Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2011, 11:36 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default ebayer to block - christopher10937

christopher10937

bought a $10 card and contacted me saying that it was damaged. i responded back with "it was shipped in a rigid holder but if damaged, send it back to me and i'll refund". no response after two days and then he comes back and says that it sounds like i don't trust him and he just wants a refund. i'm sick of fighting for $10 so i said to send me a picture or scan of the card and i'll refund the cost of the card minus shipping. waiting for a response back but what a pain in the #@#@#@.
jubei777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

I just started to use these. they come numbered and when they are peeled off it leaves a void mark or some sort of residual so you know the card was taken out. I had another seller that I bought some stuff from that uses things like these. I am keeping track of what # is going with what card(s) and the sticker is going on the rim of the toploader or team bag or semi rigid. I think that this might help to deter people from making false claims as you will know they removed it from the holder you sent it in (and it might stop PO people from stealing stuff as the old excuse goes). I'm just trying out new things and I'll see how this one goes.

in your case I know how that goes. Once you ask for a scan and the card back you never hear back from them.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

he sent another email threatening negative feedback if i don't refund and i countered with ebay's stance on returns and extortion. now he wants a partial feedback. all this for one lousy #@#@#@ $10 card. crazy.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:06 PM   #4 (permalink)

call ebay about the threat and demand for refund/partial refund. I had a similar situation and they handled it quite fair.
dmogull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubei777 View Post
he sent another email threatening negative feedback if i don't refund and i countered with ebay's stance on returns and extortion. now he wants a partial feedback. all this for one lousy #@#@#@ $10 card. crazy.
same here dont give in just another ebay a$$hole trying to get card and money
Old 04-26-2011, 10:47 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks guys. I sent the emails to eBay so hopefully this will be the end of this. Much thanks
Old 01-09-2012, 05:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

Bumping this thread up since he's still doing it.
MasterOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
I just started to use these. they come numbered and when they are peeled off it leaves a void mark or some sort of residual so you know the card was taken out. I had another seller that I bought some stuff from that uses things like these. I am keeping track of what # is going with what card(s) and the sticker is going on the rim of the toploader or team bag or semi rigid. I think that this might help to deter people from making false claims as you will know they removed it from the holder you sent it in (and it might stop PO people from stealing stuff as the old excuse goes). I'm just trying out new things and I'll see how this one goes.

in your case I know how that goes. Once you ask for a scan and the card back you never hear back from them.
I've considered this but will Ebay side with you on an issue if you can prove the seal was broken?
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:01 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:

Thanks just ordered some
Old 01-10-2012, 02:13 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:

There has been a thread made before about these. They do not protect you.This is not a factory sealed product. Once someone recieves a card it is becomes there property. They can put it in what ever holder they choose. If upon taking it out of your holder to place it in there holder they notice a small scratch or some other blemish they can then file an item not as described claim on you. Saying "If the seal is broken you will not get a refund" will not work. If it would work then whats to stop every single ebay seller from putting a damaged card in the case, describing the card as mint in the auction and putting one of these hologram stickers on it? You cant tell someone that they cant examine the card outside of the case you sent it in,thats ridiculous. Throw a common up on your Ebay, I will buy it. Send it to me with your hologram on it. I will crack it out of the case with the hologram on it and I will file an item not as described claim. I will bet you $10,000 cash that I get my refund.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:36 AM   #11 (permalink)

The card collecting world would be such a better place if it weren't for people like him.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:17 PM   #12 (permalink)

NARU as of today.

I'm not a drama type of person so I don't know if I'll post up the details or not, but suffice it to say that Ebay did NARU this guy.
MasterOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote