Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14 SM

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2011, 01:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Issue with roboteck99

Here are the facts. This is not going to be an angry rant or attack on the member. I am just disappointed, and would highly recommend to others not dealing with this guy.

1) Roboteck99 posts in Basketball buy/sell a 09/10 contenders Blake griffin rc auto for sale.

2) I pm him, make him an offer, and we eventually agree on a deal.

3) I pay paypal, and think I have the last card to my set coming my way.

4) I get a pm saying: "Sorry for the inconvenience but my son misplaced the card and I am not able to complete the transaction. If i can find it. Ill let you know. "

5) I get a refund, and a lousy cliched excused. I ask for an update, and he can't give me any details.

So, basically, I don't know the full truth, only this guy knows, so I don't want to bash him for reneging on a deal, when I can't prove it either way.

But, I can say that I would not deal with him again, and I would advise others to avoid.

Feel free roboteck to post here, but I keep seeing stories like this, and I find certain things difficult to believe, and I feel you are probably misleading me/flat out lying/might have found a better deal. It was great of you do make the instant refund, and I appreciate that. But, overall, I don't know what to think.
password- jetscollector
jetscollector10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

Had this happen to me twice on deals on this board over the years. Just remember it and never deal with him again.

On these message boards, your name is all you have. Once you lose trust, it is hard to get it back.

Now Collecting: Ken Griffey Jr. & Laila Ali
guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

I would suggest letting it go. This sort of thing is going to happen whether it's an excuse or an honest mistake. It's part of the hobby. You got your refund, which is more than some people can say, so just move on & let it go. If it happens time and again, then that's a different story, but until you know for sure...
Old 02-17-2011, 02:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

"It was great of you do make the instant refund"

Would assume with this statement problem was solved. In my eyes it was not necessary to tarnish ones said character by releasing a thread to the public. Yes I'm well aware that the rest of the forum should know about those who are scamming and stealing but this instance is different. If anything it shows how one seller acted quickly to make sure buyer was happy even though he did not benefit from having the appropriate card mailed to him. Instant refund was given as said by yourself. Accidents do happen....and this issue was resolved immediately by seller. (not saying the excuse he gave was the truth) I dont know the seller nor did I even check his feedback, all irrelevant after he issued immediate refund.
FreshBreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

Id be more apt to work a deal out with him rather then take a chance of something happening with yourself and getting stoned to death by a forum of countless members
Old 02-17-2011, 02:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

This is insane. I really hope we can grab the reins of this beast and steer it in a different direction. You even said for all you know he could be telling the truth about an honest mistake. You got your refund. Now you are advising for us to not deal with him? That is fine that you won't deal with him anymore but you should have just left it at that.

collecting Quarterbacks ---> http://sportscardalbum.com/u/maninthemirror/a/quarterbacks
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

I will say one more thing. I have personally delt with roboteck99, and everything went very smoothly.

Now Collecting: Ken Griffey Jr. & Laila Ali
guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I have used this excuse, which was the truth, 1 time in almost 20 years.

Mine was only a $5 card and I refunded the $$ as soon as I could not find the card. I did find it a few weeks later and sent it free.

Kind of blows that it is one of the most popular cards but it may just be the truth. You neder know.

As someone said. Remember and never deal with member again.

This, by the way, is th ecorrect way to post something in a rational manner.
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:03 PM   #9 (permalink)

I'd fart in a jar, and mail it to him......
Old 02-17-2011, 03:04 PM   #10 (permalink)

To answer everyone:
I really wasn't attacking Roboteck99 in this thread, or at least I didn't mean to. I listed what happened, and said, based on the pms I received from him, I didn't feel comfortable dealing with him again. But, I know what I saw in the tone of the pms from him, and how I felt.
It was great for him to provide the refund. I never stoned him in front of the other members. So way to overreact FreshBreak. I
password- jetscollector
jetscollector10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:05 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmaster View Post
I'd fart in a jar, and mail it to him......
...with a note that said your son misplaced the turd?

collecting Quarterbacks ---> http://sportscardalbum.com/u/maninthemirror/a/quarterbacks
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:18 PM   #12 (permalink)

"So way to overreact FreshBreak."

funny you of all people use the word OVERREACT. That being said enjoy the rest of your day kind sir
Old 02-17-2011, 04:14 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetscollector10 View Post
To answer everyone:
I really wasn't attacking Roboteck99 in this thread, or at least I didn't mean to. I listed what happened, and said, based on the pms I received from him, I didn't feel comfortable dealing with him again. But, I know what I saw in the tone of the pms from him, and how I felt.
It was great for him to provide the refund. I never stoned him in front of the other members. So way to overreact FreshBreak. I
Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention...you handled it the right way in my mind. People are getting to sensitive around here...

I hope I dont offend people with this post

Checkoutmycards ID: kelleys1
kelleys1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:07 AM   #14 (permalink)

This happened to me not too long ago. I made a deal for a card that was in my bucket and for the life of me I couldnt find it. I know I didnt trade it and I remember taking it out of a toploader to use on a more important card because I ran out. I know I put the card in a 50ct holder with some other singles.

I was up front with the trader. He had already shipped so I offered the card back plus his s/h and if the card was ever found, it was his for free.

Instead he chose to work a deal in which I traded in his favor to make up for the mistake.

Sometimes sh*t happens. If he did this more than once, Id question it then.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:22 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru View Post
I will say one more thing. I have personally delt with roboteck99, and everything went very smoothly.
ditto.......