Blowout Cards Forums
Labor Day

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Join New Group Breaks Here

Join New Group Breaks Here Hosts post new group breaks here. Participants post here to reserve a spot.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 04:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2009 Topps Chrome & 2009 Bowman Chrome x2 Group Break with a SET TWIST!!!!!

****Break is dead, please close and lock**************************************

Trying to be creative and make more slots worth the money...

The 2009 RC class speaks for its self this year!

Product involved in this break:
1 case 2009 Topps Chrome FB (12 boxes)
2 cases 2009 Bowman Chrome FB (20 boxes total)

Alot of people dont want multiple base cards showing up, so lets do something with them! Here is what I offer, out of the 2009 Topps Chrome, I will put together 1 base set 1-110 and one set with RC's 1-220 and for Bowman Chrome I will put together 2 base sets 1-110 and 2 sets with RC's 1-165, these sets will be ranomized off to everyone in the group break. That is 6 sets that will go out to some lucky winners. With 32 slots, that is almost a 20% chance of getting a set.

All refractors, Auto's, GU, extras base and RC's after sets are made will go to the team who you draft. Incase of a dual card, it will go to the players team who is first on the card.

Break will be done live on UStream.com

Teams will not be randomized, but it will be a draft style. Randomized list of people in the Group Break will be done by a mod on this board.

Price per slot is $60.00 per slot.

Thanks
Chris

Slots:

1. OHLDS
2. jusdukky

Last edited by coltman18; 11-16-2009 at 10:17 AM.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Approved and good luck!
Old 11-12-2009, 09:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks fish!

Alright guys....
Old 11-12-2009, 10:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'm in for 1 slot please.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:27 AM   #5 (permalink)

up for today...
Old 11-13-2009, 11:38 AM   #6 (permalink)

I might normally be interested in this, but if I happen to get a team with some decent rookies, I'd much rather get them in hand instead of giving them up for a set. It would be much harder to try and recoup some of the $ spent on the GB if you end up not getting a Sanchez or two, because they are used for the sets. (Example: even 1 Topps Chrome Sanchez could bring in a few bucks for a person.) Would it be possible to just make the base sets without the rookies being included? These are just my thoughts. It's a creative idea & I wish you good luck!
Old 11-13-2009, 11:51 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephinfan View Post
I might normally be interested in this, but if I happen to get a team with some decent rookies, I'd much rather get them in hand instead of giving them up for a set. It would be much harder to try and recoup some of the $ spent on the GB if you end up not getting a Sanchez or two, because they are used for the sets. (Example: even 1 Topps Chrome Sanchez could bring in a few bucks for a person.) Would it be possible to just make the base sets without the rookies being included? These are just my thoughts. It's a creative idea & I wish you good luck!
There are very very limited RC's that would even be worth listing on their own. Harvin and Sanchez are about the only ones. And what are you out on that, 2 to 3 bucks, what about the chance of getting a set that sells for 35-60?

I looked up all "good" RC's and in lots, if it is 4 cards or 2 cards, they all end in around the same $ amount. That is why doing a set and having that as a bonus is better, IMO.

You are still getting all the refractors and auto's and everything else.

But, it is up to each person to join or not... Just thought this was a great idea, but not everyone thinks the same way...
Old 11-13-2009, 11:55 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltman18 View Post
There are very very limited RC's that would even be worth listing on their own. Harvin and Sanchez are about the only ones. And what are you out on that, 2 to 3 bucks, what about the chance of getting a set that sells for 35-60?

I looked up all "good" RC's and in lots, if it is 4 cards or 2 cards, they all end in around the same $ amount. That is why doing a set and having that as a bonus is better, IMO.

You are still getting all the refractors and auto's and everything else.

But, it is up to each person to join or not... Just thought this was a great idea, but not everyone thinks the same way...
Those are good points. If a person was one of the lucky ones to receive the sets, they would make out pretty good on them...and I realize that it doesn't seem like much to not get one or two of the rookies, but sometimes, every little bit helps.

It is a great idea, and something new & fresh to try. Good luck!
Old 11-13-2009, 11:56 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephinfan View Post
Those are good points. If a person was one of the lucky ones to receive the sets, they would make out pretty good on them...and I realize that it doesn't seem like much to not get one or two of the rookies, but sometimes, every little bit helps.

It is a great idea, and something new & fresh to try. Good luck!
I thought it was...but it doesnt seem like it, or it would be filled by now...lol
Old 11-13-2009, 12:56 PM   #10 (permalink)

guess this might not fill.figured it would be about halfway.maybe more people than I thought are chromed out.

coltman maybe we need to go back to GG ;this year's that is. 1 case of 09 Gridiron Gear(16 Box) and could add the 1 case of 09 Bowman Chrome(10 Box) and slot price only goes up about 3 bucks(I think with diff. in prices). or just do the case of 09 Gridiron Gear(16 Box) and slot price comes down;maybe what $48-$50(you would know better).Just an idea since nobody has even posted anything.

I'd be in for sure if you did 09 GG ,even if it's just that.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:02 PM   #11 (permalink)

Even though it is slow going as of now... I will take 1 slot and possibly another later... depends on how the paypal is going. Thanks coltman
Old 11-13-2009, 01:17 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineout View Post
guess this might not fill.figured it would be about halfway.maybe more people than I thought are chromed out.

coltman maybe we need to go back to GG ;this year's that is. 1 case of 09 Gridiron Gear(16 Box) and could add the 1 case of 09 Bowman Chrome(10 Box) and slot price only goes up about 3 bucks(I think with diff. in prices). or just do the case of 09 Gridiron Gear(16 Box) and slot price comes down;maybe what $48-$50(you would know better).Just an idea since nobody has even posted anything.

I'd be in for sure if you did 09 GG ,even if it's just that.
From what I seen from 09 GG, the value just isnt there right now at the price it is at, plus it is hard to do teams with just one case.

I am going to let this run till Wednesday to see if it gains any interest...
Old 11-13-2009, 01:58 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltman18 View Post
From what I seen from 09 GG, the value just isnt there right now at the price it is at, plus it is hard to do teams with just one case.

I am going to let this run till Wednesday to see if it gains any interest...

I totally agree with your thoughts on 09 GG.
Old 11-14-2009, 10:15 AM   #14 (permalink)

up for today...
Old 11-16-2009, 08:11 AM   #15 (permalink)

I don't think you need to wait til Wed. for this one.No posts all weekend;I'd say it's done. An idea: 1 case 09 Bowman Chrome, 1 case Finest(even at higher price) and 1 case (8 box) Gridiron Gear. Slot price probably goes up 5-7 bucks(a guess). I opened 2 boxes of GG this weekend and did alright.Got a Ringer auto/jersey #'d 1/5 ; a Hakeem Nicks Pull-out auto and I think I also got 6 or 7 rookies in each box.So GG isn't that bad at the price.Just an idea.Can't wait for the break tonight.Wont get to see the start but probably will catch some of the end.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:20 AM   #16 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Request to be closed