Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2011, 10:32 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default receiving feedback from others ebay

why is it that as a seller u leave feedback for someone, they can't have the courtesy of sending feedback back to u? granted i have a great rating but every bit helps. i have even sent a polite email to the buyer asking for some help with the feedback or to acknowledge they received the card but still nothing.

sorry had to vent a little guys
beaver1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:49 AM   #2 (permalink)

You just have to come to the conclusion that there are some dbags out there. Nothing that can be done. People find humor in putting others down and even just not giving someone feedback. If they know it is bothering you then they are enjoying it. Just let it go and move on...
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Screamer

People are a-holes... As a seller, I don't leave feedback unless they leave it for me. That way, if they want to leave a negative, I can at least put up a negative for them, even though it'll show as positive
Screamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

I see it from both ways. I actually feel that leaving feedback should be an option, and not mandatory. I think get bent about feedback is small and petty as long as you received your item in good condition and in a timely manner.

With that being said, as a seller - I try to leave feedback as soon as I get paid. I noticed that all of my DSR's and my returned feedback went up when I started doing this. As a buyer, I just never cared if I got it or not. It's like padding your post count. If you have a 100% - who cares how many transaction you really have.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

zero--------i see your pt. but unfortunately there are a lot of people out there that care what your count is. i had people tell me they wouldn't buy from me till i got x amount of sales. have also noticed people are not afraid to bid more $ when u get a higher sell rating. like i said it's not a big deal but would be nice if someone was courteous to do the same in return. as a seller if my communication sucks i get a negative, but as a buyer u can't get a negative, or even a neutral. that's bs!!! u either ignore it, or leave them a positive rating and a negative comment. oh well.....at least i got the $$$$
beaver1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:15 PM   #6 (permalink)

I know how you feel. I just parted out a laptop into about 12 different auctions. I shipped everything out, everything except the international stuff made it across the country in 2 days. I've received 1 feedback so far, and I've left all 12 already. Pretty lame.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:41 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screamer View Post
People are a-holes... As a seller, I don't leave feedback unless they leave it for me. That way, if they want to leave a negative, I can at least put up a negative for them, even though it'll show as positive
And people like you are the reason that ebay feedback policy is the way it is today.

As a seller, if you receive the money without issue, there are very few reasons why you should leave anything other than a positive regardless of what they leave for you. Your "revenge" feedback to a buyer is dishonest and distasteful.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:06 PM   #8 (permalink)

I used to get mad at it too, but you have to just push on. Maybe he is not wanting to give bad feedback, so instead he is not leaving any. Not aying you did anything wrong, just saying something may have happened or they may travel a lot. I got feedback once nearly 30 days after the package got there. In any case I feel you, keep it pushin' and you'll be good.

MY PC NFS/NFT: http://www.zistle.com/bboi30/collections/baseball
bboi30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:20 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blokkem View Post
And people like you are the reason that ebay feedback policy is the way it is today.

As a seller, if you receive the money without issue, there are very few reasons why you should leave anything other than a positive regardless of what they leave for you. Your "revenge" feedback to a buyer is dishonest and distasteful.
How about those buyers who try to extort money? I love them.

Or the buyers who ask for extra cards and promise 5 strar feedback if you do that.

Or yet, how about when you have to open NPB case and they decide to leave you bad feedback because you wanted to get paid. Why shouldn't I be able to leave negative feedback for that buyer? The strike is a joke.

When you decide to actually sell on eBay frequently, and run into buyer who abuse the system - I promise you that your tune will change.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Old 02-16-2011, 06:34 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post

Or the buyers who ask for extra cards and promise 5 strar feedback if you do that.

Or yet, how about when you have to open NPB case and they decide to leave you bad feedback because you wanted to get paid. Why shouldn't I be able to leave negative feedback for that buyer? The strike is a joke.

When you decide to actually sell on eBay frequently, and run into buyer who abuse the system - I promise you that your tune will change.
^^^^ Exactly. I get sick of these "buyer advocates" that get on here and BASH everyone who sells and runs into problems. Two folks come to mind who comment on EVERY thread when a seller legitimately is asking for help in a troublesome situation.

The customer is NOT always right...and trust me, buyers can be JUST as much hassle as difficult sellers, if not more so.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:47 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:

I've sold plenty on ebay and I can guarantee that sellers being able to use feedback as a conduit for revenge is complete BS.

I do completely agree that a NPB should not be able to leave feedback for the seller. I would be in full support of a system that didn't allow the buyer to leave feedback until the paypal transaction finalized.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:57 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blokkem View Post
I've sold plenty on ebay and I can guarantee that sellers being able to use feedback as a conduit for revenge is complete BS.

I do completely agree that a NPB should not be able to leave feedback for the seller. I would be in full support of a system that didn't allow the buyer to leave feedback until the paypal transaction finalized.

If a seller is wrong.. He is wrong.

But it is wrong with the amount of power a buyer has. I had a buyer last year purcahse an item from me. He said it was damaged in transportation. Please let me know how you would like to resolve this. If I do no like the resolution, I will leave you a negative.

I said, "Please send me pictures of the damage for insurance purpose. I will gladly accept the item back for a full refund on all cost.

The buyer was not happy. He wanted 60% of his money back, and to keep the item. I also never recieved any pictures. After going back and forth - I threatened to send his e-mails to eBay and contact USPS for fraud. Never heard back... I get this type of stuff constantly because I sell in high volume.

I'd love to warn other sellers of guys like this, but I can't leave any kind of feedback, because he would just leave me a negative... So what do I do??? I block him and let others know.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Old 02-16-2011, 07:07 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
You haven't sold enough to get a DSR raiting (10 items in the last 12 months). So I am not sure what flag you have to raise.

If a seller is wrong.. He is wrong.

But it is wrong with the amount of power a buyer has. I had a buyer last year purcahse an item from me. He said it was damaged in transportation. Please let me know how you would like to resolve this. If I do no like the resolution, I will leave you a negative.

I said, "Please send me pictures of the damage for insurance purpose. I will gladly accept the item back for a full refund on all cost.

The buyer was not happy. He wanted 60% of his money back, and to keep the item. I also never recieved any pictures. After going back and forth - I threatened to send his e-mails to eBay and contact USPS for fraud. Never heard back... I get this type of stuff constantly because I sell in high volume.

I'd love to warn other sellers of guys like this, but I can't leave any kind of feedback, because he would just leave me a negative... So what do I do??? I block him and let others know.
Glad you took the time to visit my ebay page, your assumption basing that account to my ebay experience is baseless, but I digress.

To the point. On the opposite side of the spectrum (on old ebay), you have sellers that will ship a bogus, poorly described, knock off to a buyer and tell the buyer if they don't leave positive feedback that they will do the same to them. So in that regard the seller never gets the negatives they deserve because they extort the positive feedback from the buyer.

Look, I know the system is messed up, and I do agree that power is in favor of the buyer. I've said it before on this site, when we put items up for sell, it's not like we don't know that going in. The bottom line is that there are lousy sellers and buyers.

What's the action that needs to be taken to fix ebay's feedback system when you take into account buyer AND seller fairness? Not an easy problem to fix.