Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2010, 03:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default MSF rule?

We could really use a new member, 5 itrader and under, must send first rule. With new members that don't send, I've dealt with my fair share of them recently, or previously banned scammers trying to come back, it's too easy for them to scam someone. There should be a set in stone rule that you have to send first for 5 and under feedback, just to take away their chance of scamming, because by the time thy will have that many trades, they will likely be caught.
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 04:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

People should just be smart. They shouldn't be dumb and send first to someone with low refs.

What would you suggest happen when two people with 0 refs want to trade with each other? They both not send first?
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 04:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

They can decide that one themselves
Old 11-14-2010, 04:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
GA0

What about people with negs? How will those situations be treated? Do they get MSFs too?
GA0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 04:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

Case by case probably for negs

Last edited by mnvikingstwins; 11-14-2010 at 05:10 PM.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:08 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA0 View Post
What about people with negs? How will those situations be treated? Do they get MSFs too?
Perhaps people with a negative could be required to send first temporarily, untill credibility has been re-established.

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
lemur01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 05:13 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
They can decide that one themselves
Quote:
Case by case probably for negs
Why don't you just take your own advice and let people handle their own biz. I don't think a MSF rule needs to be in place.
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 05:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Nathan your my hero.... Serious, You nailed Strongcreation...Good job
saintsfan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 05:46 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
We could really use a new member, 5 itrader and under, must send first rule. With new members that don't send, I've dealt with my fair share of them recently, or previously banned scammers trying to come back, it's too easy for them to scam someone. There should be a set in stone rule that you have to send first for 5 and under feedback, just to take away their chance of scamming, because by the time thy will have that many trades, they will likely be caught.
didn't we have a 100 page chat about this same thing no too long ago? there have also been folks with perfect trades and hundreds of them that have scammed others. this is not scf or one of those others. I think it was fish or wheeler who keep mentioning that there should be some sort of paypal exchanged for trades on both parties ends so that way there is something to claim on for a non-receipt, maybe for buys/sells the buyer should only give partial payment so there is motivation to get all the money and the card out on the sellers side. Once the DC shows delivered full payment is due and if the buyer doesn't pay then a neg is given and the person is called out and vice versa if the seller screws off with the deal. Calling out people and giving bad itrader is the only way we learn of the issues in hand.
I Know there would be some tweaking to my suggestion as a seller wants all the $ and not part of it up front.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 06:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
Inactive Account

There will NEVER be a must send first rule here, this site is concerned with keeping all members happy and continuing to buy products from Blowout, I say this a lot, Blowout is NOT a sport cards forum, it's a business that happens to allow a forum to connect with it.

They want your business, they aren't going to set up rules that prevent n00bs from partaking in the forum, as they feel the forum lends itself to business from the main site.

It's not going to happen and from a business perspective, I completely understand why. As a trader I don't like the lack of rule much, but it makes logical sense from a business perspective.

Stuff like this does cause for concern cardliquidators is screaminbird - both users have been banned, which is why I refuse to deal with anyone under 5 feedback if they aren't willing to send first personally, it's not a site rule, but a rule I go by personally.

Last edited by rodgers12; 11-14-2010 at 06:46 PM.
rodgers12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 06:47 PM   #11 (permalink)

I must have been one of the lucky ones, as of monday I have paypal but my first 27 deals were all done with cash including one with strong creation, which he honored. Nobody tried to scam me and they all could have. But I am glad I have paypal now.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
I must have been one of the lucky ones, as of monday I have paypal but my first 27 deals were all done with cash including one with strong creation, which he honored. Nobody tried to scam me and they all could have. But I am glad I have paypal now.
He honored a lot of stuff for a while and then something happened and he just gave up.
rodgers12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgers12 View Post
He honored a lot of stuff for a while and then something happened and he just gave up.
Your right alot of people keep their word and honor and then don't...Also your right about this is a business to Atleast 95% on here...
Old 11-14-2010, 08:14 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan67 View Post
Your right alot of people keep their word and honor and then don't...Also your right about this is a business to Atleast 95% on here...
I feel you Kevin, the hobby seems more enjoyable when people collect for the fun of it or the challenge of putting a tough set together or the chance at a big pull. Granted with the prices of boxes today I understand peoples need to recoup losses, but it seems like things are diffrent between people when $$$ becomes involved.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
I feel you Kevin, the hobby seems more enjoyable when people collect for the fun of it or the challenge of putting a tough set together or the chance at a big pull. Granted with the prices of boxes today I understand peoples need to recoup losses, but it seems like things are diffrent between people when $$$ becomes involved.
ShoNuff...Thats why I just give most of it away..It eliminates the stress of trying to sell and the temptation of becoming a Scammer Can I get a AMEN brother???
Old 11-14-2010, 08:20 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
ShoNuff...Thats why I just give most of it away..It eliminates the stress of trying to sell and the temptation of becoming a Scammer Can I get a AMEN brother???
Amen to that!
Old 11-14-2010, 08:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaterBater View Post
Amen to that!
This thread has been cleansed......Safe to enter...LOL
Old 11-14-2010, 08:29 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
This thread has been cleansed......Safe to enter...LOL
Thank you sir!
Old 11-14-2010, 09:40 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Double Amen to that.