Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2011, 10:10 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default How do I Report Someone for theft/find a MOD?

UPDATED at the bottom of this post...

Sorry for posting here but I'm not sure who the mods are and I've never had this happen before so I'm uncertain as to how I should proceed.
  • Someone was selling in this forum
  • We agreed on price
  • I paid immediately
  • Seller confirmed receipt of money
  • 30+ days later I still haven't received my 2 cards
  • At first seller would respond to my messages and just tell me to wait another week
  • Seller is no longer responding to my messages

So what do you recommend I do?

I have been extremely patient the entire time, but 30+ days is too much, don't you think? Don't recall if I paid "goods" or "gift" but either way I wouldn't be sure what to do as I've never had this problem come up.

UPDATE JUNE 13th: So Cashis11 is still not responding to my messages. I have friends in Bradford, Toronto, and Quebec and I had EACH of them mail me a bubble mailer three weeks ago just to see how long it would take. All THREE have already arrived. The package from Cashis11 supposedly shipped out on May 6th and I have received nothing. This pretty much throws out the whole "Canada postal workers are on strike" excuse. Please put him on your "Bad Traders" list and refrain from doing any business with him.

I will gladly post a retraction to this post if my cards arrive someday, but the fact that this jerk won't respond to my PMs (despite logging in almost every day) makes me figure he is just a crook.
Blowout's #1 BAYLOR SUPER COLLECTOR
HTTR!!! Sic'em Bears!!!
For Trade: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/Sensei322/a/football

Last edited by Sensei322; 06-13-2011 at 10:42 AM.
Sensei322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:11 AM   #2 (permalink)

Just realized that even though the seller confirmed in a PM that he received the money, he never left me positive feedback for paying IMMEDIATELY (as I tend to do.)

Wonder what that means.
HTTR!!! Sic'em Bears!!!
Old 06-06-2011, 10:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Did you pay via paypal? If so file a claim and get your $$ back.
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Here you go. You should post the username for all to see, so that nobody else gets ripped off. You should also leave proper itrader to warn those that don't see the thread.

Blowout Cards Forums - View Profile: pat_blowoutcards

Blowout Cards Forums - View Profile: iluvfish2

Blowout Cards Forums - View Profile: pskell02
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
marino5084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:15 AM   #5 (permalink)

Who is the member?

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
lemur01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:16 AM   #6 (permalink)

I don't know, but I too would be extremely upset. I don't understand this site yet, since I am only like a month old to it. On other sites, there are ways to track transactions, then once you make the transaction with the person, you update it, when you guys both receive the products then you get positive feedback. This is an easier method but this is harder to track your transactions. I do not know who the mods are but you are asking during the right time. When day shift is on, someone should be on to help you. Do you remember the name and have the address of the person? If you do whitepages there names and find if they have a phone number. This way you can give them a call and ask them what is going on.

Just a thought.

damond
Old 06-06-2011, 10:20 AM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks for the helpful response...I will look into this right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtsportscards View Post
I don't know, but I too would be extremely upset. I don't understand this site yet, since I am only like a month old to it. On other sites, there are ways to track transactions, then once you make the transaction with the person, you update it, when you guys both receive the products then you get positive feedback. This is an easier method but this is harder to track your transactions. I do not know who the mods are but you are asking during the right time. When day shift is on, someone should be on to help you. Do you remember the name and have the address of the person? If you do whitepages there names and find if they have a phone number. This way you can give them a call and ask them what is going on.

Just a thought.

damond
HTTR!!! Sic'em Bears!!!
Old 06-06-2011, 10:20 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensei322 View Post
Sorry for posting here but I'm not sure who the mods are and I've never had this happen before so I'm uncertain as to how I should proceed.
  • Someone was selling in this forum
  • We agreed on price
  • I paid immediately
  • Seller confirmed receipt of money
  • 30+ days later I still haven't received my 2 cards
  • At first seller would respond to my messages and just tell me to wait another week
  • Seller is no longer responding to my messages

So what do you recommend I do?

I have been extremely patient the entire time, but 30+ days is too much, don't you think? Don't recall if I paid "goods" or "gift" but either way I wouldn't be sure what to do as I've never had this problem come up.
In my opinion, 3+ days is too much. 30+ is WAY. WAY. WAYYYYYYY too long. Please post or PM this clowns name so the rest of us don't get caught up with him.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:20 AM   #9 (permalink)

Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino5084 View Post
Here you go. You should post the username for all to see, so that nobody else gets ripped off. You should also leave proper itrader to warn those that don't see the thread.

Blowout Cards Forums - View Profile: pat_blowoutcards

Blowout Cards Forums - View Profile: iluvfish2

Blowout Cards Forums - View Profile: pskell02
HTTR!!! Sic'em Bears!!!
Old 06-06-2011, 10:23 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemur01 View Post
Who is the member?
Yeah I'm guessing I will have to post his name...I typically hate to do this since I know personal problems can come up, etc etc. and I don't like the idea of hurting someone's reputation unless it's totally warranted...

BUT...

So far this seller has not given me one excuse as to why it would take 30+ days to receive my cards other than he lives in Canada. I have friends in Bradford and Toronto and I get my stuff from them in 2 weeks tops.

However, the whole "Canada-Factor" is why I have been exceedingly patient throughout...hoping that it's just stuck in customs and will be arriving any day now.

But the fact that he never left me feedback for immediate payment and the fact that he hasn't responded to any of my recent messages makes me very suspicious.
HTTR!!! Sic'em Bears!!!
Old 06-06-2011, 10:29 AM   #11 (permalink)

You're only hurting his reputation if he actually has sent the cards already, and if that is the case you can always come back to this thread and post about how you were wrong and he was right and his poo smells like roses, etc. etc. You can even create a brand new thread just to talk about how awesome he is if you want.

That possibility of that happening is unlikely... also, remember that if you paid via paypal goods you can file a claim, which you should probably do soon if this isn't fixed
Old 06-06-2011, 10:32 AM   #12 (permalink)

I always wondered why some of you said you would ONLY pay via "goods." I just found the second PM I exchanged with this guy where he told me to pay as a "gift." Stupid me, I didn't know the difference.
HTTR!!! Sic'em Bears!!!
Old 06-06-2011, 10:35 AM   #13 (permalink)
Boo

Quote:
Yeah I'm guessing I will have to post his name...I typically hate to do this since I know personal problems can come up, etc etc. and I don't like the idea of hurting someone's reputation unless it's totally warranted...

BUT...

So far this seller has not given me one excuse as to why it would take 30+ days to receive my cards other than he lives in Canada. I have friends in Bradford and Toronto and I get my stuff from them in 2 weeks tops.

However, the whole "Canada-Factor" is why I have been exceedingly patient throughout...hoping that it's just stuck in customs and will be arriving any day now.

But the fact that he never left me feedback for immediate payment and the fact that he hasn't responded to any of my recent messages makes me very suspicious.
Post the name!!

http://s1058.photobucket.com/albums/t403/klay22/
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:37 AM   #14 (permalink)

Isn't the Canadian post office on strike right now? I thought I read about that somewhere last week.

If this is the case, he actually might have sent it, but it's taking an extra long time to get to you. However, he should be able to respond to PMs letting you know this is in fact the case. If he has not told you he mailed it, then you have a problem.

For the record, I've had mail from Canada take over a month on many occasions from reputable sellers in the past.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:39 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
Post the name!!
Cashis11

Again, I'm only posting because the last response I received from him was on May 23rd (paid on May 5th.) Hoping everything gets resolved nicely and I can amend this post.
HTTR!!! Sic'em Bears!!!
Old 06-06-2011, 10:41 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
Isn't the Canadian post office on strike right now? I thought I read about that somewhere last week.

If this is the case, he actually might have sent it, but it's taking an extra long time to get to you. However, he should be able to respond to PMs letting you know this is in fact the case. If he has not told you he mailed it, then you have a problem.

For the record, I've had mail from Canada take over a month on many occasions from reputable sellers in the past.
Exactly why I have been patient...although if he mailed it off on May 7th like he said he did I assume it would have arrived before the strike. Just to be safe I PM'd him a couple of days ago saying that if it is stuck because of the strike I completely understand, just RESPOND TO ME PLEASE!!! No response. Like I said, I've tried to be as "understanding" as possible and I am still 100% open to the possibility that the cards are still stuck in Canada somewhere waiting to make there way to me. I would just like a response to my PMs and some positive feedback for my immediate payment.
HTTR!!! Sic'em Bears!!!
Old 06-06-2011, 10:42 AM   #17 (permalink)

since you paid gift, your screwed if he didnt send bro....It sucks that people like this have to ruin the hobby, i hope you get your cards but i wouldnt get my hopes too high
Old 06-06-2011, 10:45 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsFan18 View Post
since you paid gift, your screwed if he didnt send bro....It sucks that people like this have to ruin the hobby, i hope you get your cards but i wouldnt get my hopes too high
lol thanks bud....live and learn, I guess. I should have asked someone about the "gift" vs. "goods" thing, but I have never bought stuff outside of eBay.
HTTR!!! Sic'em Bears!!!
Old 06-06-2011, 10:46 AM   #19 (permalink)

it is ok, what did you buy and how much did you spend?
Old 06-06-2011, 10:47 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
lol thanks bud....live and learn, I guess. I should have asked someone about the "gift" vs. "goods" thing, but I have never bought stuff outside of eBay.
as long as it wasnt anything big just take it as a learning experience its some people out there that all try and take advantage and rob people....also thanks for posting the users name that way we can all stay away
Old 06-06-2011, 10:51 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
it is ok, what did you buy and how much did you spend?
I bought two cards for $105 dlvd:

2010 Blaine Gabbert Exquisite /99
2010 Andy Dalton Exquisite /99
HTTR!!! Sic'em Bears!!!
Old 06-06-2011, 10:56 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
I always wondered why some of you said you would ONLY pay via "goods." I just found the second PM I exchanged with this guy where he told me to pay as a "gift." Stupid me, I didn't know the difference.
yeah that was a bad move but you know that already. he also had only 4 feedback and all were as a buyer not a seller.

wish you weren't out the $105 as that's a little to pricey for a "lesson learned"

sucks man
bigbensbff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:56 AM   #23 (permalink)

Ouch, I thought it was cheaper. That does hurt. You need to find his name and get a hold of him. You can probably still call paypal and ask them for his information?

damond
Old 06-06-2011, 11:02 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Ouch, I thought it was cheaper. That does hurt. You need to find his name and get a hold of him. You can probably still call paypal and ask them for his information?

damond
definitely don't do that as you would openly admitting to screwing them out of their fees by sending gift. thus jeopardizing your paypal acct.
bigbensbff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:10 AM   #25 (permalink)

Just read through the thread and wanted to say that I feel bad for you man! I NEVER pay with "Gift" for anything over $10 or so.(Unless the seller is established with an over abundance of positive feedback) I'm still learning things as I go but I picked up alot of useful info just talking to "good" people on here. It's a shame that this is what the world has come to these days, if infact it's true that he didn't send the cards. I also traded with a member from Canada once...he received my end in 6 days...took me almost 30 days to get mine! Just a FYI.
Some things just fall through the cracks and lessons get learned...I've had my share that's for sure! It just sucks that things like this happen to good people.(Or gullable people for that matter)
Take care and I hope this gets resolved either way!
Kyle

Bucket:
http://s1189.photobucket.com/albums/z425/kparpart/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ20
kparpart is offline   Reply With Quote