Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2011, 05:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Magicman32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Middle of Nowhere Ohio
Posts: 3,755
Default Private Messages

Did you all know we have the ability to send private messages on these boards???? They are very helpful and can be used for lots of things. A few things that they can be used for (I am sure I will leave some uses out) are:

1. To settle disputes. Let's clean up the boards and use PM's to hash out our differences.

2. You can use PM's (that's Private messages for the illiterate) to communicate deals. And in doing so, you can let people know if it is going to take more than a couple days to send your end of the deal out.

3. You can use PM's to respond to offers or make offers. And if someone sends you one, you should respond back to them even if it is "No thanks"

And most importantly, you can communicate with people. That is the most important aspect of any deal.

If you can't guess, I have had three more bad transactions on here. One I paid for on May 31 and it was just shipped on the 13th, one I had to file a PayPal dispute to get the person to respond (transaction went down on May 21st still nothing), and the other "forgot" about our deal. If you don't have time to send your items or communicate, please do not deal with me or others on this board ( I am sure others have the same feelings about this).

Thank you for your time
__________________
-Collecting Bills, A's, Lakers, Sabres, Chavez, Melo, McNabb, Posluszny and any SU Players
-Putting together the set of 2006 Gridiron Playbook Patch jerseys /25. Have 10/25 currently. If you have them, LMK
"Just because you have the ability to speak, does not make you intelligent"
Magicman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16,637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicman32 View Post
Did you all know we have the ability to send private messages on these boards???? They are very helpful and can be used for lots of things. A few things that they can be used for (I am sure I will leave some uses out) are:

1. To settle disputes. Let's clean up the boards and use PM's to hash out our differences.

2. You can use PM's (that's Private messages for the illiterate) to communicate deals. And in doing so, you can let people know if it is going to take more than a couple days to send your end of the deal out.

3. You can use PM's to respond to offers or make offers. And if someone sends you one, you should respond back to them even if it is "No thanks"

And most importantly, you can communicate with people. That is the most important aspect of any deal.

If you can't guess, I have had three more bad transactions on here. One I paid for on May 31 and it was just shipped on the 13th, one I had to file a PayPal dispute to get the person to respond (transaction went down on May 21st still nothing), and the other "forgot" about our deal. If you don't have time to send your items or communicate, please do not deal with me or others on this board ( I am sure others have the same feelings about this).

Thank you for your time
Right on point. I could not agree more. The only thing I would like to add is when a deal is completed to post it on the B/S/T thread so that everyone has record of it. This keeps people from double dealing and provides a certain amount of transparency that is beneficial for all parties. You can almost always tell a solid B/S/T member by their communication or lack there of.
WCTYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Augusta, Ga
Posts: 2,226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
Right on point. I could not agree more. The only thing I would like to add is when a deal is completed to post it on the B/S/T thread so that everyone has record of it. This keeps people from double dealing and provides a certain amount of transparency that is beneficial for all parties. You can almost always tell a solid B/S/T member by their communication or lack there of.
Why clutter the boards with that...I know I dont want to sort through all that. Save your PM's about the deal...that is record enough.
__________________
I collect anyone who played hockey at the University of Maine (Paul Kariya, Jimmy Howard, Dustin Penner, Mike Lundin, Ben Bishop, Teddy Purcell, etc).

Checkoutmycards ID: kelleys1
kelleys1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16,637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleys1 View Post
Why clutter the boards with that...I know I dont want to sort through all that. Save your PM's about the deal...that is record enough.
It is not cluttering the boards. You work the details via pm and post the final agreed deal so that all members are protected. Sorting through that, as you say, is better than wasting someones time for something that is not available or has already been dealt. Get it. Just take a little time to read, which takes less time than sending a pm to get an answer that has already been posted.
WCTYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
bravesfan#1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,790
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
Right on point. I could not agree more. The only thing I would like to add is when a deal is completed to post it on the B/S/T thread so that everyone has record of it. This keeps people from double dealing and provides a certain amount of transparency that is beneficial for all parties. You can almost always tell a solid B/S/T member by their communication or lack there of.
I wouldn't mind there being a section that you can post your deals in. But instead of posting every deal separately, just make one thread and update it for every deal you make.
__________________
Master's in Accounting from NC State University. Soon to be CPA and CFE.

http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/ll91/hendersonlacrosse7/
bravesfan#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Augusta, Ga
Posts: 2,226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
It is not cluttering the boards. You work the details via pm and post the final agreed deal so that all members are protected. Sorting through that, as you say, is better than wasting someones time for something that is not available or has already been dealt. Get it. Just take a little time to read, which takes less time than sending a pm to get an answer that has already been posted.
So just because a trade/sale is posted, both members are protected and everything will be OK....Problem solved...no more issues on these boards

As far as cards that are already sold/traded, the op should update their posts when that happens. Easier for someone to do that then create a new thread saying the same thing.

Miss the days when these things were never discussed on here.
__________________
I collect anyone who played hockey at the University of Maine (Paul Kariya, Jimmy Howard, Dustin Penner, Mike Lundin, Ben Bishop, Teddy Purcell, etc).

Checkoutmycards ID: kelleys1
kelleys1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16,637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleys1 View Post
So just because a trade/sale is posted, both members are protected and everything will be OK....Problem solved...no more issues on these boards
I do not think that is what I said. It does help though. There have been more than a few times that a seller has sold the card to multiple buyers because nobody posted the details of the agreed deal. Seems pretty simple to me. I do however agree that members do not need to chat on the boards, use pm's and a lot of the B/S/T threads can be consolidated.
WCTYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
bboi30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Killa Kali
Posts: 5,578
Default

Damn I didn't know I had a PM system.

Thanks for the advice and i'll be sure to use it from now on.
__________________
THE OFFICIAL BLOWOUT RESIDENT SUPER COLLECTOR OF FRANK THOMAS BASE & UP.

MY PC NFS/NFT: http://www.zistle.com/bboi30/collections/baseball
bboi30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
ManInTheMirror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 35,562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboi30 View Post
Damn I didn't know I had a PM system.

Thanks for the advice and i'll be sure to use it from now on.
You should have told magicman this in a PM.
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16,637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
You should have told magicman this in a PM.
You should have told BBoi this in a pm.
WCTYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
lemur01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,889
Default

PM sent to you all...
__________________
Pull my Finger Have you been Lemur'd today?

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
lemur01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:32 AM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Tyler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,626
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemur01 View Post
PM sent to you all...
Bump, PM's replied to.
__________________
This is a clown forum, bro.
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:23 AM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
cking's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In my house
Posts: 9,578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicman32 View Post
Did you all know we have the ability to send private messages on these boards???? They are very helpful and can be used for lots of things. A few things that they can be used for (I am sure I will leave some uses out) are:

1. To settle disputes. Let's clean up the boards and use PM's to hash out our differences.

2. You can use PM's (that's Private messages for the illiterate) to communicate deals. And in doing so, you can let people know if it is going to take more than a couple days to send your end of the deal out.

3. You can use PM's to respond to offers or make offers. And if someone sends you one, you should respond back to them even if it is "No thanks"

And most importantly, you can communicate with people. That is the most important aspect of any deal.

If you can't guess, I have had three more bad transactions on here. One I paid for on May 31 and it was just shipped on the 13th, one I had to file a PayPal dispute to get the person to respond (transaction went down on May 21st still nothing), and the other "forgot" about our deal. If you don't have time to send your items or communicate, please do not deal with me or others on this board ( I am sure others have the same feelings about this).

Thank you for your time
Give em' hell
__________________
Always looking for Gridiron Kings cards. Framed,Autos,Jerseys and Patches.
cking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:38 AM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
bboi30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Killa Kali
Posts: 5,578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
You should have told magicman this in a PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
You should have told BBoi this in a pm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemur01 View Post
PM sent to you all...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
Bump, PM's replied to.
F U all for not PM'ing me to tell me you responded to my response.....
__________________
THE OFFICIAL BLOWOUT RESIDENT SUPER COLLECTOR OF FRANK THOMAS BASE & UP.

MY PC NFS/NFT: http://www.zistle.com/bboi30/collections/baseball
bboi30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.