Blowout Cards Forums
Draft Kings

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2011, 01:29 AM   #1 (permalink)

Angry Not at all happy with Nironaldo7

He has a thread - FS: 07-08 Kevin Durant/Jeff Green dual patch auto /5!

Desperately trying to get some money for a nice card. Here is our PM conversation:
Me: Hey, what's the best deal you could give me on both these cards [Jamison logoman too] delivered to New Zealand?
Him: $300 out of the country.
Me: Ok thanks mate, how much just for the Durant/Green UD Black?
Him: $200 international. let me know..mate
Me: Ok cool, I'm just waiting on a payment for some cards I sold, when that comes through (should be within hours) I should be good to go. Just wondering, is your shipping method express or registered?

So this to me says we have a deal and he's just going to check on shipping.

Just over 5 hours later he bumps his thread.
An hour after that he sends me a PM saying that it's now sold, then proceeds to call me a cry baby because I tell him I thought we had a deal and I wasn't happy about him selling it.
And then to sign it off he has just said "AND YOU SHOULDNT HAVE SOLD YOUR CARDS SO QUICK FOR A DEAL THAT WAS NEVER SET!! HAHA BRO YOUR LOST MAN"

That's my biggest beef with this site - no formal transactions.

I don't think this is good seller behaviour, so I'm putting it out there. If you do, or think I am just being a cry baby, then please feel free to feel that way.

*edit* I may have misunderstood and he was aprehensive about shipping internationally, but don't you think it's decent to at least discuss with the other party before selling it to someone else??

Last edited by hairyangryfella; 03-24-2011 at 01:31 AM.
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:36 AM   #2 (permalink)

I don't know what to say to this.. I personally think since you didn't have the funds in your account at the time was why the deal wasn't set.. He should still be able to keep it on the market until you have paypal ready.. But then again he didn't actually say "we have a deal". I guess it was just some miscommunication.. happens to everybody.. sorry buddy

Define "irony": a bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane, to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash -Garland Greene
FavresReturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:51 AM   #3 (permalink)

why are you making such a big deal out of this?? i honestly dont understand! nothing was ever set and WASNT a deal! im only like this because you put the conversation out in my thread where it wasnt suppose to be, and that you are annoyed and keep messaging me about how you are unhappy with me. are you kidding me? its not the site's fault, its not mine either. you are just making a bigger deal than it really is. sorry i got a generous offer and wasnt going to refuse. plus i told you i didnt like shipping international. PS- way to only include the conversation where your making the point, you are forgetting some of the conversation there buddy

i only yelled because you are being a pest about a deal that never was established dude! chill, its over. move on! how does blogging about it help it? its not changing anything. i recommend NOT TO DEAL WITH THIS GUY. HE JUST BECOMES A PEST UNTIL HE GETS WHAT HE WANTS. it is a very nice card, and i had about 15 people interested in it. sorry i didnt take yours bro!

Last edited by Nironaldo7; 03-24-2011 at 01:57 AM.
Nironaldo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:20 AM   #4 (permalink)

Funny thing is that hairy hit me up on an auction a ways back and he was trying to get a deal on a card and shipping. I sent an offer which he declined due to shipping costs then subsequently sold the card to a domestic buyer at the same price. He got pissed and said I should have came back to him but if you don't want to pay for shipping and I have a buyer who's willing to pay now, it's a no brainer.

As far as these boards go, no deal is really set until you get the funds in your paypal account. I've had people agree in the past and nothing materialized. I take guaranteed payment any day over having to wait over payment that may never come.
jubei777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:26 AM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

Without knowing either party at all - I'd say there was no deal made - if you don't have the funds that's your own problem. Just because you say you can get them doesn't mean you will. Unless you specifically said - I'll buy those cards, please hold them for me for 2 hours so I can get my funds together, then they are fair game.

I can tell you there is no way I would have held them for you unless you gave me a specific time frame for when you'd have the money.
asujbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:57 AM   #6 (permalink)

Everybody calm down. Harryangryfella, I know you are intent on being angry, hense your name, but you still have your money, all you missed out on was an opportunity. And that's not so bad. And Nironaldo, you made some good money off of this. And nobody here is thinking you ultimately did anything wrong, so good enough, and good luck everybody.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:22 AM   #7 (permalink)

gotta say from experience, no $ no deal. Until that money is exchanged the card is still available.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
gotta say from experience, no $ no deal. Until that money is exchanged the card is still available.
+1. It's not sold until the money is in the Paypal account.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
marino5084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:36 AM   #9 (permalink)

No money no deal. Every deal I try to buy I make sure I have the money before I offer, and if I don't have the money I just keep up with the item and make sure it doen't sell. If it does I look for another or something else.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:37 AM   #10 (permalink)

I had to leave a negative the other day. Did I make a thread about it? No. Did you leave this guy a negative? No? Well certainly no need for a thread. You guys tried to work out a deal and it didn't get worked out, no big deal.
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 02:23 PM   #11 (permalink)

Jubei I don't remember that, but the whole issue I have here is the lack of communication. If you're looking to sell, someone asks you what price you WANT, you give them a price, they say ok I'll have the money shortly, doesn't that suggest they think a deal is happening and it's only fair that you let them know any possible changes and give them a chance to get the card even if someone else makes an offer?
I have more money than he asked for. I have a mate in the US who he could ship to if he was worried about sending international. Did he bother finding out? No.

And by the sounds of it this site is a great place to sell if you're a bit of a sleaze (not saying he is in this instance) but you can reneg on deals as long as the money hasn't been sent? Why is there no transaction forum...
Old 03-24-2011, 02:49 PM   #12 (permalink)

No deals are done unless a PP addy is given & the money is in hand to send it!! Sorry HAF but there wasn't a clear deal.
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 02:53 PM   #13 (permalink)

Card is long gone, no point in fighting or arguing upon it. This is a Hobby not politics!
BeingJustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 02:55 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeingJustin View Post
Card is long gone, no point in fighting or arguing upon it. This is a Hobby not politics!
Politics??? I didn't see that anywhere just saw hobby talk over a proposed deal that went South!!!!! PLease re-read??
Old 03-24-2011, 02:56 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
.....And by the sounds of it this site is a great place to sell if you're a bit of a sleaze ....

You my friend can get bent!!! Statements like that are not necessary. You just disrespected every member on this site that looks to sell. Great job
Old 03-24-2011, 03:11 PM   #16 (permalink)

I'll be a bit of sleaze mate & tell ya straight up....I WILL NOT SHIP OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES. If in the 50 states of the U.S of A then you can receive my cards, if not then you are SOL
Old 03-24-2011, 03:12 PM   #17 (permalink)

as a seller I have been burned on here and other places by someone telling me they are going to pay and never do or it takes days and they never respone to messages, in the mean time somone else comes in ready to pay right then and there and I have to tell them to wait. that sucks. I understand the situation but it is business. Also as a seller/buyer I will keep in touch, others just dont and that is how they are. If I'm buying something I will keep in contact with the seller and if it goes to someone else I just let them do it no hard feelings. I usually state that too. I have someone that keeps wanting a card of mine right now and for the 3rd time I have given my pp addy and still nothing, the person has great feedback and we communicate a few times a week on other stuff, but I just seem to never get the $ for this one card. so if someone else wants it then cash is king since the other person couldn't get $ to me at all. ramble done.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 03:34 PM   #18 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

Quote:
Jubei I don't remember that, but the whole issue I have here is the lack of communication. If you're looking to sell, someone asks you what price you WANT, you give them a price, they say ok I'll have the money shortly, doesn't that suggest they think a deal is happening and it's only fair that you let them know any possible changes and give them a chance to get the card even if someone else makes an offer?
I have more money than he asked for. I have a mate in the US who he could ship to if he was worried about sending international. Did he bother finding out? No.

And by the sounds of it this site is a great place to sell if you're a bit of a sleaze (not saying he is in this instance) but you can reneg on deals as long as the money hasn't been sent? Why is there no transaction forum...
No - what would be fair to sellers is if you were only trying to buy cards that you actually had the money to pay for.

And if you had "more money than he asked for" you shouldn't have waited to fund payment - send the $$ and be done.

You will get zero sympathy from me.
asujbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 03:38 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBreak View Post
You my friend can get bent!!! Statements like that are not necessary. You just disrespected every member on this site that looks to sell. Great job
Really, well my record as a buyer on this site is:

#1 - scammed
#2 - seller pulled out
#3 - card received, very happy with the deal
#4 - seller pulled out

So by that figure (albeit a small sample) I'd say my statement is fairly valid. Plus with no transaction forum it gives people even more power to not follow through on things.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:39 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
No - what would be fair to sellers is if you were only trying to buy cards that you actually had the money to pay for.

And if you had "more money than he asked for" you shouldn't have waited to fund payment - send the $$ and be done.

You will get zero sympathy from me.
I had just sold cards and was waiting for the payment, so I didn't have the money on me at that exact point in time but as I said, the payment was coming within hours. And it did. On ebay you don't have to pay at that exact instant do you, but within a day is still more than reasonable don't you think?
Plus by the time he accepted the other guys offer I DID have the money.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:43 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
as a seller I have been burned on here and other places by someone telling me they are going to pay and never do or it takes days and they never respone to messages
Exactly why there should be some sort of transaction forum, if both parties have agreed to the deal and one doesn't follow through, then appropriate feedback should be left.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:45 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
I had just sold cards and was waiting for the payment, so I didn't have the money on me at that exact point in time but as I said, the payment was coming within hours. And it did. On ebay you don't have to pay at that exact instant do you, but within a day is still more than reasonable don't you think?
Plus by the time he accepted the other guys offer I DID have the money.
No bud if you sold the cards, you would have had the money!! Nobody on here does a deal & waits for a few hours to receive payment. All 25 of my trades/sales were all positive. You can't expect anyone to wait on payment (even a few hours) if you want the card, ask for their PP addy, send the money & DEAL is done....It's really that simple!!! Good luck in the future
Old 03-24-2011, 03:50 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmannings#1fan View Post
No bud if you sold the cards, you would have had the money!! Nobody on here does a deal & waits for a few hours to receive payment. All 25 of my trades/sales were all positive. You can't expect anyone to wait on payment (even a few hours) if you want the card, ask for their PP addy, send the money & DEAL is done....It's really that simple!!! Good luck in the future
You're kidding right? At 11pm (my time) after lots of negotiating myself and the buyer of my cards agreed on a deal and set up a thread (on another forum...). He told me he'd get me the money by the next morning. Since we had a deal in place I wasn't too worried, and then the money came through the next day.

Wait, I've just seen a key point in your post "Nobody on here does a deal & waits for a few hours to receive payment" - most other places I'm sure this would be perfectly reasonable.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:52 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmannings#1fan View Post
Nobody on here does a deal & waits for a few hours to receive payment.
Virgil did misspeak with that sentence. Many people don't mind waiting heck I had someone wait for about 3 months for me to buy a card from him. There are many many great members here sorry you've had a rough start, but you can't call us all crooks due to your experiences when we all deal with each other all the time and have become friends.
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 03:54 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Really, well my record as a buyer on this site is:

#1 - scammed
#2 - seller pulled out
#3 - card received, very happy with the deal
#4 - seller pulled out

So by that figure (albeit a small sample) I'd say my statement is fairly valid. Plus with no transaction forum it gives people even more power to not follow through on things.
You obviously don't get it. Did I scam you over? Did 10/11 people that posted to this thread screw you over? Here let me answer this difficult question for you since you obviously can't gauge a situation correctly, and I assume you cant gauge a situation correctly because you thought you had a deal in place when in fact you didnt have the appropriate funds to purchase said card in the FIRST PLACE AT THAT TIME. Here's your answer... NO "WE" DIDNT SCAM or SCREW YOU. Yet you call ALLLLLL of us sleazy, explain yourself.... Explain to me why I am sleazy

EDIT--I'm done with this guy and his accusations** I bid you farewell and good luck with your future trades

Last edited by FreshBreak; 03-24-2011 at 03:57 PM.
FreshBreak is offline   Reply With Quote