Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Join New Group Breaks Here

Join New Group Breaks Here Hosts post new group breaks here. Participants post here to reserve a spot.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2014, 12:45 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Paypal Reduced Fees Information & Application

My apologies for not bringing this to the forum sooner; I don't know why or what I was thinking.

I'm guessing that many on this forum are not aware of just how easy it is to receive reduced fees using Paypal, so I thought it prudent to create a post in the attempt to save everyone in here as much money as possible. You might be surprised just how much. (Mods, you can sticky this, move it to any section you deem appropriate).

For any member with a Paypal account, you can have fees each month reduced by as much as 33%. Chances are only Blowout will receive that high a discount, but here is the breakdown of how much you'll save.

Members sell $3,000 - $10,000 in Goods - Paypal fee becomes 2.5% + $0.30
Members sell $10,001 - $100,000 in Goods - Paypal fee becomes 2.2% + $0.30
Members sell $100,000+ in Goods - Paypal fee becomes 1.9% + $0.30

The discount is automatically applied at the end of the month based on your total sales, and in order to receive it, you simply have to apply to the Paypal Merchant Discount program. It takes 5 seconds, and so long as your account is in good standing (and have sales of at least $3,000 in the month before you apply), you are automatically approved. Here's the link ... (you must be logged into Paypal before clicking this link).

https://www.paypal.com/row/cgi-bin/w...ees-rate-about

If you fall short of $3,000 in a month, you receive no discount. This will not remove you from future discounts; so you are always enrolled in this program.

So, GROUP BREAKERS especially ... make sure you apply ASAP and start charging everyone that shows up a smaller Paypal fee. In Houdini's 100 Case Bowman 14' Break, this would have saved members over $1,000. Imagine what it can save all breaks, all the time.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

Is this a new policy or has it always existed?
ohio_mba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_mba View Post
Is this a new policy or has it always existed?
existed for at least 5 years as far as i remember. and once you apply it is always in effect.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:31 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'd be shocked if Blowout and others were not already aware of this. Total this up over a years worth of breaks and that's a nice little gratuity.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:06 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
I'd be shocked if Blowout and others were not already aware of this. Total this up over a years worth of breaks and that's a nice little gratuity.
Everyone has said they didn't; so at the very least, the fees should be reduced in group breaks going forward.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:19 AM   #6 (permalink)

Thank you. You can also search for Merchant Discount on the Paypal site. And you can find a micropayments plan. 5 cents + 5%. This seems to save money if your transactions average only a few dollars. I have not run the math yet to see where the break even is. (A large random sale would hurt, but might be offset by lots of smaller sales.)
kjsboulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

Appears no one is taking your advice
Rooftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 07:31 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjsboulder View Post
Thank you. You can also search for Merchant Discount on the Paypal site. And you can find a micropayments plan. 5 cents + 5%. This seems to save money if your transactions average only a few dollars. I have not run the math yet to see where the break even is. (A large random sale would hurt, but might be offset by lots of smaller sales.)
I was actually on the micropayment plan for a little while. After about 3 months, I realized I was actually losing money, and requested (I had to call them) to have it switched back to the normal fee structure. MY sales aren't generally high, but a few high dollar sales can kill this.

After a year of being 'off' the micro payments I actually did an analysis on my account and realized they never turned it off. After a few calls to PayPal and a few talks with Management confirming it should have been changed, but never was, I got a refund of over $400. So, that was $400 of additional fee's I was charged on the Micro Payment plan when it should have been the normal plan.

Just keep this in mind for anyone thinking about switching.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:38 PM   #9 (permalink)

Waiting for the big breakers to chime in..
dhendrix1303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 07:58 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhendrix1303 View Post
I've been following the group breaks pretty closely; putting in a message every now and then asking for the fee to be reduced.

For the most part; looks like most breakers on this site have been charging less. The fee is automatic BTW; it's not a reduction at the end of the month ... every transaction that comes through from this point on will be reduced if you qualified the previous month.
Old 06-19-2014, 10:41 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedChapmans View Post
I've been following the group breaks pretty closely; putting in a message every now and then asking for the fee to be reduced.

For the most part; looks like most breakers on this site have been charging less. The fee is automatic BTW; it's not a reduction at the end of the month ... every transaction that comes through from this point on will be reduced if you qualified the previous month.
Next goal should be trying to cut down on these shipping/supply costs.
Rooftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhendrix1303 View Post
chime in on what exactly?