Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Join New Group Breaks Here

Join New Group Breaks Here Hosts post new group breaks here. Participants post here to reserve a spot.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 09:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy
Default Seeking a host for PSA submission

It's been a while, anyone with the membership want to host a PSA group submission?

I know these always fill pretty quickly, so I just wanted a thread to start a conversation and attract a host

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Jason Pierre-Paul, Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
SethMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:51 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

posting for discussion - if a host comes forward please resubmit.

That being said ifish73 is currently ongoing the approval process for PSA Submissions.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
posting for discussion - if a host comes forward please resubmit.

That being said ifish73 is currently ongoing the approval process for PSA Submissions.
Thanks, can't wait

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Jason Pierre-Paul, Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
SethMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

I would also be interested in joining if someone steps forward.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:57 PM   #5 (permalink)

I've got a card I'd love to submit to PSA. How much does it usually cost for 1 card?

-James
Always accepting consignments - Top Rated Seller - PM Me!
pastmyshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:24 PM   #6 (permalink)

card grading or autographs?
alifaxwa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:27 PM   #7 (permalink)

My basketball season is coming to an end, so might be willing to do one if everyone is ok with waiting a month or so.

Now Collecting: Ken Griffey Jr. & Kevin Garnett
guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

After speaking with PSA this submission will have to wait until the February special comes out. There is no way I could get everyone's cards together and back out before the 31st. That also gives the moderators here time to approve me so I can offer it.

In the meantime anyone who is interested in joining in on a PSA submission post here and the number of cards you want to have graded.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:38 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastmyshades View Post
I've got a card I'd love to submit to PSA. How much does it usually cost for 1 card?

-James
It depends on the card and value of the card. PSA has different tiers.

For example they have for the specials this month which are only available to members:

1956 and newer valued under $100 (no tall-boys, supersized, thicker patch/memorabilia or autographed cards) autographed cards from manufacturer post 1998 are allowed

1955 and older valued under $100 (no supersized, thicker patch/memorabilia or autographed cards)

Autograph grading & Authentication (red-label) valued under $250 (dated pre-1998 and/or not from a manufacturer)

That just covers the cost of grading the card. You then need to factor in the cost of shipping to and from PSA which will vary based on the number of cards submitted and their overall value.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:46 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifish73 View Post
After speaking with PSA this submission will have to wait until the February special comes out. There is no way I could get everyone's cards together and back out before the 31st. That also gives the moderators here time to approve me so I can offer it.

In the meantime anyone who is interested in joining in on a PSA submission post here and the number of cards you want to have graded.
I have several cards I want to get graded, and I much prefer PSA over BGS, please let me know about a feb. submission.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
It depends on the card and value of the card. PSA has different tiers.

For example they have for the specials this month which are only available to members:

1956 and newer valued under $100 (no tall-boys, supersized, thicker patch/memorabilia or autographed cards) autographed cards from manufacturer post 1998 are allowed

1955 and older valued under $100 (no supersized, thicker patch/memorabilia or autographed cards)

Autograph grading & Authentication (red-label) valued under $250 (dated pre-1998 and/or not from a manufacturer)

That just covers the cost of grading the card. You then need to factor in the cost of shipping to and from PSA which will vary based on the number of cards submitted and their overall value.
The card I was looking to submit was a 1957 Topps Unitas Rc. Any ballpark idea of what that would cost?

-James
Always accepting consignments - Top Rated Seller - PM Me!
pastmyshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:58 PM   #12 (permalink)

Blowout is running way behind on getting approved. ive been 3 weeks waiting on a bgs group sub for everyone here.(iluvfish is workin his tail off trying but cant get anyones attention) if anyone wants in on it shoot me a pm.
Whats your prices on this psa sub? have you figured that out yet? if no one is in a hurry they have a 5.50 for a 45 day sub all the time
Old 01-23-2013, 07:11 PM   #13 (permalink)

I have at least 10 cards that I would submit to PSA.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:03 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackvay View Post
Blowout is running way behind on getting approved. ive been 3 weeks waiting on a bgs group sub for everyone here.(iluvfish is workin his tail off trying but cant get anyones attention) if anyone wants in on it shoot me a pm.
Whats your prices on this psa sub? have you figured that out yet? if no one is in a hurry they have a 5.50 for a 45 day sub all the time
The cheapest I saw on the site was $7 for the 45 day sub(non-special) for cards valued under $100.

From my earlier post added prices in red:

1956 and newer valued under $100 (no tall-boys, supersized, thicker patch/memorabilia or autographed cards) autographed cards from manufacturer post 1998 are allowed $6 grading cost

1955 and older valued under $100 (no supersized, thicker patch/memorabilia or autographed cards) $8 grading cost

Autograph grading & Authentication (red-label) valued under $250 (dated pre-1998 and/or not from a manufacturer) $15 grading cost

After that based on size of submission and value of submission I need to figure in the shipping costs to PSA (you should see how much it costs to ship say 50 cards with an insured value of $5000!) and their cost to ship back to me (they have a chart for that based on the number of cards and the total value). Once that is done based on the number of cards you have graded you pay shipping back to yourself.

But for instance pastmyshades Unitas RC is most likely valued over $100 so it needs the regular non-special submission which is $17.

Hopefully I will be approved by the first of the month and the specials will be a little better than this month. Also at the end of the month I will call them and see if they can do a little better if I have a lot of cards coming in.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:43 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
The cheapest I saw on the site was $7 for the 45 day sub(non-special) for cards valued under $100.

1956 and newer valued under $100 (no tall-boys, supersized, thicker patch/memorabilia or autographed cards) autographed cards from manufacturer post 1998 are allowed $6 grading cost

1955 and older valued under $100 (no supersized, thicker patch/memorabilia or autographed cards) $8 grading cost

Autograph grading & Authentication (red-label) valued under $250 (dated pre-1998 and/or not from a manufacturer) $15 grading cost

After that based on size of submission and value of submission I need to figure in the shipping costs to PSA (you should see how much it costs to ship say 50 cards with an insured value of $5000!) and their cost to ship back to me (they have a chart for that based on the number of cards and the total value). Once that is done based on the number of cards you have graded you pay shipping back to yourself.

But for instance pastmyshades Unitas RC is most likely valued over $100 so it needs the regular non-special submission which is $17.

Hopefully I will be approved by the first of the month and the specials will be a little better than this month. Also at the end of the month I will call them and see if they can do a little better if I have a lot of cards coming in.
How about authenticating an autograph on a card? For example a Wilt Chamberlain autographed card. Does that fall under the $15 auto authentication?
eBay sellers beware, I will leave you a neutral if you don't at least include a toploader when shipping a card. Feel free to block me if you don't ship with a toploader or secured card holder. That is all.
High-End Bucket: http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m627/AvenOZ/High-End%20and%20HTG/
CP3toOKC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:23 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP3toOKC View Post
How about authenticating an autograph on a card? For example a Wilt Chamberlain autographed card. Does that fall under the $15 auto authentication?
If it is not a pack pulled autograph card and dates pre 1998 it would qualify.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:26 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:

Ya buddy, I'm in for at least 5 of the $6 gradings, for this feb sub.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:22 AM   #18 (permalink)

I have maybe 6 or so I'd send in.

http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g462/teosdesserts/
teosdesserts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:34 AM   #19 (permalink)

I'd be in for 5 or so.
BearDownSpurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:36 AM   #20 (permalink)

I would defiantly be on board for some 6 dollar grading. I know their are some additional fees but just let me know. I was wondering if anyone thinks it would be worthwhile to grade a 62 lou brock rookie ? I can post a scan but I have never had anything graded before and i wonder if I would be better off to keep it ungraded. There are several modern cards I would like graded regardless. Thanks ahead of time.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:47 AM   #21 (permalink)

I would be in for 3-5 cards. Do you if value is determined by condition? A few of mine will be 1953 Glendale Tigers which are normally rough.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:17 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherfatninja View Post
I would defiantly be on board for some 6 dollar grading. I know their are some additional fees but just let me know. I was wondering if anyone thinks it would be worthwhile to grade a 62 lou brock rookie ? I can post a scan but I have never had anything graded before and i wonder if I would be better off to keep it ungraded. There are several modern cards I would like graded regardless. Thanks ahead of time.
If you think the grade is really rough you can just have it encapsulated as authentic without a grade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmrson View Post
I would be in for 3-5 cards. Do you if value is determined by condition? A few of mine will be 1953 Glendale Tigers which are normally rough.
The way I took it from speaking with the rep is to put what you feel the value is based on condition prior to grading.

Example: I have a card that I think is worth $85 raw so it would be the $6 submission. After grading pretty sure it will be over $100

If I am approved in time I will get the details for the special on the first and start a new thread. Looks like we will have quite a group of cards to submit.

Last edited by ifish73; 01-24-2013 at 09:21 AM.
ifish73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:00 PM   #23 (permalink)

Hopefully I will be approved by the first of the month and the specials will be a little better than this month. Also at the end of the month I will call them and see if they can do a little better if I have a lot of cards coming in.[/QUOTE]

I do know exactly how much group sub shipping costs my last one was 38 just to BGS. And i submitted to be approved over 3 weeks ago and nothing yet. i have a great price from my rep at BGS if you ever want to submit their in one of my groups let me know(i still do subs now just not on here, YET lol)
Old 01-24-2013, 07:26 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackvay View Post
I do know exactly how much group sub shipping costs my last one was 38 just to BGS. And i submitted to be approved over 3 weeks ago and nothing yet. i have a great price from my rep at BGS if you ever want to submit their in one of my groups let me know(i still do subs now just not on here, YET lol)[/QUOTE]

BGS guy just stomping all over this PSA thread..........
Old 01-24-2013, 07:29 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbadbloom View Post
I do know exactly how much group sub shipping costs my last one was 38 just to BGS. And i submitted to be approved over 3 weeks ago and nothing yet. i have a great price from my rep at BGS if you ever want to submit their in one of my groups let me know(i still do subs now just not on here, YET lol)
BGS guy just stomping all over this PSA thread..........[/QUOTE]

im not trying to hijack a thread? i apologize if thats how it comes off as id like to submit in this group if it takes off and has descent prices as a large group always gets great prices.