Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Join New Group Breaks Here

Join New Group Breaks Here Hosts post new group breaks here. Participants post here to reserve a spot.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2012, 10:49 PM   #126 (permalink)

So we have 1 vote each for 28 teams and the 29 teams. I kinda have to agree with dhcollecting on the 29 teams gives us the extra money.
Looks like Limited, Supreme or Triple Threads will be our options unless somebody else has anything to offer?
lexus2903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:53 PM   #127 (permalink)

I would like to get in on this if available. Thanks
collectivetoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:04 PM   #128 (permalink)

Let's do a vote for January

Always looking for vintage graded cards
maculay75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:18 PM   #129 (permalink)

Im glad I was able to help spread the word!

This is my Vote:

29 Slots which will get Randomized prior to each break that will decide our Draft Order.

That will give us $1450.00 Each Month which will allow us many options in regards to what we break.

I still believe we should random off all hits from Teams that where not drafted between the participants that went hit-less for the break. I think that way we limit the chances of someone going hit-less for extended amount of time.

All Hits/#ed Cards/Inserts/Rookies will be shipped shortly after the break and if at any point the participants wants their Base they can work out the shipping with our Host.

We attempt to use all funds available leaving little to know rollover

Majority Vote decides the Case Every Month....(No Bitch*ng!)

*If someone bails without a legit excuse they get a Negative from the Host
NFL: Brock Osweiler ~ Teddy Bridgewater ~ Green Bay Packers
pico04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:46 PM   #130 (permalink)

If we can get 29 people involved let's do the 29 team random and get better product on a monthly basis!
Old 01-19-2012, 06:46 AM   #131 (permalink)

i would like to change my vote to supreme, limited will prob be less than $100 a box when the first few weeks are over
ccrab1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:55 AM   #132 (permalink)

I say we do the 28 teams and random hits from the undrafted 4 teams to hitless teams. If we're trying for 29 teams just to have more money then just keep all 32 teams (even more money). Just my 2 cents.
joestyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:22 AM   #133 (permalink)

A net $50 payment through payment nets $48.25. I will still need to get supplies like mailers and toploaders, etc... How does everyone want to do this??
Old 01-19-2012, 10:24 AM   #134 (permalink)

Here are my hits from houdini's recent supreme break....not a bad lot!
bigbadbloom 3. FALCONS - Turner /75
Bigbadbloom 10. GIANTS - Jerrel Jernigan auto 13/50
Bigbadbloom 13. PACKERS - Cobb/Young/Brown/Pettis quad relic 17/25
Bigbadbloom 13. PACKERS - Woodson /99
Bigbadbloom 13. PACKERS - Woodson
Bigbadbloom 31. 49ERS - Hunter

This stuff is still super hot....I say this is what we break first!
Old 01-19-2012, 10:25 AM   #135 (permalink)

If we go with a cheaper case to start with we can use the left over to purchase a big lot of supplies, just a thought.

I guess my vote is 29 slots, random the teams each month. Random the last 3 to anyone that doesn't get a hit in each break. Depending on product I may want the base, willing to pay more for shipping.

PS. Will BO cut some deals since we are guar we are purchasing min 1450 in product every month? Over 17k for the year.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:47 AM   #136 (permalink)

I will contact Pat after we are more situated and have an idea of what we want to start with. I'm sure they will give us some kind of deal. I will have to purchase supplies so that is going to cut into our funds for the 1st break unless everyone wants to add additional money for the 1st break. Like $60 instead of $50 should get us supplies for have the year lol
Old 01-19-2012, 10:58 AM   #137 (permalink)

I have an email into Pat in regards to case pricing on the following:
Supreme
Triple Threads
Limited
Prime
Supplies
Old 01-19-2012, 11:07 AM   #138 (permalink)

Good deal, your the man Lexus!!
Old 01-19-2012, 11:21 AM   #139 (permalink)

Thanks but without you guys this break won't happen I'm just a part of it. Not to mention all the help from pico04.
Here are the prices I got back from Chris.

2011 Topps Supreme Football 16 box case - $1360
2011 Panini Limited Football 15 box case - $1500.00
2011 Topps Prime Football 12 box case - $1350
2011 Topps Triple Threads Football 9 box case - $1450

Supplies best pricing is on the site

Last edited by lexus2903; 01-19-2012 at 11:25 AM.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:54 AM   #140 (permalink)

I've gotten 2 more people that would like to join which makes them 29 and 30. Do we just go for the entire 32 teams?? Gives us an additional $150-$200 to break.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:02 PM   #141 (permalink)

a case of supreme sounds best!
callieanne10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:02 PM   #142 (permalink)

I'm on the fence, I kinda liked the 29 teams.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:06 PM   #143 (permalink)

If we do 29 teams collectivetoys would be slot #29 and we would be full. If we do 28 he will be moved to the waiting/drop list along with gator-chomp
Old 01-19-2012, 12:12 PM   #144 (permalink)

I would be in if there is a random every month with a draft to follow. It depends on the additional cost on whether or not I want base cards.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:14 PM   #145 (permalink)

As with some others on here, I am a little leary since being burned by thechump but am interested in joining if their is a spot. My biggest hold-up now is if this is going to be random or draft. Wanted to get some opinions.

I understand that the draft adds a little time and their will be people complaining about their team if they don't draft in time but those people will find something to complain about regardless. As someone who is more interested in collecting for my pc rather than reselling, I hate randoms. The chance of getting a team you actually want is very small compared to if a draft is done. Also, if you only have 28 members, you don't have to decide ahead of time which teams to leave out. You just leave out the four that did not get drafted. If any hits come from those 4, you can random, or have a 29th spot that gets the 4 undrafted teams.

Anyone have any other opinions on this?

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gator-chomp15
gator-chomp15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:18 PM   #146 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexus2903 View Post
Thanks but without you guys this break won't happen I'm just a part of it. Not to mention all the help from pico04.
Here are the prices I got back from Chris.

2011 Topps Supreme Football 16 box case - $1360
2011 Panini Limited Football 15 box case - $1500.00
2011 Topps Prime Football 12 box case - $1350
2011 Topps Triple Threads Football 9 box case - $1450

Supplies best pricing is on the site
Questions and comments:

Question 1: How many hits per case of these? Only one I know is the Supreme, which would be 16 hits per. I prefer more bang for the buck which increases the chances of a hit per person to kick this off but hadn't considered the supplies issue until now.

Question 2: How are the supplies setup on Blowout? And what sort of supplies are you needing?

I just bought from this seller last week and received my purchase of 250 bubble mailers for 22.76 DLVD:

justpoundsandounces | eBay

Considering 29 people times 12 months we are looking at needing a max total of 348 Bubble mailers if you sent something to everyone every month. I almost want us to go with the cheaper supreme this month so that we have the supplies each month in hand and get past this and it seems like that's the best option to me.

Question 3: Did you see my offer to take two spots per month. Worse case for me is I have a $100 commitment to this group to satisfy which would be a box a month pretty much. If not that's cool with me, not sure what your thinking.

Question 4: Are we taking backups? We probably should have 3 on the ready in case someone can't break in a given month.

Thought...I see a few more people signed up for this. I think we should be good to go for the 29 teams idea unless my math is wrong. My vote is this and helps everyone. The 29th pick gets four teams. The last pick gets 4 teams no one wants and increases the odds of getting something. I don't want to mess around with randomizing the hits for those hit less, too much work to me to random etc. Everyone eligible for this..If you get the 29th pick you get the 4 remaining teams unpicked (Picks 29, 30, 31, and 32) and anything that comes from it. It's a reward for getting the worst teams. Probably wont be worth much but its better then a kick in the nuts when you get pick 29 right?

http://s775.beta.photobucket.com/user/alexladue/library/

Damn The Hard Times. Enjoy The Good Times!
addicted36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:18 PM   #147 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator-chomp15 View Post
As with some others on here, I am a little leary since being burned by thechump but am interested in joining if their is a spot. My biggest hold-up now is if this is going to be random or draft. Wanted to get some opinions.

I understand that the draft adds a little time and their will be people complaining about their team if they don't draft in time but those people will find something to complain about regardless. As someone who is more interested in collecting for my pc rather than reselling, I hate randoms. The chance of getting a team you actually want is very small compared to if a draft is done. Also, if you only have 28 members, you don't have to decide ahead of time which teams to leave out. You just leave out the four that did not get drafted. If any hits come from those 4, you can random, or have a 29th spot that gets the 4 undrafted teams.

Anyone have any other opinions on this?
I think we have already progressed past this point and are just looking for people to join under the format we have in place.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:23 PM   #148 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbadbloom View Post
I think we have already progressed past this point and are just looking for people to join under the format we have in place.
His post does bring up something we haven't discussed I've seen fudge up a break a time or two.

This is a team drafted break. We need to establish now that there is going to be a time limit for drafting. One break I was in recently didn't have that auto pick rule in place and slowed the draft down by days. We should be reasonable about auto drafting of course but per the rules of the forum we would have to establish the auto drafting rule before we start a break, not during. I think 3 hours time limit is enough for drafting personally. As someone who's been auto drafted in the past I know it can suck but I also know when that happens you can trade teams etc. and fix the issues. My point is that this has to be established before the break, not during it.

http://s775.beta.photobucket.com/user/alexladue/library/

Damn The Hard Times. Enjoy The Good Times!
addicted36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:29 PM   #149 (permalink)

It looks like we are back tracing a little here. Addicted I did see your offer to take 2 slots to help this move along since it stalled a bit but since then people have come aboard so I only have you down for your 1 original slot.
I have no problem doing the 29 slots I just need a majority vote as thoughts keep getting thrown out there.
If we are just doing the 29 slots we are at our max and have 1-2 back ups already.
I have no problem breaking whatever. I prefer the high end and Supreme is nice with the chance of getting something really nice.
Are we back to random or draft?? I thought most wanted random but it seems now people are switching to drafting??
Old 01-19-2012, 01:00 PM   #150 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexus2903 View Post
It looks like we are back tracing a little here. Addicted I did see your offer to take 2 slots to help this move along since it stalled a bit but since then people have come aboard so I only have you down for your 1 original slot.
I have no problem doing the 29 slots I just need a majority vote as thoughts keep getting thrown out there.
If we are just doing the 29 slots we are at our max and have 1-2 back ups already.
I have no problem breaking whatever. I prefer the high end and Supreme is nice with the chance of getting something really nice.
Are we back to random or draft?? I thought most wanted random but it seems now people are switching to drafting??
Can you PM everyone or setup a poll to what they want as far as random or draft & what product.

I'm good with Random or Draft.
I'm good with Supreme
About to start a Patrick Peterson Collection
tthomas is offline   Reply With Quote