Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Join New Group Breaks Here

Join New Group Breaks Here Hosts post new group breaks here. Participants post here to reserve a spot.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2012, 11:33 AM   #51 (permalink)

I agree with a lot of the stuff addicted has said. We can decide to leave out a total of 4 teams every month, but those teams should be picked after we pick the product. Maybe have a poll inserted into our product description? We could select 5-10 teams to always be in the possible out list, and everyone must vote by the second day of the product being posted, or we just go with the votes that have been given....just my thoughts!
Old 01-13-2012, 11:35 AM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthomas View Post
I vote to leave them all in, that way we don't have to vote every month on what team or teams to take out. Plus it leave us with $1600 every month to spend.
Problem with that is your almost guaranteeing that 4 or 5 people will be skunked each month. If its a rookie heavy product who wants the Seahawks, Bucs, Bills, Jets, or Bears when the best rookie would be Dareus or Powell? And the Bears Seahawks and Bucs usually have no rookies at all signing? No one

http://s775.beta.photobucket.com/user/alexladue/library/

Damn The Hard Times. Enjoy The Good Times!
addicted36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:38 AM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted36 View Post
Problem with that is your almost guaranteeing that 4 or 5 people will be skunked each month. If its a rookie heavy product who wants the Seahawks, Bucs, Bills, Jets, or Bears when the best rookie would be Dareus or Powell? And the Bears Seahawks and Bucs usually have no rookies at all signing? No one
bears you are looking at loaded with vets signing so once again I would think it depends on product etc.. if you do something from 2010 Bills and bucs both had good rookies that sell once again depends on product

Trying to put together Brandon Lafell's Name have an L, A,F, E help please
Always looking for New England sports teams autos and patches
Jordan Todman supercollector!!!
los421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:40 AM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by los421 View Post
bears you are looking at loaded with vets signing so once again I would think it depends on product etc.. if you do something from 2010 Bills and bucs both had good rookies that sell once again depends on product
I agree I was just saying that about the 2011 football. It really depends on the product we go with. Each years different and we can go off the checklists to determine the teams left out. And with the idea that we random off the hits from the left off teams to anyone not getting anything we can't lose imo

Old 01-13-2012, 11:41 AM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
so would everyone still have to pay 50? how would that work? if you are taking 4 or 5 teams thats a $80 or $100? What would those people's money go to? is that like if someone needs a month off due to financial issues or something?

Trying to put together Brandon Lafell's Name have an L, A,F, E help please
Always looking for New England sports teams autos and patches
Jordan Todman supercollector!!!
los421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:41 AM   #56 (permalink)
Banned

i THINK THE LEAVING A COUPLE TEAMS OUT EACH MONTH IS OK, WITH ANY OF THOSE TEAMS HITS RANDOM OFF AMONGST THOSE WHO DIDN'T GET ANYTHING. I WOULD ALSO AT LEAST LIKE TO GET BASE CARDS IF I DIDN'T END UP GETTING ANYTHING AT ALL IN A MONTH.
JOHNJOHNNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:52 AM   #57 (permalink)

I see the first little glitch has arisen so maybe we should just leave all teams in to make it easier and smoother for all involved. One less thing to worry about I just am worried about people getting nothing and complaining like the other group but that is the gamble we all decide when we buy cardboard now isn't it lol.
lexus2903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:59 AM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexus2903 View Post
I see the first little glitch has arisen so maybe we should just leave all teams in to make it easier and smoother for all involved. One less thing to worry about I just am worried about people getting nothing and complaining like the other group but that is the gamble we all decide when we buy cardboard now isn't it lol.
I Agree, we could go round and round for years.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:03 PM   #59 (permalink)

I would be in if you leave every team in...group breaks are a random chance
Richard2276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:05 PM   #60 (permalink)

So I am going to shoot down leaving out any teams sorry guys. Just seems too much of a hassle and the options are endless. Again, still worried about people getting shut out though. Do we each want to donate an auto or jersey card a piece so nobody gets their feelings hurt like the TD group did? Just looking to bypass any issues down the road.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:16 PM   #61 (permalink)

I'm down for that, and if it's high end those with no hits could get base as well.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:46 PM   #62 (permalink)

Ok.. Here is a thought.. Limit to 20 people ($1,000 a month). Pick the product to bust.. Do a random of names and the 32 teams. That will leave 12 teams "unassigned".. Run a silent auction for these teams, in which the money spent on these teams will roll into the next months break..

you could do this with 20/25 teams etc...

As far as peoples feeling getting hurt about not getting anything, that is part of the risk of doing these breaks, you win some you lose some. this isn't grade school.
sportsamerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:51 PM   #63 (permalink)

I understand what you are saying but not sure people really want to do roll over due to the TD break. I agree about people's feelings but we knew that going into the TD break and seems more and more people complained about not hitting anything. Not sure I like the random/auction deal as I would rather have 32 good committed people in the break for a 12 month period possibly longer if all is working out.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:53 PM   #64 (permalink)

i think the best (an easiest) way to do it is just have 32 members, $50 each...that gives us $1600 per month which can buy plenty of nice product. dont start leaving out teams or anything like that. as for someone not getting any hits, its the risk they take by joining a team random group break...however, i wouldnt mind the idea of everyone pitching in like 1 jersey or auto card for this purpose specifically

My bucket: http://s1096.photobucket.com/home/mmondayjr/index
mmondayjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:54 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
So I am going to shoot down leaving out any teams sorry guys. Just seems too much of a hassle and the options are endless. Again, still worried about people getting shut out though. Do we each want to donate an auto or jersey card a piece so nobody gets their feelings hurt like the TD group did? Just looking to bypass any issues down the road.
I'm good with whatever the group picks. But the case about people getting shut out, i don't think that shoud be a problem b/c when people sign up for box/case breaks on here all the time they know no matter if there are teams taken out or not the still is a chance that they can get shut out with a team that has a ton of hits in that certain product but yet they still sign up all the time. We all know the hobby is a gamble sometimes.
About to start a Patrick Peterson Collection
tthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:57 PM   #66 (permalink)

I agree tthomas but we knew that in the TD break but it wore on people spending $50 each month to get nothing or minimal hits. That's why I brought up the idea of pitching in a jersey or auto or 2 for people who get shut out. Just a suggestion.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:08 PM   #67 (permalink)

All teams works for me. I like the idea of people throwing in something to the folks not getting anything. How about this. The hits each month get ranked by our organizer and the people who get the best hits agree to send something to the people who didn't get anything. Say I was one of the people who got a top hit..then I get matched up with someone who didn't hit anything. I would send them something. The better the thing I send them the more likely it comes back to me, karma at work here fellas. Good begets good.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:20 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
I agree tthomas but we knew that in the TD break but it wore on people spending $50 each month to get nothing or minimal hits. That's why I brought up the idea of pitching in a jersey or auto or 2 for people who get shut out. Just a suggestion.
I still don't know about that. We are saying give the something from our PC if we are the lucky ones getting the big hit?

People don't ask for something in regular group breaks if they don't hit anything. (at least i don't)

I say we find 32 members that are willing to spend $50 a month and are in for all 12 months no matter if they hit something or not. IMO, This is a risk that we take.

But like i said, i'm good with whatever the group wants, but as long a we vote on it.
About to start a Patrick Peterson Collection
tthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:45 PM   #69 (permalink)

I would be down for 32 teams randomized. I see what ur are saying about people not getting hits but that is a risk you take in a group break.

http://s1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd519/popmaz/?start=20
popmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:48 PM   #70 (permalink)

We could limit the Group to 28 Participants with designated spots that we would random to decide the draft order and hold a Draft each month which will at least give the members some control of what team they get. If a team that was not chosen gets a Hit then those hits will be randomized between the people that went hit-less in the break.

We can get the draft done with in Two Days especially if we are strict about what ever time limit we enforce and I think its a Win Win.

I dont believe that anyone should send anything to anyone that went hit-less since this is a gamble and everyone has an equal chance at getting something.

I like the $50.00 Buy in which it seems like is set in stone and if we do the draft no teams are actually being omitted....they just are not getting chosen for that months break.

What do you guys think?
NFL: Brock Osweiler ~ Teddy Bridgewater ~ Green Bay Packers
pico04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:49 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
I think we should do the teams left out when we decide what we are breaking based off the checklists. What we think today wont be what we think in June right? And anyone thinking that the Redskins suck let me point you guys to this one I sold this week

Ryan Kerrigan 2011 RC Auto #'d 1/1 Platinum Super Refractor Redskins LB RARE SP | eBay

Not trying to brag just saying there is value with the Skins. Also here is one I bought myself:

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Of course those were 1/1's but value is definitely there my friends with the Skins

Homer!.....

No but I do agree....Roster and Helu are not names that I thought about when going over the Team list and I love Kerrigan so the Skins are good from a collectors point of view.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:09 PM   #72 (permalink)

Interesting pico not sure people are going to want to draft though as the consensus from just about everyone has been random.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Interesting pico not sure people are going to want to draft though as the consensus from just about everyone has been random.

Essentially it would be Random....Well Randomized Slots that would then decide the Picking order...

I know for me that if I didn't have a top Pick then I would definitely choose a PC Team as would addicted with his beloved Redskins....

Just an idea....Im good for what ever you decide/the group decides

I would rather omit teams each month to better the chances of the group in regards to everyone hitting something or limiting the hit-less streak that someone might have with all 32 Teams.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #74 (permalink)

What does everyone think of Pico's idea or suggestion??
Old 01-13-2012, 03:13 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
What does everyone think of Pico's idea or suggestion??
I like it, cuz if I didn't get a top pick, I would choose my beloved TEXANS. This way the 4 teams not taken would be the teams that no one wanted and there wouldn't have to be a vote of which teams got taken out.
joestyl is offline   Reply With Quote