Blowout Cards Forums
Baseball Card Singles

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2011, 09:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Odd Ebay Message

So I sold a card for a large amount on eBay this week. I sent the buyer a message stating that his card is shipped and it looks great and he should receive it by the end of the week. I get back a message saying thank you... gonna get it graded since it is perfect. Does that seem odd to anyone at all or anything? I can't really tell. Im fine either way. Let me know thanks!
Old 04-05-2011, 09:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

arencibia?
A lot of people grade cards, I don't see anything wrong with the statement. Don't read too much into it, be happy with the profit!

-I do not send paypal payments as a gift, you pay your fee's and I will pay mine-
www.JLR0747.com
Twitter: @JLR0747
JLR0747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

Haha alright thank you! Yes it was the Arencibia. I didn't think anything was wrong either just making sure! Thanks for the feedback! The buyer has amazing feedback so I'm not worried about it. It really does look in good condition to me though. Im assuming your the buyer?
Old 04-05-2011, 09:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsmets150 View Post
Haha alright thank you! Yes it was the Arencibia. I didn't think anything was wrong either just making sure! Thanks for the feedback! The buyer has amazing feedback and I always just make sure. It really does look in good condition to me though. Im assuming your the buyer?
No I'm not the buyer. But I know you HAD to make good money on that card.

-I do not send paypal payments as a gift, you pay your fee's and I will pay mine-
www.JLR0747.com
Twitter: @JLR0747
JLR0747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLR0747 View Post
No I'm not the buyer. But I know you HAD to make good money on that card.
Haha yes I did. Sold for a lot more then I was expecting.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:47 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
You are looking at a 2008 Bowman Chrome J.P. Arencibia 1st Year Orange Refractor Chrome Auto numbered 18/25. This card is in PERFECT condition and would be great for grading. J.P. is a great player, and should be hitting 30 homeruns annually by as soon as this year! Shipping will be FREE. Sorry, no international shipping other then Cananda. United States and Canada shipping only. It will be shipped secure in toploaders and a bubble mailer to insure it arrives to you exactly as it was pulled in the pack. Please feel free to message me with any questions, and good luck! Feel free to make an offer. Thank you!
-Tessa3116
I always avoid statements like this one (in bold) because it leaves an opportunity for the buyer to use your description against you. If the buyer has solid feedback I wouldn't worry about it, but I rarely say my card is in MINT condition let alone PERFECT condition. Too many jackasses out there who would get the card and say something like, "OMG its only a BGS 9.5 condition this isn't PERFECT! I want a partial refund OR NEGATIVE FEEDBACK + DISPUTE!"
Old 04-06-2011, 04:04 AM   #7 (permalink)

Fitch is right one this one. He has basically just told you that if it doesnt grade perfect, then you are a liar. I would be afraid of this transaction because of the wording you used and the buyer certainly is going to use this against you. I certainly hope the card was perfect or it wont end well.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:03 PM   #8 (permalink)

Ok Thanks guys. It looks like it should grade a 9.5 to me... But I mean the guy has 5000 feedback? Should I really be that worried?
Old 04-06-2011, 06:40 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Ok Thanks guys. It looks like it should grade a 9.5 to me... But I mean the guy has 5000 feedback? Should I really be that worried?
I wouldn't, maybe it was a warning or a joke.

"Thank the Lord for that burning bush, that big body Benz I was born to push..." - Just What IAm
nuggetsman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:25 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuggetsman28 View Post
I wouldn't, maybe it was a warning or a joke.
Maybe it was a warning or a joke? Which one?

I think you have cornered yourself because if it doesnt grade perfectly he is going to come back on you. Just my opinion, but I feel like he made it known with his message. I could be wrong though.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:46 PM   #11 (permalink)

Ok guys. I had thought it sounded like that cruiserdaddy but I mean with 5000 feedback i would think he would be above that
Old 04-06-2011, 11:27 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Ok guys. I had thought it sounded like that cruiserdaddy but I mean with 5000 feedback i would think he would be above that
Its the sports card hobby. I wouldnt count on it. The more feedback certainly doesnt make them more trustworthy of a buyer. On eBay anymore its the buyer you need to worry about not the seller. Ebay gives you back your money on a bad transaction, as a seller eBay only takes your money even if you have a great case. Without being able to leave negative feedback for buyers as a warning we have no clue the history of any bidder.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:39 PM   #13 (permalink)

Buyer just messaged me saying he was dissapointed.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:54 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Thats it? "im disappointed" end of story?
Old 04-12-2011, 06:08 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
ebay id please
SacGWYNN19 is offline   Reply With Quote