Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2011, 08:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Clueless ebay buyer, block him!!!

Block ebay buyer:mnswarm24

This buyer is clueless. He buys a $1.00 card from me and shipping is $2.15. He pays, its shipped same day and he gets it in about three days. I shipped the card in a top loader sealed with a team bag and put cardboard around the top loader and used a bubble cushion envelope. The buyer leaves me positive feedback saying shipping was a bit high. As soon as I read the feedback I checked my DSR's, which I do regularly and he got me good, probably 1 or 2 on all categories. He has three feedback and has been on ebay less than a month.
I usually suck it up when this stuff happens but it just pisses me off that people can't read a listing before they buy an item. I never forced him to buy from me and I was upfront with shipping cost. So I blocked him and actually replied to a positive feedback for the first time and I also sent him this:

Shipping was too high. To ship your card cost 1.58 with delivery confirmation. The envelope was .10, the top loader I put your card in was .05 and the cardboard I used to protect your card from the post office from bending it was .07. The paypal fee was .10 and then factor in the paper , ink and tape it was another .10. Then add the ebay fee of .15 for the card. And you give me a 1 dsr for shipping cost yet you bought from me knowing what the shipping cost was or let me guess you never read the listing, obviously. Oh yea I am charging way to much, having steak tonight. You know go away and never come back, please. Take your dollar card and enjoy it. You are blocked and I will be sending your ebay name to all the forums so other members who are getting filthy rich from shipping to unexpecting customers like you can block you also. Please and I beg you never shop here again. I would greatly appreciate it.

I know this my have been a bit to much but man come on. I bust my butt everyday to provide the best customer service.

So thanks for reading my rant and please block this guy especially if your charging more than $2.15 for shipping because he will get you.
redantshurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

i totally feel for you, but for every person that gets it, theres ten that dont...
Old 02-16-2011, 08:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

Wow that sucks. I have not been that unlucky yet, but I would be pissed as well. Blocked. Sorry bro.

MY PC NFS/NFT: http://www.zistle.com/bboi30/collections/baseball
bboi30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 04:06 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Screamer

You sent him DC on a $1 card? He should be kissing ur #@#@#@!
Screamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Sucks that this is a daily experience for a lot of sellers. It's a flawed system.
dthimesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 03:13 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screamer View Post
You sent him DC on a $1 card? He should be kissing ur #@#@#@!
Can't speak for the OP, but I don't ship anything on Ebay (or forum deals) without DC, even $1 cards.
MasterOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 03:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

I have had may of these experiences in my 12 years on Ebay and I charge $2.00 shipping on my items and FREE shipping on high end cards. The Ebay system has and always will be on the side of the buyer as the sellers cannot leave negatives, cannot control the DSR's, etc.
mike-the-ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 04:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to runepcc03

As long as you sell in enough quantity, 1 not-so-great DSR isn't going to kill you. At least he left positive feedback. Most people don't check all that stuff anyway. They just look to make sure the seller has a high enough feedback score for them to be comfortable buying. I think you may be over reacting a bit.
runepcc03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:05 PM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to npbaker1

Quote:
Originally Posted by runepcc03 View Post
As long as you sell in enough quantity, 1 not-so-great DSR isn't going to kill you. At least he left positive feedback. Most people don't check all that stuff anyway. They just look to make sure the seller has a high enough feedback score for them to be comfortable buying. I think you may be over reacting a bit.
I don't think the concern is that buyers will not buy from him due to the feedback, the issue is that ebay limits your account and takes away benefits if your average goes below like 4.7 in any 1 category so a 1 makes a big deal since anything less than a 5 is the equivalent of a negative in ebay's eyes
npbaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:35 PM   #10 (permalink)

That DSR rating is total BS but why are you including the PayPal fee and eBay listing fee in your shipping and handling costs?
Andrew Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:58 PM   #11 (permalink)

I feel your pain brother! I just lost my "top rated seller" status because of low ratings in "S&H charges". That's a difference in 20% and %5 discount on my seller fees. But, sadly, there's nothing I or any of us sellers can do! Without sellers there'd be no e friggin bay! Funny how ebay can send you an email one day that says "hey, everyone else is cheaper on shipping thn you are...blah, blah, blah" and the very next day, send an email that says "don't forget the upcoming rate changes from the USPS and be sure to reflect it in your shipping charges"!!! WTF!!?! I've been charging $3 for years now, and just like OP stated so eloquently, it usually costs MORE then we charge to ship an item!! I can understand if we were shipping in a PWE with a stamp on it and charged $3 for that! But the whole dsr system is just crap! Once you bid, you agree with the sellers whole auction! If I stated that I shipped in a pair of pantyhose with a stamp on it and you bid and win, then you shouldn't be allowed to rate anything low or even complain!!

Sorry fellas. I'm just about thru with feebay! Gonna start selling everything to you guys on here!

Thanks for the buyer ID. He is blocked now.
2011 Leaf Valiant ICHIRO auto 12/25
ltscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:33 PM   #12 (permalink)

I swear some people on eBay get their jollies from 1-2starring people with top-rated seller status or otherwise good reputation/feedback, I lost my top-rated seller status to a couple idiots a month ago.

Its probably just eBay trying to keep people from getting rightfully deserved fee discounts...or it could just as easily be a competitor trying to ruin my business. Either way eBay does sh*T about it and the system blows.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:57 PM   #13 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to MCAutoGraphs

pathetic...ive had maybe 2 or 3 problems with people leaving bad rating but those ended up bein B$ ebay accounts that were no longer registered a day or two after they won an item, and one was an accident from the buyer (cell phone lol) which ebay gladly agreed to take off. they do help but not much when it comes to certain things....anyway, blocked - thanks =]
Find me on FB under Memorabilia Craze 4 Contests & Specials, Twitter @ Memorabilia_Now
MCAutoGraphs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 05:33 AM   #14 (permalink)

from my experience dc is always best but its a one dollar card. he should be glad he got dc on a dollar card. cost probably more to ship then its valued. lol
sals_cardz is offline   Reply With Quote