Blowout Cards Forums
Re-Pack Attack

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2011, 10:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to harryhudini
Default Need the boards opinion

So I shipped a card in a softsleeve, in a top loader, and in a team bag, and then in a 6 X 9 bubble mailer 1st class with delivery confirmation to another member on the boards. I saw that it was delivered so I was just waiting for an iTrader notification. That wasnt the message in my box. Member stated that the card has creases in it from shipping and its all my fault. I have over 750 positive shipments on eBay and 15 on here all using the same method and I have never had a problem before. He stated that I shipped it the wrong way and that I should have protected the card better. I explained to him that I have never had this problem before and that I am not responsible for anything that the USPS decides to do to the package. I am a reasonable person and said that I could give him a partial refund. Well I signed off and he sent me 3 messages saying a partial was fine, then 10 minutes later he said partial wasnt fine, and then a 3rd message that he was still waiting. I am confused as to what I am supposed to do here. I would gladly give a partial refund but I dont feel that I need to cover almost 1/2 the card when I know he will just send the card back to Panini and they will correct the situation.

Will the board please give me some help here as to what is the best way I can handle this?

BLOWOUT'S OTHER ADAM JONES SUPERCOLLECTOR!!
http://s295.photobucket.com/user/skiessetablaze/library/?sort=3&page=1
harryhudini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

I would say to show proof of the crease then if he shows proof give him a full refund including the shipping and send it back yourself for a replacement.

You are the seller and it is your responsibility to make sure your packages are secure. That said I don't do partial refunds. Just my two cents.

Good luck.

MY PC NFS/NFT: http://www.zistle.com/bboi30/collections/baseball
bboi30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

It sounds like the card was shipped correctly to me. Do you have a scan of the card before it was shipped? Also, can the buyer provide a scan of the damaged card? It sounds like the buyer is trying to play you, IMO. I do not think you even owe a partial refund. You did your part correctly. If the buyer wanted insurance you should have been notified of that. If the buyer wants to send the card in for a replacement that is up to the buyer. Who is the buyer? I want to keep a lookout and my distance from this person.
WCTYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yep make the receiver send it back to you (he pays to ship back) & you refund his money. If he don't want to do that then something would smell fishy to me!!!!
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmannings#1fan View Post
Yep make the receiver send it back to you (he pays to ship back) & you refund his money. If he don't want to do that then something would smell fishy to me!!!!
+1

Either have him send it back or show you a scan! Otherwise stinky stinky!
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

It clearly sounds like you have shipped the card correctly and it is the buyers responsibility if he wants insurance. I would ask him to ship the card back to you if he wants a full refund.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:30 PM   #7 (permalink)

He said he is sending it back to me and I have asked for the original packaging as well. If it gets back and there is damage that I know wasnt caused by the USPS, then I am going to let the entire world know about it.

Old 03-18-2011, 11:56 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryhudini View Post
He said he is sending it back to me and I have asked for the original packaging as well. If it gets back and there is damage that I know wasn't caused by the USPS, then I am going to let the entire world know about it.
Well damage can occur a bunch of ways by USPS so give the guy a little latitude. Creases can happen. just to try for yourself stick a base card in a top loader penny sleeved and bend it a bit simulating a package under a bunch of boxes and you'll see what I mean.

Also in the original post I noticed I didn't see anything about packing peanuts in your package. If the card does in fact come back damaged and you don't send with packing peanuts then you may want to consider it as it helps tremendously. Just a suggestion.

MY PC NFS/NFT: http://www.zistle.com/bboi30/collections/baseball
bboi30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 05:05 PM   #9 (permalink)

So I just got the card back and I noticed a small crease on the the card maybe 1/4'' in length going left to right. I think the 14 year old got in trouble with his parents and needed to get the money back.