Blowout Cards Forums
Halloween

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Join New Group Breaks Here

Join New Group Breaks Here Hosts post new group breaks here. Participants post here to reserve a spot.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2009, 02:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2009 Allen & Ginter 12 box group pre-sell case break!

hey guys, i know its a little far off, but i am going to post this break anyway. ginter is coming out on June 30, like 2 1/2 months away. but i figure in that time, we can fill at least one case, if not 2-4 cases. but anyway, it is going to be a 12 box case break of 2009 topps allen & ginter. it is going to be $35 per spot, with 31 spots per case. The case has 12 boxes and is $1000, and that is what it is at now. that leaves $85 for fees. The 31 spots are the 30 mlb teams, and 1 for the nonsports stuff. everything from the case will be distrubuted to the team on the card, and the nonsports will go to the nonsports slot owners. So plmk if you'd like in this. id accept payment as soon as each case fills, and get the case ordered, so we can lock in at the pre-sell price, which normally fluctuates with ginter. the break will be done live on ustream, but without sound. ill list all inserts, minis, and hits, and take scans of the better ones. Ill also list what belongs to who. plmk if youd like a spot. paypal only. all cards will be shipped in bubble mailers. Teams are drawn on random.org
thanks!

product info:

Configuration: 12 boxes per case. 24 packs per box. 8 cards per pack.

Topps Allen & Ginter Baseball returns in 2009 with all new insert cards including Biggest Hoaxes, Hoodwinks, & Bamboozles, Cut Signature cards highlighting luminaries from centuries past, and popular DNA cards featuring Napoleon and Geronimo!

The Ginter Code also returns, more byzantine and enigmatic than before, challenging collectors to decipher a hidden code for a chance to win a special Ginter Code Winner Set of autographs from every framed autograph subject in 2009 Topps Allen & Ginter.

And as in years past, Allen & Ginter's distinguished card design, modeled after the vintage Allen & Ginter cards from the late 1800's, will continue to delight collectors.

PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS:
- A combination of any of the THREE following cards per Hobby Box:
* Autographed,
* Relic,
* Cut Signature,
* Rip,
* or Printing Plate
- One Hobby Exclusive N43 or Cabinet Card per box!
- One Hobby Exclusive Rip Card per case!

CONTENT BREAKDOWN
BASE CARDS - 350 subjects (6:1)
- Baseball Veterans (230)
- Baseball Rookies (30)
- Historic Figures (25)
- World Champions (20)

Ps: rip card may be ripped if the person who pulls it wants to have it ripped. also any extra hits will be randomed off.s

Last edited by bigpapi3434; 04-08-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

break is up. lets fill some spots!
Old 04-07-2009, 05:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

How are you going to determine what a SP is ?? What about the N43 Box Loaders and Cabinet cards and rip cards ???

Peter
Old 04-07-2009, 06:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

Ahh, I forgot about the toppers. I'll add 4 spots, for 3 topps per spot, which brings it down a dollar. And the sps are normal sized base cards, so they'll go to the base slots. And rip cards are included in the 3 per box hits, so that'll go to a hit slot
Old 04-07-2009, 06:49 PM   #5 (permalink)

price lowered to $20. so for the price of a blaster, you will be guarenteed one of the following:

24, a boxes worth, of minis
2 boxes worth of base cards, inserts, and sps (all non minis or hits)
3 box toppers, either N43 or cabinets, which can be autographed or gu
1 hit, either a gu, auto, printing plate, cut auto, or rip card
Old 04-07-2009, 10:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

No one wants in?
Old 04-07-2009, 10:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

A&G isn't a very good group break product. Very few of the hits are going to come close to getting the slot price back. That could be a big deterrent that is keeping people from jumping in on this.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
A&G isn't a very good group break product. Very few of the hits are going to come close to getting the slot price back. That could be a big deterrent that is keeping people from jumping in on this.
I have to agree, plus you have to be approved by Chris at Blowoutcards. So have you been?
Old 04-08-2009, 05:40 AM   #9 (permalink)

Agree about the "hit" spots...last year, we did Ginter as a team break which makes slots a little more costly but overall would have more value. The non-sport was randomized at the end of the break.

Checkoutmycards ID: kelleys1
Old 04-08-2009, 06:50 AM   #10 (permalink)

How about I switch it to a team break? 31 spots, with the 30 teams and 1 for all the nonsports stuff. That'd be $36 per spot

Last edited by bigpapi3434; 04-08-2009 at 06:52 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:27 AM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Quote:
Originally Posted by barberromo2008 View Post
I have to agree, plus you have to be approved by Chris at Blowoutcards. So have you been?
Actually from what I know and have seen, Chris handles the case price and/or money. Rest is pretty much controlled by the Pat and the moderators. In order for a group break to be posted: the host posts it, then it gets reviewed, and if the rules are followed its typically posted.

Between the post and approval, its reivewed for following group break rules (biggest violoation is the host is in the break), hosts age, consistency (making sure it makes sence), host is checked for creditability (youtube/ebay/blowout/other forums, etc) - also a reason for paypal being preferred for group breaks as that is an additional means of protection for a slot holder. Providing all of the above checks out, generally its posted. One thing I dont look at it price as I have no clue what Chris is giving for a price. 9 out of 10 times if there is something wrong with the break I'll PM the host about it and see if we can't get it figured out.

I personally dont feel that its up to me to decide which breaks should and shouldnt be posted. If the rules are followed, then its up to the members to decide. I still delete an average of 2-3 per day, sometimes more. This is the biggest thing left up to the slot holders to determine if the price seems reasonable and/or if they like the configuration of the break.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:33 PM   #12 (permalink)

iluvfish: i agree, once those rules are met, it is up to the members if they want to join. break posted with the 31 spots for the team break at $35 per random team, or the nonsports slot.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Just fyi doing a gb for a product that is more than 3months away is a stupid idea
Old 04-08-2009, 03:36 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashouls View Post
Just fyi doing a gb for a product that is more than 3months away is a stupid idea
The one that always leaves the most "intelligent" posts!!
Old 04-08-2009, 07:28 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Actually from what I know and have seen, Chris handles the case price and/or money. Rest is pretty much controlled by the Pat and the moderators. In order for a group break to be posted: the host posts it, then it gets reviewed, and if the rules are followed its typically posted.

Between the post and approval, its reivewed for following group break rules (biggest violoation is the host is in the break), hosts age, consistency (making sure it makes sence), host is checked for creditability (youtube/ebay/blowout/other forums, etc) - also a reason for paypal being preferred for group breaks as that is an additional means of protection for a slot holder. Providing all of the above checks out, generally its posted. One thing I dont look at it price as I have no clue what Chris is giving for a price. 9 out of 10 times if there is something wrong with the break I'll PM the host about it and see if we can't get it figured out.

I personally dont feel that its up to me to decide which breaks should and shouldnt be posted. If the rules are followed, then its up to the members to decide. I still delete an average of 2-3 per day, sometimes more. This is the biggest thing left up to the slot holders to determine if the price seems reasonable and/or if they like the configuration of the break.
Thanks for clarifying fish