Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2011, 12:31 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Beware of member jj705a1

About 3 months ago I purchased two cards, a Koufax auto and a Musial triple auto from member jj705a1 for $325. I made a lapse in judgement and payed him via paypal gift. I started contacting him about a month after payment was made and cards were not recieved. He at first, kept good contact with me ensuring me that he had in fact mailed the cards. He claimed to have DC but he said that he had gotten rid of the DC stub as he assumed that I had already recieved the cards. The member seemed like an honest guy, kept good contact but in the end, when I asked for a refund, he has not responded now in almost a full week. I now believe that I did in deed get played for a fool by this mamber. I encourage all of you to be aware of any dealings with jj705a1. I learned a big lesson here. I will never pay via paypal gift no matter what. My wife is so mad at me over this that she has told me I am not allowed to ever purchase anything off of this site again. I think this will blow over eventually, I have had some great deals with other member here but this deal, does put a bad taste in my mouth. Anyways, I am just posting this so that others here don't get taken the same way that I did.
romad97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Sorry about your lose. I checked the member on the contact list. He has been a member since 2007 but has only 40+ post and a 4 itrade. He is not a very active and visible member here. Why in the world would you agree to send a gift payment to him? There are members here, highly active members, that I would send a gift payment to but your seller is not one of them. Kiss your money good-bye.
WCTYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:40 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by romad97 View Post
About 3 months ago I purchased two cards, a Koufax auto and a Musial triple auto from member jj705a1 for $325. I made a lapse in judgement and payed him via paypal gift. I started contacting him about a month after payment was made and cards were not recieved. He at first, kept good contact with me ensuring me that he had in fact mailed the cards. He claimed to have DC but he said that he had gotten rid of the DC stub as he assumed that I had already recieved the cards. The member seemed like an honest guy, kept good contact but in the end, when I asked for a refund, he has not responded now in almost a full week. I now believe that I did in deed get played for a fool by this mamber. I encourage all of you to be aware of any dealings with jj705a1. I learned a big lesson here. I will never pay via paypal gift no matter what. My wife is so mad at me over this that she has told me I am not allowed to ever purchase anything off of this site again. I think this will blow over eventually, I have had some great deals with other member here but this deal, does put a bad taste in my mouth. Anyways, I am just posting this so that others here don't get taken the same way that I did.
Story sounds familiar. Have you posted this before?
xbignick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:41 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
He posted the situation, but hadn't said who the member was.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:43 AM   #5 (permalink)

I would gift only small amounts and only to people I have done deals with before. I would never send paypal gift for that high of a purchase though no matter the seller as I would need some protections no matter what. Damn that is a good chunk too. Sorry bro. Expensive lesson learned.

Only gift to people you have done successful deals with that are active members. Truly sorry. It will blow over though.

MY PC NFS/NFT: http://www.zistle.com/bboi30/collections/baseball
bboi30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I also hope you left appropriate itrader feedback.
dthimesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:05 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
I posted about the situation. I wgave the seller an aditional week to make it right and he chose not to even contact me back, wasn't even man enough to tell me that he wasn't going to refund my money. Anyhow, i just wanted to post this one to go ahead and out the seller as a scammer.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

sorry bro try and file a claim
boxbreaker88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:24 AM   #9 (permalink)

Sorry to hear that man!
Old 01-15-2011, 01:29 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxbreaker88 View Post
sorry bro try and file a claim
I thought this was not an option due to paying via paypal gift?
Old 01-15-2011, 02:02 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
I thought this was not an option due to paying via paypal gift?
I believe Fitch said there was a way to do it. I never have, but he may be able to help you. Look up your original thread and I think he commented about how he did it.

I would try for the hell of it.

MY PC NFS/NFT: http://www.zistle.com/bboi30/collections/baseball
bboi30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 04:34 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboi30 View Post
I believe Fitch said there was a way to do it. I never have, but he may be able to help you. Look up your original thread and I think he commented about how he did it.

I would try for the hell of it.
Hmm I had a recent paypal gift dispute (I was the buyer in a transaction through blowout) sided in my favor, but of course that was for a smaller value transaction and I didn't wait over 3 months. At this point it may be too late to even open a dispute in which case I would suggest going through your bank/credit card. Hopefully it went through your credit card because many companies have 0 liability fraud protection that I'm sure you can loophole into working in your favor.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:38 AM   #13 (permalink)

Well I tried to file a dispute but, I am past the 45 day window so I honestly believe that I am officially screwed out of my $325. Man this was a hard lesson learned. I had Sold my 2 Aaron Rodgers rookie cards becouse my wife and I needed some money becouse of this current deployment I am on. Those were my two favorite cards. My wife reluctantly allowed me to spend $325 of that money for these two cards becouse she knows I am a huge Dodgers fan and she was being nice becouse she knew I gave up my 2 favorite cards. To get burned like this is a true kick in the nuts. I have definatly learned my lessons out of this whole ordeal though. 1, I will never pay via gift and 2, I will never wait longer than 30 days to file a dispute. I have always tried to believe that people are good for the most part but in the end, a good attitude and outlook on life cost me $325 in this case. No use in crying over spilled milk I guess.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:31 AM   #14 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthimesch View Post
I also hope you left appropriate itrader feedback.
This is the first thing to do before even making a thread about it.
admin_blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:39 AM   #15 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to lobo_hacker

-If he's in your country, which i am assuming is in North America, you can file a small claims case against him in your jurisdiction. May not make economic sense to do so, but if that option intrigues you just to do what you can to get paid back, talk to local legal counsel.

This is why you never, ever, ever give people the benefit of the doubt without knowing your options, dispute, etc.

Good luck.

lobo_hacker
lobo_hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:59 AM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

I hope he was not from OHIO!!! It might be the same guy but under a different name that got my sons PC!!!
saintsfan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:31 PM   #17 (permalink)

Judge Judy or Peoples Court!
Old 01-15-2011, 01:34 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSportsCardForum View Post
God I would laugh my ass off if someday there were two sports cards people battling it out on Judy! ESP if they were from BO!!!
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSportsCardForum View Post
I'd like to see just a hanggin and no trial!!! But thats just my opinion of Crooks......
saintsfan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:01 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Well I tried to file a dispute but, I am past the 45 day window so I honestly believe that I am officially screwed out of my $325. Man this was a hard lesson learned. I had Sold my 2 Aaron Rodgers rookie cards becouse my wife and I needed some money becouse of this current deployment I am on. Those were my two favorite cards. My wife reluctantly allowed me to spend $325 of that money for these two cards becouse she knows I am a huge Dodgers fan and she was being nice becouse she knew I gave up my 2 favorite cards. To get burned like this is a true kick in the nuts. I have definatly learned my lessons out of this whole ordeal though. 1, I will never pay via gift and 2, I will never wait longer than 30 days to file a dispute. I have always tried to believe that people are good for the most part but in the end, a good attitude and outlook on life cost me $325 in this case. No use in crying over spilled milk I guess.
How was the money taken from paypal? Did you have cash in PP account or did you charge it from you credit card? If it was your credit card you can still file a claim with your credit card company and go that route. If it was cash already in your PP account you are probably SOL! Sorry!
mwolfson22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:03 PM   #21 (permalink)

With some of the cases Ive seen between both shows, theres no reason why this wouldnt make it. Ive seen cases going after as little as 80.00 in cash get on.

I dont remember which one it was but I got a good laugh at one where this kid was selling either ipods or psp's or a ds and he would ship either a brick or bundled box of rocks lol.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:05 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwolfson22 View Post
How was the money taken from paypal? Did you have cash in PP account or did you charge it from you credit card? If it was your credit card you can still file a claim with your credit card company and go that route. If it was cash already in your PP account you are probably SOL! Sorry!
I assume since it was paid via gift it wasnt backed by credit card.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:33 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan67 View Post
I hope he was not from OHIO!!! It might be the same guy but under a different name that got my sons PC!!!
I'm in Ohio---got an address?

http://s1115.photobucket.com/albums/k543/obadger/sale%20or%20trade---Autos/
obadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:28 AM   #24 (permalink)

It was paid with about 90 dollars of paypal balance and I had to add about 235, I always pay via my credit card through Ebay when I don't have any paypal balance left so I am going to look into seeing if and what my bank can do for me.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:46 AM   #25 (permalink)
Banned

Why would you wait this long??????????? I am not trying to blame the victim here, if you are the victim?, but you could not have made this any easier for him.
WCTYSON is offline   Reply With Quote