Blowout Cards Forums
ebay event 8.25.14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2010, 06:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default GB/Damaged Card Question

So I have been in quite a few GB lately and today I received a package in the mail with some cards from one. I am not going to call out breaker yet. Just looking for some opinions Got a couple of the hits in the same top loader with no soft sleeves on them. No tape or protection to stop them from slipping out. The corner of one of my cards looked like this. Does this look like USPS damage or factory damage? The break was not recorded so I can't go back and watch (which I don't agree with). Give me some opinions.

Blown up image

Last edited by mufasa; 11-27-2010 at 06:06 PM.
mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 06:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to avjp87

looks like crappy packaging damage to me.
Old 11-27-2010, 06:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by avjp87 View Post
looks like crappy packaging damage to me.
Same here....I thought you paid for supplies in your break cost?? I have been in a few breaks and everything has come in a Sleeve and toploader. Hell Divino sent me 2 base cards to complete a set and they came in sleeves and toploaders...PM me the breaker and I'll be sure not to join the next
saintsfan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 07:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

I do alot of Gb's as well and it is my opinion that if you are charged for supplies then they should be used. If there is damage issues with a card the Breaker should be responsible to let you know before shipping on what should be done through filing a damage claim or whatever since he has all the reciepts needed to do anything to resolve the issue.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan67 View Post
Same here....I thought you paid for supplies in your break cost?? I have been in a few breaks and everything has come in a Sleeve and toploader. Hell Divino sent me 2 base cards to complete a set and they came in sleeves and toploaders...PM me the breaker and I'll be sure not to join the next
I agree, supply cost are included in the break & it sounds to me like someone put a little extra coinage in their pocket instead of the need supplies!! If he (host) don't make it right, call him out for us all to know.
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 08:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Have you pmed the OP???? Any Word???For the love of God man Let us know..... I said goodday sir!!!
Old 11-28-2010, 01:59 AM   #7 (permalink)

Well I have not Pm'd the guy yet. Wanted to see what everyone said. Now granted the damaged card was not exactly a "hit" but a low #'d card /5. But was in the same toploader as a hit. And I agree, should the breaker not be responsable for telling me about the damaged card and giving me info for replacement. Seems bad to just send it to me without even a mention of it. No video, No communication, nothing
Old 11-29-2010, 04:40 PM   #8 (permalink)

Well sent the breaker a message about the card. He stated it was pack damaged but didn't think to tell me or send me the packaging to get it replaced. Now he does not have anything from the break for replacement request but said that I should try contacting the card company for replacement with nothing. We all know how that goes. And there isn't even a link to a video I could send them. What would you guys do? Now it is just about principal to me. Not really about the card
Old 11-29-2010, 04:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Let us know the break in question...This is crap. 1 bad breaker should not make the rest of the good breakers suffer.Anybody know how to put stars on this thread!!! Mufasa needs some feedback on this as myself...Just a notch below a scam if you ask Me!!! NEG HIM!!!! So I guess your out a 5/5 Card + because he is LAZY. But hen he got you $ he was all in a hurry I suppose.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:00 PM   #10 (permalink)

why would you even get involved in a break that wasnt recorded or done live??? sorry but i dont trust anyone, how do you even know the host breaker didn't break get 2 cases, break them both than keep all the good hits and mailed out the $hit hits.
From the Halls of Montezuma To the shores of Tripoli; We fight our country's battles In the air, on land, and sea; First to fight for right and freedom And to keep our honor clean; We are proud to claim the title Of United States Marine.
ronlabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronlabo View Post
why would you even get involved in a break that wasnt recorded or done live??? sorry but i dont trust anyone, how do you even know the host breaker didn't break get 2 cases, break them both than keep all the good hits and mailed out the $hit hits.
Good Point Ron!!! He needs to get the OP to reply on here by posting a NAME!!!
Old 11-29-2010, 05:08 PM   #12 (permalink)

He did it live but did not record it. But no time was announced for the break. It was just "Hey I am going live in 5 minutes with the break" So could not watch it. I just assumed that all breaks were recorded. Last time I assume. hahaha
Old 11-29-2010, 05:13 PM   #13 (permalink)

maybe i should call out the breaker
Old 11-29-2010, 05:50 PM   #14 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to avjp87

who was it??????????
Old 11-29-2010, 08:28 PM   #15 (permalink)

Wow...that's pretty bad. When I break, pennysleeves (thick and regular) are always on hand and I put anything numbered to 10 or less in their own toploader. (And all hits of course.)

That is pretty bad. I had a few damaged cards in my 2 cases of Limited, but I included the wrapper and top of the box in all 3 packages that had any damaged cards.

HOF Auto needs (277/287): www.freewebs.com/wju2004
wju2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:14 PM   #16 (permalink)

Well since obviously the breaker does not have any of the boxes or wrappers so I will not be getting this replaced, I will mention the breakers name as I will get no resolution. I want to make it clear however that this is in no way, shape or form a bash on the man/woman themselves but just as a poor breaker IMO. BigPapi3434 was the breaker. He has good feedback and is a long time member so I do feel bad about saying it but I feel like I paid my hard earned money to be part of this break and am now out some of that.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:22 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Thats a shame...Don't let one bad break deter you. Alot of good ones out there.. I think there was a thread about this guy awhile back...I'll have to dig it up..Might be wrong as I am old and am losing my mind...
Old 11-30-2010, 12:50 AM   #18 (permalink)

wju2004 does break right seems to me hes the only one i do breaks with when i get in 1 lol