Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 04:40 AM   #1 (permalink)

Question eBay Private Feedback Profile

So I recently had a guy from Russia with private feedback bid on an auction of mine, which is still active. His FB is 100% but I can't see any of the comments he's received so I'm wondering if he might be a scammer. For all I know he could buy stuff, pay for it, receive positive FB and then claim to not receive and open up a paypal case.

At this point, I'm seriously considering cancelling this guy's bids and blocking him. To be honest I'm wondering why ebay even allow private profile's like this, what's the point? Anyone ever dealt with private feedback buyers?

Any input is appreciated.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:30 AM   #2 (permalink)

I never have dealt with private feedback buyers.

My opinion is this: if you are honest and above board why hide it? Why not let any and all potential business partners see that?

To me having private feedback is an indicator that there is something the buyer doesn't want other to see.

I would cancel his bids and block this buyer.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:47 AM   #3 (permalink)

Have you tried talking w/ the bidder? Maybe he/she speaks english? Maybe talking w/ the person would give you a better feel about allowing the bid or cancelling the bid?
Old 03-31-2011, 11:23 AM   #4 (permalink)

Contacting the buyer would be a good first step.

Not to imply anything...but I've found that a lot of the international buyers who make their feedback private, are trying to hide the fact that sellers have left NEGATIVE comments regarding chargebacks, items never received, etc. Remember that sellers can't leave anything but positive, so their feedback might still show 100% with DOZENS of comments about scamming, etc.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

I've seen that some people have private feedback when they "flip" the things they buy on the same account.

Maybe he buys cards low & tries to sell them for more. Doesn't want his buyers to see he bought the card he is selling for $100 for $10 bucks.

Usually people who do this will have a buying account & a selling account, but some do it all on one account.

GET CASH FOR MORE CARDS! HUNDREDS OF SATISFIED SELLERS - ALWAYS IMMEDIATE PAYMENT!
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

I contacted and told them I'm not comfortable with a private feedback profile bidding on my auctions so I've given them the choice of making it public and letting their bids stand (as long as nothing shady is revealed) or otherwise cancelling their bids.

Seem a reasonable solution to me.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:20 PM   #7 (permalink)

Been selling on ebay for many years, I want nothing to do with private bidders, always the slowest payers, etc etc. Like already stated above--there's usually a reason they're "private". Good Luck

http://s1115.photobucket.com/albums/k543/obadger/sale%20or%20trade---Autos/
obadger is offline   Reply With Quote