]http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/blowoutcards-product-information-pages-baseball/219040-2011-leaf-rookie-retro.html#post1868957[/url]

DetectiveChrome 11-24-2011 01:04 PM

Bump

Cases will be around 900-950 in price

armyatc22 11-24-2011 02:08 PM

I might possibly do one for like 4-5 cases but do it differently like 1 spot equals 1 team from one of the leagues. So if you have the Yankees spot you get any Yankee pulls. If you have the Cavs spot then u get all the Cavs and so forth. With thier being golf too I would add an additional spot for non baseball, football, basketball, or hockey teams.

So with all 4 major sports and 1 other slot for other sports that's 123 total spots

At $900 per case and getting 4 cases that comes out to a little less then $30 per spot before PayPal fees

With there only being 8 cards per case to equal 32 total cards I won't charge shipping Pre break and then only charge the people that get hits so they can decide on insurance and way they want it shipped.

Thoughts? I know it's a huge risk/reward but still the chance at something nasty for cheap

endthecurse 11-24-2011 02:09 PM

[QUOTE=armyatc22;1898666]I might possibly do one for like 4-5 cases but do it differently like 1 spot equals 1 team from one of the leagues. So if you have the Yankees spot you get any Yankee pulls. If you have the Cavs spot then u get all the Cavs and so forth. With thier being golf too I would add an additional spot for non baseball, football, basketball, or hockey teams.

So with all 4 major sports and 1 other slot for other sports that's 123 total spots

At $900 per case and getting 4 cases that comes out to a little less then $30 per spot before PayPal fees

With there only being 8 cards per case to equal 32 total cards I won't charge shipping Pre break and then only charge the people that get hits so they can decide on insurance and way they want it shipped.

Thoughts? I know it's a huge risk/reward but still the chance at something nasty for cheap[/QUOTE]

We'd need a LOT of folks to participate, but I'd be game for a few spots... great idea.

DetectiveChrome 11-24-2011 02:46 PM

This product has a small niche of followers. I'm not sure how much participation there will be but I guess worth a thread to see the level anyways.

I'm not digging it though. Too many people will be left with nothing.

hmmdecloth 11-24-2011 02:52 PM

I like army's idea. I'd be in for a few spots. I don't see the point of doing a straight case break as there are no case hits, why not just buy a box or a few boxes on your own?

DetectiveChrome 11-24-2011 03:02 PM

No case hit? I didn't read about that. I'm pretty sure it will as they are hand packed.

hmmdecloth 11-24-2011 03:13 PM

I meant no garaunteed case hit, but I see what you mean. I opened 3 cases of the first RRR and couldn't tell you what the "case hits" were, but I would assume that you would count the card with the most value as the case hit, in which case my case hits barely covered the cost of 1 box.

Either way I'm a degenerate so I'd be in for either :)

fitch123 11-24-2011 06:21 PM

I'd be down to start one I love opening this product...I'd probably do it by sport per box, and run a couple cases if possible

prodigylush 12-18-2011 11:30 AM

[QUOTE=fitch123;1899364]I'd be down to start one I love opening this product...I'd probably do it by sport per box, and run a couple cases if possible[/QUOTE]

Interested for sure. Keep me afloat.

mcgoo2 12-18-2011 03:38 PM

[QUOTE=fitch123;1899364]I'd be down to start one I love opening this product...I'd probably do it by sport per box, and run a couple cases if possible[/QUOTE]

By sport as in 4 spots a box? Keep me posted as well

mnvikingstwins 12-18-2011 03:39 PM

Doesn't it have the Valiant autos /25 in each box? Could be randomed between the spots for an incentive.

cowboyzqna 12-18-2011 03:41 PM

Would be a fun break. I would look at a couple of spots.

bookyyyyyy 12-18-2011 03:42 PM

A way to get a large break to fill would be finding a way to get spots under $10 each. Obviously it would be a very high risk, high reward. This would work buy simply filling a large amount of spots and randoming all the cards pulled to members of the break. Not sure if anyone else would be interested in that approach.

phinsfan77 12-18-2011 03:43 PM

earlier this morning i submitted a thread for a case break of this. hopefully it gets approved soon. 20 spots total, one for each sport in each box. roughly 50 per spot.

dachman 12-18-2011 03:57 PM

Here is my idea to keep the slot price low. Each box would have it's own random where instead of randoming teams, you random the grade on the slabbed card. Just need to make sure my little list is inclusive of everything possible you can pull from the product.

This format would make 25 slots a box and a slot would be about $9.50

BGS Authentic
BGS 8 or lower
BGS 8.5
BGS 9
BGS 9.5
BGS 10
BGS Authentic + auto
BGS 8 or lower + auto
BGS 8.5 + auto
BGS 9 + auto
BGS 9.5 + auto
BGS 10 + auto

PSA 6 or lower
PSA 7
PSA 8
PSA 9
PSA 10
PSA Authentic + Auto
PSA 6 or lower + Auto
PSA 7 + Auto
PSA 8 + Auto
PSA 9 + Auto
PSA 10 + Auto

Leaf Metal Auto
Leaf Valiant Auto

fitch123 12-18-2011 04:20 PM

[QUOTE=dachman;1986968]Here is my idea to keep the slot price low. Each box would have it's own random where instead of randoming teams, you random the grade on the slabbed card. Just need to make sure my little list is inclusive of everything possible you can pull from the product.

This format would make 25 slots a box and a slot would be about $9.50

BGS Authentic
BGS 8 or lower
BGS 8.5
BGS 9
BGS 9.5
BGS 10
BGS Authentic + auto
BGS 8 or lower + auto
BGS 8.5 + auto
BGS 9 + auto
BGS 9.5 + auto
BGS 10 + auto

PSA 6 or lower
PSA 7
PSA 8
PSA 9
PSA 10
PSA Authentic + Auto
PSA 6 or lower + Auto
PSA 7 + Auto
PSA 8 + Auto
PSA 9 + Auto
PSA 10 + Auto

Leaf Metal Auto
Leaf Valiant Auto[/QUOTE]

This is a cool idea^^^

I sent in a break set-up by box w/ spots each corresponding to a different division in each of the major sports, then a spot for other sports and the purple auto.

total ended up being $8.50 per spot.

If anyone wants to run a 4-way snake hit-draft on this stuff, let me know :devil: :)!

prodigylush 12-18-2011 05:52 PM

[QUOTE=fitch123;1987073]This is a cool idea^^^

I sent in a break set-up by box w/ spots each corresponding to a different division in each of the major sports, then a spot for other sports and the purple auto.

If anyone wants to run a 4-way snake hit-draft on this stuff, let me know :devil: :)![/QUOTE]

How much would the 4-way snake break cost per guy?

mnvikingstwins 12-18-2011 05:53 PM

[QUOTE=fitch123;1987073]This is a cool idea^^^

If anyone wants to run a 4-way snake hit-draft on this stuff, let me know :devil: :)![/QUOTE]

How many players are in the Leaf checklist? Split those up so it's not a guaranteed card, and get it down to $6 or so

fitch123 12-18-2011 11:35 PM

[QUOTE=prodigylush;1987482]How much would the 4-way snake break cost per guy?[/QUOTE]

930/4 = $232.50

+ 7.27 paypal

$239.75

+ actual shipping fees after hits are drafted... $2.50 or so + whatever insurance/sig confirm each participant wants

mcgoo2 12-19-2011 10:52 PM

[QUOTE=phinsfan77;1986912]earlier this morning i submitted a thread for a case break of this. hopefully it gets approved soon. 20 spots total, one for each sport in each box. roughly 50 per spot.[/QUOTE]

I actually like this idea quite a bit. Is it posted somewhere?

phinsfan77 12-20-2011 03:56 PM

not posted yet, still waiting for approval

kajshack 12-21-2011 03:48 PM

I submitted one last night that probably won't fly, but it's super cheap. Low risk/high reward.
I counted 771 different cards on the checklist. Each card would be a draftable slot (making 771 total slots). Many of the cards have multiple copies included in the product. So if you drafted the Graded 1982 Topps Traded Cal Ripken slot, you'd get any/all of the graded 1982 Topps Traded Cal Ripkens pulled in the break. You wouldn't get the Ripkens from other sets, or the buyback Ripken autos, as those would be their own unique slot.

I submitted it for four cases, which makes each slot about $5 before shipping. Shipping would only be charged for those who actually received a card(s) in the break. I'd random the Valiant/Metal cards amongst the participants who didn't hit a card in the break. Only 32 slots would receive a card out of the 771, so I'm counting on most of the participants to take 10 slots or more.

Obviously some of the bigger cards have already been pulled but it's hard to track that (you can't just Ebay search for 2011 Rookie Retro to see what's been pulled from the product), so you'd have to do some research on the boards to find out what's already been pulled. This is the ultimate risk/reward break. We'll see if there's any interest once the break gets approved.

fitch123 12-21-2011 04:13 PM

[QUOTE=kajshack;1998637]I submitted one last night that probably won't fly, but it's super cheap. Low risk/high reward.
I counted 771 different cards on the checklist. Each card would be a draftable slot (making 771 total slots). Many of the cards have multiple copies included in the product. So if you drafted the Graded 1982 Topps Traded Cal Ripken slot, you'd get any/all of the graded 1982 Topps Traded Cal Ripkens pulled in the break. You wouldn't get the Ripkens from other sets, or the buyback Ripken autos, as those would be their own unique slot.

I submitted it for four cases, which makes each slot about $5 before shipping. Shipping would only be charged for those who actually received a card(s) in the break. I'd random the Valiant/Metal cards amongst the participants who didn't hit a card in the break. Only 32 slots would receive a card out of the 771, so I'm counting on most of the participants to take 10 slots or more.

Obviously some of the bigger cards have already been pulled but it's hard to track that (you can't just Ebay search for 2011 Rookie Retro to see what's been pulled from the product), so you'd have to do some research on the boards to find out what's already been pulled. This is the ultimate risk/reward break. We'll see if there's any interest once the break gets approved.[/QUOTE]

Great idea, except a 771 spot draft is absolutely insane. :eek:

mnvikingstwins 12-21-2011 04:15 PM

[QUOTE=fitch123;1998736]Great idea, except a 771 spot draft is absolutely insane. :eek:[/QUOTE]

Would probably be much more realistic to just random them