Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Join New Group Breaks Here

Join New Group Breaks Here Hosts post new group breaks here. Participants post here to reserve a spot.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2012, 12:04 AM   #101 (permalink)

I'm in for the $50 and however everyone else wants to do it is fine by me.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:25 AM   #102 (permalink)

Looks like we are filling up....NICE!
NFL: Green Bay Packers
pico04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:31 AM   #103 (permalink)

1st let me thanks pico04 for putting this out there for people to come along. Greatly appreciated, thank you.
Updated to this point. Please check the 1st post and if you are missing info please foward along what your opinion is so I can post it. dhcollecting brought up another option in making it 29 slots so we can an additional $50 and that 29 slot gets the 4 teams left out. Your opinions on this??
Also, it seems we are split on the base aspect as well. We need to come to some sort of conclusion.
Might be time for people to start throwing ideas out of what they would like to break as we are getting closer to being full. PM's have been sent to the 2 maybe's so hopefully we will know one way or another with them.
lexus2903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:20 PM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexus2903 View Post
1st let me thanks pico04 for putting this out there for people to come along. Greatly appreciated, thank you.
Updated to this point. Please check the 1st post and if you are missing info please foward along what your opinion is so I can post it. dhcollecting brought up another option in making it 29 slots so we can an additional $50 and that 29 slot gets the 4 teams left out. Your opinions on this??
Also, it seems we are split on the base aspect as well. We need to come to some sort of conclusion.
Might be time for people to start throwing ideas out of what they would like to break as we are getting closer to being full. PM's have been sent to the 2 maybe's so hopefully we will know one way or another with them.
Your welcome....Im just anxious to get this going!

LETS GET SOME MORE INPUT!
Old 01-16-2012, 06:33 PM   #105 (permalink)

pm sent, sorry guys cant commit to a full 12.. best of luck hope you have better luck then we did before. If anyone drops out and you need a filler for a month or 2 lmk.

Trying to put together Brandon Lafell's Name have an L, A,F, E help please
Always looking for New England sports teams autos and patches
Jordan Todman supercollector!!!
los421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:36 PM   #106 (permalink)

If we pull something high end I would like my base....Here are a few ideas for a first break:
Prime
2011 Topps Prime Football Hobby 12 Box Case - $1,394.95 : Blowout Cards - Sports Cards and Trading Cards Wholesale Online Store
Supreme
2011 Topps Supreme Football Hobby 16 Box Case - $1,394.90 : Blowout Cards - Sports Cards and Trading Cards Wholesale Online Store
TTT
2011 Topps Triple Threads Football Hobby 9 Box Case - $1,474.90 : Blowout Cards - Sports Cards and Trading Cards Wholesale Online Store

Not sure exactly where we will be at with our funds but I figured this was a good ball park.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:51 PM   #107 (permalink)

With 28 we would be at $1400....With 29 we would be at $1450 (Before PP Fees)
Old 01-17-2012, 10:52 AM   #108 (permalink)

1. $50.00 Works w/ a commitment of 12 Months
2. I will participate if we have a Monthly Team Random.
3. Ship all including base. I will pay extra for shipping if necessary.
4. Participants vote at the beginning of the Month for which Case/Boxes we are gonna bust with the Majority Vote Deciding The Break.
5. We Use all the Funds possible with very little rolling over

Always looking for vintage graded cards
maculay75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:29 AM   #109 (permalink)

Quote:
dhcollecting brought up another option in making it 29 slots so we can an additional $50 and that 29 slot gets the 4 teams left out. Your opinions on this??
Great idea! To me this satisfies the people wanting to include all 32 teams in the break and the people wanting just 28 teams per month. I actually love this idea and it helps buy more product having 1450 than just 1400.

Quote:
My opinion is this...It costs usually no more then $3 per person to ship per team per break if that (usually $1.75 with paypal shipping). So if shipping is included in anything we hit then really how much more to ship out those base cards per team for anyone that wants them? Probably no more then $2 if you go with the high estimate. If I were you I would just leave it up to each member and say the person who wants them should have to pay $2 more to ship the base cards out if they want it.

I know that would hit your pocket to send them out. I know I would keep them if I could. My LCS gives me a rate for football cards from this year at a 3000 count card box they would give me $30. Considering we are talking about opening cases here your looking at getting some cash for those cards. I get your hesitation for not wanting to ship those out but it should be as simple as if we want to pay for them then the options there. If not then they are yours. Personally unless I hit certain teams I don't want them. Some teams (Cowboys, New England, Packers, Redskins, etc.) I will some I want. But it should be up to the members to decide that

Quote:
I'm down with whatever is clever with a very strong emphasis on 2011 product. Hope this helps

http://s775.beta.photobucket.com/user/alexladue/library/

Damn The Hard Times. Enjoy The Good Times!
addicted36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:21 PM   #110 (permalink)

Bumping it up will update when I get home this evening we are almost there guys lets keep them coming.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:23 PM   #111 (permalink)

*** UPDATED TO THIS POINT***
It looks like we have 24 strong so we still need another 5 if we go with the 29 slot idea. Some people haven't given their opinions yet either. Will be sending out another PM in the next day or two for definites in as some people haven't contacted since posting. I think we are almost there.
I like the Triple Theads and the Supreme not high on Prime but willing to go with majority. Other people please throw out their opinions please. This way we all have a say and enjoy being part of the break and process.
Base cards I can ship or donate. Doesn't matter to me if you want your base. I won't do much with them unless they are Dolphins. I have some younger kids in the neighborhood that love the base I throw them so I would just give to them if nobody wants theirs.
I'm not in this to make money. I would like to pull some great hits for you guys and hopefully something for myself every now and then lol. Love to break wax but haven't done as much since my baby girl was born as she is what matters now. Although I still love my Dolphins cards.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:17 AM   #112 (permalink)

Need 5 more guys come on let's do this!
Also, need ideas for cases to break.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:29 AM   #113 (permalink)

If we can get a january break do limited and then in February totally certified. Both have great potential for big hits while giving everyone an opportunity for nice general hits

Always looking for vintage graded cards
maculay75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:51 PM   #114 (permalink)

if there is a lull in the action then I would be willing to commit to 2 spots in this to get it filled. Only thing I ask for is the ability to sell my additional spot to someone else down the road. Seen enough of these monthlys to know I won't have a problem doing that later

http://s775.beta.photobucket.com/user/alexladue/library/

Damn The Hard Times. Enjoy The Good Times!
addicted36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:48 PM   #115 (permalink)

i will be in if ya have anymore spots, $50 is fine, ship just hits, #ed, rookies, or refractors and im down for team random every month keeps it interesting and gives everyone a fair shake at cam or bradford tebow whatever we break
ccrab1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:50 PM   #116 (permalink)

Quote:
Need 5 more guys come on let's do this!
Also, need ideas for cases to break.
if i'm in, limited sounds good for january if we have the funds
ccrab1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:50 PM   #117 (permalink)

So I think we need to come up with a few different scenarios so once we are filled we can do a quick poll/vote and get the ball rolling....
Old 01-18-2012, 07:18 PM   #118 (permalink)

I would like to join!
Old 01-18-2012, 07:45 PM   #119 (permalink)

I'm in...for a random of teams each month....I would like all of my cards though, if we are breaking mid-tier/high end they're shouldn't be that many. Send me my hits/#'ed/star players....
jlcherry2477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:10 PM   #120 (permalink)

*** UPDATED TO HERE***

pico04 my man you are an animal lol. Thanks for getting the word out there. We are now 27 strong need 1 more if doing 28 teams or 2 more if we are doing 29 teams.

We need to start throwing out ideas of what everyone would like to break. I would like to try to get one in this month if possible. Looks like 2 votes for Limited already. Tomorrow evening when I get home from work I will PM everyone to make sure sure everyone replies they are in. Would also like to post a poll of a couple of choices of product we would like to bust.

Will update the original post with what we have ruled on as far as 28 or random base or hits etc... Will post the figures too. This weekend I will be setting up the web cam and giving it a try since I have not used it before. Which site do you guys prefer for live breaking??
Old 01-18-2012, 09:40 PM   #121 (permalink)

I'll join at $50 a month. Sounds fun.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:51 PM   #122 (permalink)

Looks like skipfreely makes us 28. Now do we to the 29 slot for the extra $50 or leave it at 28 slots. The last 4 teams out any hits are randomed between memebers that go hitless in the break?? The random if I have been following correctly that everyone wants is the random between all members and then a draft is held correct??
Old 01-18-2012, 09:58 PM   #123 (permalink)

Quote:
Looks like skipfreely makes us 28. Now do we to the 29 slot for the extra $50 or leave it at 28 slots. The last 4 teams out any hits are randomed between memebers that go hitless in the break?? The random if I have been following correctly that everyone wants is the random between all members and then a draft is held correct??
I say we stay with 28 and random the hits from the 4 teams left out within members that went hitless in the break my opinion.

Dallas Cowboys fan Good or Bad!
mustangjj909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:17 PM   #124 (permalink)

I'm down for limited but it's $100 a box for a 15 box case, I'd rather do supreme or triple threads.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:17 PM   #125 (permalink)

Those randoms for members who don't get hits are really pointless. 9 out of 10 times its going to be cards worth less than $5 and we might not get any.

The 29th spot gives an extra $50 that will cover most of the paypal fees, giving us more money each month.