Blowout Cards Forums
13/14 bk Gianninis

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2017, 12:22 PM   #51 (permalink)

Whatever, do as you wish, I was merely trying to give good advice but you clearly know better than all of us that are trying to get through to you. Continue to passively aggressively go at Houdini, it usually works out well for those that try it.

"That cat looks like a pillar of justice, a beacon of freedom, a symbol of equality. It is just fantastic".
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:24 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
Whatever, do as you wish, I was merely trying to give good advice but you clearly know better than all of us that are trying to get through to you. Continue to passively aggressively go at Houdini, it usually works out well for those that try it.

Follow us on Twitter AND Instagram: @Cavaliercards
Cavaliercards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:29 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaliercards View Post
Exactly how many kitty pictures do you have saved up waiting for just the right moment to spring on me? I have a few myself but they aren't BO friendly.

"That cat looks like a pillar of justice, a beacon of freedom, a symbol of equality. It is just fantastic".
Old 04-21-2017, 12:30 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm not going after anyone and haven't singled out any person or group, but I do appreciate the advice.
griffan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:30 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Exactly how many kitty pictures do you have saved up waiting for just the right moment to spring on me? I have a few myself but they aren't BO friendly.
1TB External Hard Drive full of links to them labeled Purrfect Pics for CoggyPoo

Old 04-21-2017, 12:48 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffan15 View Post
I'm trying to be as respectful as possible here, but how am I acting inappropriately by posting the rules of the forum?

Is this section not used for these types of discussions?
Go away.
Old 04-21-2017, 01:12 PM   #57 (permalink)

Scrotums are overrunning this place

WHAT CAN WE DO?
Old 04-21-2017, 01:15 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm not going after anyone and haven't singled out any person or group, but I do appreciate the advice.
Don't appreciate it take it.
Come say that to my face/tb071885
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:38 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
There was no transaction, so no negative can be left. This was explained to me just a couple of days ago.
Quote:
Did I miss the part where the paypal info was sent to the other party? If it was sent, then there was a transaction in place and a negative can be left.

If it was never sent, then there was no transaction.
Quote:
This isn't a trade though, so your logic doesn't apply. A deal isn't finalized until payment information is exchanged.

So with the information given, this deal was never finalized.

Different story if all the information wasn't supplied in the OP.
Quote:
I understand perfectly, but like I said earlier, information is missing from the original post. If payment information was sent to the other party, then it's a deal and a negative is worthy. Otherwise, it's not a transaction per the forum rules.

"When is a deal finalized?

A deal is only finalized when both parties agree and payment details are set."

Seeing that the mods have taken care of it tells me they got the information they needed from the OP and payment information was sent.

You guys are stuck focusing on the ridiculous excuse and not the parameters surrounding the transaction as a whole.

It amazes me how you are able to complete 401 transactions here and still have NO CLUE, it is obvious your animosity about your deal with mods and what you was told is showing up in this thread big time, get over it already. This transaction is clear cut as I stated in second post of this thread, if you can't understand it, then you are on your own.
Old 04-21-2017, 01:53 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerscards View Post
It amazes me how you are able to complete 401 transactions here and still have NO CLUE, it is obvious your animosity about your deal with mods and what you was told is showing up in this thread big time, get over it already. This transaction is clear cut as I stated in second post of this thread, if you can't understand it, then you are on your own.
You need to take this advice. Seriously, we get it, you feel slighted because you don't agree with what happened in your case but you're not fooling anyone with the passive aggressive shots you're throwing around.

You know and we know what you're doing so do yourself a favor, take a break from this section and get over it
#1 14-15 Select collector. Going for the master set 1/1s included .
Subsets I need: Rookie Swatches Tie-Dye (Payton) -- Concourse Purple/White (Steph Curry) -- Concourse Red -- (Kobe, Lavine) Rookie Autographs Copper (Wiggins, Exum, Vonleh, Lavine, Clarkson)
jcardstore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:09 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcardstore View Post
You need to take this advice. Seriously, we get it, you feel slighted because you don't agree with what happened in your case but you're not fooling anyone with the passive aggressive shots you're throwing around.

You know and we know what you're doing so do yourself a favor, take a break from this section and get over it
I do have a question though. Is it really a rule that a deal is not complete until paypal info is sent?
Old 04-21-2017, 02:16 PM   #62 (permalink)

Why is it so difficult for some members to understand what constitutes a deal, particular members with several hundred feedback?

If you post in a sale thread saying you'll take it or make an offer and the seller contacts you agreeing/acknowledging your claim to buy it, that is a deal.

If you offer someone a trade and they reply accepting the offer, its a deal.

Paypal address/mailing address doesn't always have to be involved, only an offer and acceptance of the offer from the other person. Its pretty simple. The only time a deal isn't made is if the person making the offer retracts the offer before the other person agrees to it.
Old 04-21-2017, 02:23 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGT Masters View Post
Why is it so difficult for some members to understand what constitutes a deal, particular members with several hundred feedback?
So the answer to my question is no, correct? That is all I asked and was curious.
Old 04-21-2017, 02:28 PM   #64 (permalink)

I ask because it doesn't seem like the rules matter on this forum, for example:

3. The items you are selling must be in your possession. If you are selling through comc or a digital item (like an epack card) in your online account, that is fine as long as it is clearly stated in your listing. If you have an item on its way to you (like a purchase or a group break), wait until it arrives to post it for sale. Selling spots within a group break here on the forum is fine as long as the break host allows it.

I reached out to the contact us link for BO at bottom right corner of everypage and never got a response on my request. So maybe there is gray areas
Old 04-21-2017, 02:29 PM   #65 (permalink)

This one too. Why are sale values required but not trade values?

8. You must price every item for sale in your listing. A lot price is fine as long as you are only selling as a lot and clearly list as such. Outrageous/unreasonable prices will get your thread deleted. Posting a lot price and selling individually will get your thread deleted. If you are only trading, please post that clearly in your thread and a listed trade value is appreciated.
Old 04-21-2017, 02:31 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian13 View Post
I do have a question though. Is it really a rule that a deal is not complete until paypal info is sent?
No, not a rule whatsoever. Exchanging Paypal moves the situation past grey area into a no doubt deal but there are many ways to constitute a completed deal without that step. Almost all are common sense, it's just that so few people have any.

Old 04-21-2017, 02:37 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
This is my interpretation of the rule because it's in the FAQs, I've bolded the paypal information:

When is a deal finalized?

There are differing opinions here. I will post my thoughts and then add another view below.

A deal is only finalized when both parties agree and payment details are set.

If you are negotiating and the other party decides to deal with someone else, suck it up. You had no deal.

If I send you an offer, it is still not a deal once you respond. The reason is I may have sent multiple offers to multiple people. By the time you finally respond, I may have already sold the item. It happens.

I post a sale thread and you post "I will take it." That is still not a deal until I respond. Someone else may have sent a PM first.

I send you an offer, you reply with an acceptance, I reply with my paypal information... now we have a deal.

HINT: Always include when you are going to pay and when/how you are going to ship. If something changes, communicate! Most deals go bad due to poor communication.

A differing view:

Once a buyer says "I will take it, send me your paypal info" then there is a deal in place. If the buyer never pays, they have failed to live up to their part of the deal.
Old 04-21-2017, 02:39 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
This is my interpretation of the rule because it's in the FAQs

Old 04-21-2017, 02:41 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:

Old 04-21-2017, 02:48 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
You're starting to like me, I can tell.
Old 04-21-2017, 02:49 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
You're starting to like me, I can tell.
This made me laugh out loud. I think your premise is incorrect but the delivery was brilliant.

Old 04-21-2017, 02:51 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
This made me laugh out loud. I think your premise is incorrect but the delivery was brilliant.
Sounds like coughing out a hairball

Old 04-21-2017, 02:51 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
No, not a rule whatsoever. Exchanging Paypal moves the situation past grey area into a no doubt deal but there are many ways to constitute a completed deal without that step. Almost all are common sense, it's just that so few people have any.
Ok thank you
Old 04-21-2017, 03:14 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Ok thank you
Some of the threads on the topic are eye opening to say the least. There certainly are issues where there is grey area or room for discussion but the two main ones being discussed right now are as cut and dry as exist.

I'm still trying to wrap my mind out of backing out because the wife said so though. I've been with mine for 20 years so I fully understand about respect and wishing to stay out of the doghouse. However, no way in hell do I back out of a deal much less use my wife as an excuse. Grow some damn balls and be a grown up. Don't agree to deals that the wife will have issue with and if you screw up and do, explain to her that you have to follow through with your word and uphold your obligation by completing the transaction. Sell the card after if necessary. So few men left anymore.

Old 04-21-2017, 04:30 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
I ask because it doesn't seem like the rules matter on this forum, for example:

3. The items you are selling must be in your possession. If you are selling through comc or a digital item (like an epack card) in your online account, that is fine as long as it is clearly stated in your listing. If you have an item on its way to you (like a purchase or a group break), wait until it arrives to post it for sale. Selling spots within a group break here on the forum is fine as long as the break host allows it.

I reached out to the contact us link for BO at bottom right corner of everypage and never got a response on my request. So maybe there is gray areas

COMC or a digital item are items not dependent on as many factors as an incoming item. For those items you log in, send the item, you're done, customer has item.

For items incoming you can have people who don't ship, lost mail, damaged mail, then you have to go to your buyer and say uhhhhh card got damaged and void your deal.

Quote:
This one too. Why are sale values required but not trade values?

8. You must price every item for sale in your listing. A lot price is fine as long as you are only selling as a lot and clearly list as such. Outrageous/unreasonable prices will get your thread deleted. Posting a lot price and selling individually will get your thread deleted. If you are only trading, please post that clearly in your thread and a listed trade value is appreciated.
This one I don't quite understand myself. I understand trade values are a lot more flexible but they should still carry a range.
Branesergen is offline   Reply With Quote