Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2011, 11:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Angry Bad Selling Experience

So this is one of the only times I've truly been frustrated with someone on this site. Not gonna say the name yet...but here's the deal:

I see this guy putting up WTB threads almost on a daily basis. I saw one and had a VERY nice lot for him. About $200 in sale value. I PM'd him and he was interested in it. I let him pick and choose which he wanted and he picked a nice lot of GU/AU/Patches/RCs, lots of nice stuff and I cut him a deal for about $100 on that lot. He then kept asking questions about the cards, like really specific questions, and I was frustrated because it was 2 AM and we had been talking since 9:30 about this lot. He continued to ask these stupid questions about each individual card and would continue to narrow it down then add cards, etc. Long story short I said the original lot for $95 dlvd, you want it? (which was a fantastic deal) and he told me he only had $25 to spend at the moment. That's after 5 hours of negotiations. I was pissed. He asked me to put a $25 lot together and I did with about 6 Strasburgs and 3 Heywards from this year as well as a couple of jersey/autos. A very nice deal. And he said no. This happens all the time. This to me is why he has been on here for a while and posts these WTB threads all the time and has a feedback rating of like 7.

Sorry, needed to vent. Just really pissed me off because I thought I had a really good deal going down when the buyer had no intention whatsoever of buying.
sportscards1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

I think I remember the guy you are talking about. I have found that most of the people doing these WTB threads, are full of #@#@#@#@. If its not a member I know is serious about buying, than I am not wasting anymore of my time.

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
lemur01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to ChicagoCubsWS

just say it was boston...

and thats why you dont deal with him
Old 01-20-2011, 11:14 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemur01 View Post
I think I remember the guy you are talking about. I have found that most of the people doing these WTB threads, are full of #@#@#@#@. If its not a member I know is serious about buying, than I am not wasting anymore of my time.
If it was a WTB thread I responded to and got a PM back with a "no thanks", its no problem. But this was a 5 hour, late into the night ordeal...and I was being BSed the whole time...
Old 01-20-2011, 11:15 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoCubsWS View Post
just say it was boston...

and thats why you dont deal with him
Ding Ding Ding!!!!!!

Haha, similar experience?
Old 01-20-2011, 11:17 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to ChicagoCubsWS

theres been too many threads on him
Old 01-20-2011, 11:37 PM   #7 (permalink)

There seems to be a new crop coming through though. One that always ask for Posey and another that always ask for J. Sale. I think one has a 0 and the other has a 2 on itrade. Those a just 2 examples of a lot of time wasters that have been around here lately.
WCTYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:11 AM   #8 (permalink)

What a jack A$$. I hate that. will have to stay clear of him.

Tell you what I hate those people who never answer a PM back when they are just posting like no tomorrow. If your interested in something and don't like a deal be a man and say no thanks or I will pass or something dammit. Don't just leave a guy hangin'.

MY PC NFS/NFT: http://www.zistle.com/bboi30/collections/baseball
bboi30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:09 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboi30 View Post
What a jack A$$. I hate that. will have to stay clear of him.

Tell you what I hate those people who never answer a PM back when they are just posting like no tomorrow. If your interested in something and don't like a deal be a man and say no thanks or I will pass or something dammit. Don't just leave a guy hangin'.
Agreed. A member here left me hanging on an Evan Turner GU/Auto. Its like c'mon man, just tell me your not interested...
Isaacx890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:49 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaacx890 View Post
Agreed. A member here left me hanging on an Evan Turner GU/Auto. Its like c'mon man, just tell me your not interested...
Internet....how it makes people think you can be rude....

MY PC NFS/NFT: http://www.zistle.com/bboi30/collections/baseball
bboi30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
Inactive Account

I think we need two separate forum rooms, one for selling and one for the wtb. I never waste my time messing with the wtb unless I know the member.
TSJCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:38 PM   #12 (permalink)

never deal with boston473
Old 01-21-2011, 01:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
Don't hold back you fellings...Let it all out...
saintsfan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:44 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSJCT View Post
I think we need two separate forum rooms, one for selling and one for the wtb. I never waste my time messing with the wtb unless I know the member.
Ugh, maybe this is why when I posted a WTB Jared Allen High-End Auto/Patches I got nothing nada zippo, and I was serious about buying!
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:47 PM   #15 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by alazarevich View Post
Ugh, maybe this is why when I posted a WTB Jared Allen High-End Auto/Patches I got nothing nada zippo, and I was serious about buying!
Yes it sucks for people like you that really want to buy. A few bad apples killed the wtb threads.
TSJCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:32 PM   #16 (permalink)

Looks like all of your good deeds in finding this guy the perfect deal did not go unpunished. As AVP said, I think that it only makes sense to respond to vague WTB threads from people that you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscards1013 View Post
So this is one of the only times I've truly been frustrated with someone on this site. Not gonna say the name yet...but here's the deal:

I see this guy putting up WTB threads almost on a daily basis. I saw one and had a VERY nice lot for him. About $200 in sale value. I PM'd him and he was interested in it. I let him pick and choose which he wanted and he picked a nice lot of GU/AU/Patches/RCs, lots of nice stuff and I cut him a deal for about $100 on that lot. He then kept asking questions about the cards, like really specific questions, and I was frustrated because it was 2 AM and we had been talking since 9:30 about this lot. He continued to ask these stupid questions about each individual card and would continue to narrow it down then add cards, etc. Long story short I said the original lot for $95 dlvd, you want it? (which was a fantastic deal) and he told me he only had $25 to spend at the moment. That's after 5 hours of negotiations. I was pissed. He asked me to put a $25 lot together and I did with about 6 Strasburgs and 3 Heywards from this year as well as a couple of jersey/autos. A very nice deal. And he said no. This happens all the time. This to me is why he has been on here for a while and posts these WTB threads all the time and has a feedback rating of like 7.

Sorry, needed to vent. Just really pissed me off because I thought I had a really good deal going down when the buyer had no intention whatsoever of buying.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:40 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan67 View Post
Don't hold back you fellings...Let it all out...
I had the exact same experience with this d*** bucket as everyone else in this thread. I WTB these things. Discuss for hours. Never hear back. This is the same d*** bucket that posted a thread in off topic that wanted to trade paypal for cash.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:30 PM   #18 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Screamer
Default This is your own fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscards1013 View Post
Long story short I said the original lot for $95 dlvd, you want it? (which was a fantastic deal) and he told me he only had $25 to spend at the moment. That's after 5 hours of negotiations. I was pissed. He asked me to put a $25 lot together and I did with about 6 Strasburgs and 3 Heywards from this year as well as a couple of jersey/autos. A very nice deal. And he said no. This happens all the time. This to me is why he has been on here for a while and posts these WTB threads all the time and has a feedback rating of like 7
Why would you AGAIN try and make a deal with this guy? You already found out he was a fkn liar and you're trying to help him again?

Once he started asking about stupid specifics of the cards, you shoulda told him to buy or get lost. It's your own fault
Screamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:31 PM   #19 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Screamer

Tyler, I'm sorry you're from Copperopolis
Screamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:36 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screamer View Post
Why would you AGAIN try and make a deal with this guy? You already found out he was a fkn liar and you're trying to help him again?

Once he started asking about stupid specifics of the cards, you shoulda told him to buy or get lost. It's your own fault
I wasn't aware of the problems with him, really I don't check this section of the forums out too often.

I was in a spot where I was really on $$ and needed some quick cash. So I really thought I could at least get something out of it. I tried to get an answer but there was just more and more stupid questions and I felt like I would just be polite and answer them.

I disagree that it's my own fault. I was in a position in which I felt like I needed to make a sale, and found a great possibility of making that happen. It didn't work out, in a way that I found extremely frustrating. But thanks for your opinion.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:30 AM   #21 (permalink)

Most of the time those WTB threads you need to read the really small fine print which consists of "only buying if its pennies on the dollar and I leave you bleeding from your arse when the deal is done".

Crap for trade-
https://picasaweb.google.com/103658828018382987910
NonSportsCardForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 02:35 AM   #22 (permalink)

Too true.^^^^^^^^^^

Last edited by WCTYSON; 01-22-2011 at 04:52 PM.
WCTYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:29 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screamer View Post
Tyler, I'm sorry you're from Copperopolis
Wait, you actually know where it is?
Old 01-22-2011, 07:02 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
happened to me two times! NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!
Looking for 1968 TOPPS #177 METS ROOKIE STARS
1959 Topps Don Drysdale #387
Collect Mike Piazza, Pedro Martinez, Andre Ethier, Randy Johnson, Nolan Ryan, Tom Seaver, Mets, 60s and 70s Topps
ROOKIES:looking for Buster Posey and Ike Davis
piazza31 is offline   Reply With Quote