Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2010, 04:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ebay: diamond9sports

Ordered some graded card sleeves from him and they arrived in pretty bad shape, not from shipping but it looks like they are just extremely old and dirty.

Top ones are from diamond9sports, very yellow in appearance, bottom ones are from a better seller

There was a residue inside of all of the sleeves, looks like moisture may have built up and then evaporated? This mildew like substance could be wiped away using my finger but theres no way I could or would clean the internal length of every single sleeve. He calimed this is "powder used during the making of the sleeves"

Being a lowprice item and not worth paying shipping to send them back to him, these sleeves ended up being a waste of time and money for me, just wanted to let everyone know so that they don't fall into the same problem with him.
fataldog187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to ChicagoCubsWS

please tell me you left a neutral or neg.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

Are they the same brand sleeves? I've actually bought packs of sleeves brand new out of a fresh case, with that very same look. I always thought that's just how they came from that manufactures. So, I went to a different brand after that pack ran out.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoCubsWS View Post
please tell me you left a neutral or neg.
Yea, I left a neutral and he had a fit, called me childish for doing so. He also blocked me as a bidder, said he might reconsider only if I retracted the feedback. I guess I won't be able to buy anything from him now. Oh well

Zerokruel, yes they are both Ultra Pro sleeves. What brand were the ones you got? I have gotten other sleeves in the past (from other sellers and a local place) and have never seen this type of issue, it leads me to believe that they have just been sitting there for a very long time. The copyright on the front of the packaging reads 1999, I know that doesnt mean that these were manufactured in that year but from what I see, there's a good chance of it!

I have also never heard of any type of powder being put into any type of card sleeves/pages or other supplies. I have the bags in hand and it is clearly not powder of any type. Nonetheless, I would not put anything in these type of dirty sleeves, especially high priced graded cards.
fataldog187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

Wow he flipped that you left a neutral imagine if you left a neg. In that case I might not feel safe if I were you and have to move!
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote