Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2011, 10:46 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default bigboydsportscards

I'm sure many of you have purchased from them. I picked up ten cards a few weeks back, they finally arrived. I have no problem paying for shipping assuming I receive adequate effort when items shipped. This time around I was charged $9.50 for shipping. Received the package and only two of the cards were in toploaders(both were used old yellow toploaders), the rest were sandwiched in the middle. The package was 4 oz, w/ online dc, no insurance, this comes to $1.92.

So, I send a quick message asking exactly what I paid for. Response I rcd is that they outsource all shipping and their actual cost is $13. Really? You expect me to pay for the cost of outsourcing shipping.

I guarantee ebay will never suspend their account regardless of DSR's.
SacGWYNN19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:52 AM   #2 (permalink)

Sounds to me you got the shaft on that one sry
Old 03-10-2011, 03:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacGWYNN19 View Post
I'm sure many of you have purchased from them. I picked up ten cards a few weeks back, they finally arrived. I have no problem paying for shipping assuming I receive adequate effort when items shipped. This time around I was charged $9.50 for shipping. Received the package and only two of the cards were in toploaders(both were used old yellow toploaders), the rest were sandwiched in the middle. The package was 4 oz, w/ online dc, no insurance, this comes to $1.92.

So, I send a quick message asking exactly what I paid for. Response I rcd is that they outsource all shipping and their actual cost is $13. Really? You expect me to pay for the cost of outsourcing shipping.

I guarantee ebay will never suspend their account regardless of DSR's.
Ever buy from COMC online? They charge a nice chunk for shipping and sandwich the cards as well. More times than not a business will pass along its costs to the consumer. Happens all the time, no big deal.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

I have a few cards I purchased from them back on 3/6 that I am still waiting to arrive. 10+ days for cards to arrive is already long shipping time for me. We'll see how they are packed once they arrive....
Old 03-16-2011, 06:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Ding their DSR's if you feel you need to. No matter what a sellers feedback they will take action if a seller gets to many low ratings.
dthimesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:55 PM   #6 (permalink)

Dang, I buy from them all the time on ebay and have never had a problem. I don't think they've ever shipped more than 3 at a time for me, but they usually come really well-packaged. Definitely ding their DSR's for that one.
GoClips! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:39 AM   #7 (permalink)

Well I did finally receive my cards from them. 3 cards all put into a single team bag. The more expensive of the 3 was put into it's own top loader, the other two were put only in penny sleeves and put inside the team bag. Would appreciate if they each had their own top loaders since they were all GU but can't complain since they arrived in good condition.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:43 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to herdyrules Send a message via Yahoo to herdyrules

I suggest dropping all negative feedbacks on seller
herdyrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:32 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

I wont buy from him at all, he opens and reshrink wraps all his wax..
BOWMANLORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:58 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by herdyrules View Post
I suggest dropping all negative feedbacks on seller
People like yourself are precisely what is wrong with ebay and also what plays into eBays advantage. eBay wants sellers to fall off the top-rated program and lose the discount.. Ive had alot of folks on here take 2 weeks to ship to me, yet Ive been told by other members and mods not to flame them or leave a negative. Why go on eBay and leave tons of negs for a high volume seller? 99.9% positive with over 100k feedback, maybe people are jealous he seems to have success in such a tough hobby.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:03 AM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to herdyrules Send a message via Yahoo to herdyrules

Why applaud a seller for such bad acts of business as such stories told??? Why not let others know this is how this guy/guys run their business and not to even bother purchasing from them. They sell fake cards, overprice their cards on auctions, re-seal boxes/packs (hear say), shill bid their auctions, over charge excessively for S&H, send wrong/damaged cards to customers, and I'm sure I can go on. Yeah really sounds like someone I'd like to deal with NOT!!!!
herdyrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:16 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWMANLORD99 View Post
I remember hearing bad things about this store on another message board a while ago, but I can't remember what it was. I want to say he was either trimming or shilling, but I'm not entirely sure.
jayjay0122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:24 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
People like yourself are precisely what is wrong with ebay and also what plays into eBays advantage. eBay wants sellers to fall off the top-rated program and lose the discount.. Ive had alot of folks on here take 2 weeks to ship to me, yet Ive been told by other members and mods not to flame them or leave a negative. Why go on eBay and leave tons of negs for a high volume seller? 99.9% positive with over 100k feedback, maybe people are jealous he seems to have success in such a tough hobby.
I feel your pain. I bought from a very high volume seller with great feedback. Did not get my card for 19 days. Very annoying. I was gonna jack them up but decided to be the bigger person. A rarity for me.

Last edited by cking; 03-19-2011 at 12:46 AM.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 04:42 PM   #14 (permalink)

Isn't bigboyd the one that is suspected of getting unnumbered back door 2006 bowman chrome parallels from Topps? Also, yes, that shipping price is highway robbery. I'd complain or at least give him 0 or 1 star for shipping feedback. That is just wrong!!
38stud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:17 AM   #15 (permalink)

bigboyd... again!

I have lost count how many times those guys have been bagged out in various forms over the YEARS.

Dodgy waxes, replacing patches in cards etc etc
All the usual stories you hear - heard them all about bigboyd.

Their excuse is always...
We drop ship.
Or something similar to that.
Hands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:31 AM   #16 (permalink)

I bought a $300+ single from him and exchanged many emails (not through ebay) with him and everything went super smooth. no problems/worries at all.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:34 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWMANLORD99 View Post
I had this problem with him a few years ago too. Bought a couple high end boxes (well for my income they were high end) and the first was missing the hit. I then noticed the packaging on both boxes didn't have any kind of factory printing, was just plain shrink wrap. So I contacted him about it. He just said to contact the company, not his fault. Since then I've only bought from Blowout and a couple other sites and NOT ONCE had that same problem. Coincidence? I doubt it.
quobbinnobbin is offline   Reply With Quote