Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2011, 11:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Beware ebay buyer

Be careful when selling to ebay member tonsofprospects. He was the highest bidder on two of my cards last Sunday. I sent him two invoice copies, a week goes by and no payment. I figured this guy was a deadbeat, so I sold one of the cards today. He finally sends payment. I explain the situation and refund his money. Guy gets butt hurt, fills my inbox with questionable comments, and leaves terrible feedback. All this over $18 worth of product which was refunded. Use caution when selling to tonsofprospects.

Is there any way I can comment on the feedback this guy left?

Last edited by shortbus; 02-14-2011 at 11:53 PM.
shortbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:06 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbus View Post
Be careful when selling to ebay member tonsofprospects. He was the highest bidder on two of my cards last Sunday. I sent him two invoice copies, a week goes by and no payment. I figured this guy was a deadbeat, so I sold one of the cards today. He finally sends payment. I explain the situation and refund his money. Guy gets butt hurt, fills my inbox with questionable comments, and leaves terrible feedback. All this over $18 worth of product which was refunded. Use caution when selling to tonsofprospects.

I would contact eBay to try and get it removed. If you kept the messages, it shouldn't be too hard of a case for you to win.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:34 AM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to yazevans

Quote:

Yeah, I had an issue with that buyer recently as well, I finally filed a non-paying bidder after about 8 days and he paid the next morning. It shouldn't have to be like pulling teeth but sometimes it feels like it...
Old 02-15-2011, 08:39 AM   #4 (permalink)

Did I jump the gun by selling the card when his funds had not come through after a week? Just trying to learn for future experiences.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:44 AM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to npbaker1

Quote:
Did I jump the gun by selling the card when his funds had not come through after a week? Just trying to learn for future experiences.
If you did not go through the ebay unpaid item process then yes you jumped the gun. If you do not go through that then you are still obligated to sell once payment is received. My recomendation is set the automatic open unpaid item assist at 4 days. Case stays open another 4 days and if no payment received then it is closed and you get your fees back and then you can sell the card to someone else.
npbaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:45 AM   #6 (permalink)

I'm not saying you're in the right or wrong. A good idea in the future might be to put some kind of disclaimer stating something along the lines of "payment due within 48 or 72 hours otherwise card will be re-listed and a claim opened" or something similar. IMO
FreshBreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:03 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBreak View Post
I'm not saying you're in the right or wrong. A good idea in the future might be to put some kind of disclaimer stating something along the lines of "payment due within 48 or 72 hours otherwise card will be re-listed and a claim opened" or something similar. IMO
I will be doing this.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:19 AM   #8 (permalink)

eBay doucher to avoid: tonsofprospects
http://freedomcardboard.com/forum/vi...?f=23&t=120033

I thought that name sounded familiar.
endthecurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:08 AM   #9 (permalink)

how the heck does he still have an active ebay account with all the NPBs filed against him? do they not count if he actual pays? what a turdbomber. send him some turd with his wine and cheese act
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:24 AM   #10 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:

Yes you did. Always wait until a non-paying buyer claim has prossesed and closed so they can not leave negative feedback.
dthimesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:11 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Gun was jumped for sure. Never resell the card until the Non Payer claim is completed.
SacGWYNN19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:14 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBreak View Post
Even with this...they can pay for the card while the claim is open. Never, ever relist a card until the non payment claim is closed. It does not matter what you put in your description, the buyer will have 4 days from the time the non paying claim is filed to pay before the item can be closed and FVF refunded.
SacGWYNN19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:17 PM   #13 (permalink)

Thanks for all the feedback guys. This will help me to be a better ebay seller in the future.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:28 PM   #14 (permalink)

changed user name to unlimitedsuperstars
jortiz1012 is offline   Reply With Quote